Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I'm really not looking forward to whatever we decide to do with D Rose, man. He's really setting us up to make a tough decision.

I keep thinking that Derrick has to finish better around the basket. But apparently, he's already 55 percent at the rim on ten drives a game.

I guess what's left is shooting more efficiently from mid range and getting fouled more frequently.

When it comes to passing, he just needs to learn how to hit teammates when they have mismatches. I think that's the most you can realistically expect of him on that end.

He played great last night outside of having tunnel vision on some drives. Really efficient and scored when we needed it the most. 4 year 72 mill with the 4th year being a team option if no CP3

4 yr/70 is a lowball offer if Rose plays close to 80 games and keeps improving. That's the same money Noah is getting. Lol.

And keep in mind when Phil offered him that money, Noah was 1-not healthy and 2-not playing much better than he is right now

The only way you would get Derrick for a discount is if everything goes completely wrong for him. If he regresses or starts missing games. And I don't think anyone wants that.

Last edited:
Phil is a moron for that Noah contract. Paying Rose big money scares me. I'd rather give him more money for a shorter contract though. 3/90 I can live with. But 5/150 hell no.

I would've never given Noah more than a two year contract myself.

I will say this about Noah though. It seems that he has a positive effect on koq so far. KOQ really giving Noah a lot of credit for some of his play.

They should restructure Noah's contract to make him an assistant coach instead of a player :nerd:

Last edited:
I would've never given Noah more than a two year contract myself.

I will say this about Noah though. It seems that he has a positive effect on koq so far. KOQ really giving Noah a lot of credit for some of his play.

They should restructure Noah's contract to make him an assistant coach instead of a player :nerd:
Main reason I liked the idea of signing Noah was his impact in the locker room. But yeah it should've been a two year deal.

**** was really dumb. Why do you give Joakim Noah 4 years ? If he doesn't want 2 you tell him to step

For injury prone ppl I would never offer long deals. Let's say Rose goes on to improve and play around 80 games. I would offer him something short like 2 years/40 or 2 years / 50..depending on how much he improves. Best case scenario he really balls out, I would give him more but still two years. If the yr goes bad for him then it's a different story. Obviously the money will be different.

I will never understand why Phil offered an injury prone 30 year old 4 years. Lol

Last edited:
We should be at least 3 games over .500 by the time we play Golden State next Thursday.

Mad winnable games next few days.

Last edited:
a point to note. i want that game against the cavs. they killed us and we need to step up and smack em in the mouth.

hopefully we have the energy.
Sunday we got Cousins to bang down low with.
Tuesday is Hassan Whiteside
Wednesday is Lebron & the Cavs

Tough schedule, i dont like the national game on a back to back, but let's toughen up and go at it.

We SHOULD win the next two. momentum going into Wednesday night would be lovely.

our progress has been slow and steady. but slow money better than no money. LETS EAT

side note- seen somewhere that Melo is around 60% on catch and shoot. its really when he's pounding the rock that defenses are able to shore up on him. he needs at least 8 of these catch and shoots a game.

Last edited:
I hope Noah has some kind of awakening after the All-Star break. Nothing else will matter to me if he's good to go for the playoffs.

Some Rose numbers:

Derrick Rose already has three games with at least 15 points, 5 assists & 5 rebs- that's the most by any NY starting PG since J Kidd in 2012

Games 1-10: 14.7 PTS, 4.2 REB, 4.8 AST, 44-25-83.
Games 11-19: 19.2 PTS, 4.1 REB, 4.8 AST, 45-26-85.

Playing 2 more MPG, taking 2 more shots per game, doubled his FTA's

He hasnt even hit the corner yet!

Thats the about Rose, hes always improving gradually. Lots of good looks since its still earl.

If he plays around 80 games this year...boy, knicks fans you are in for a treat, come the playoffs

He will not disappoint you if he gets the full year to ball without any setbacks. He just needs to get the games in. He hasn't had the luxury of continuity for a very long time. Just pray for his health, and everything else will follow.

Last edited:
I know the analytics have Rose as a bottom 10 player in the league but the eye test says he's been pretty good. Physically, this is the best he's looked since 2011. He's still one of the quickest players in the open floor & can get to the rim at will.

Only knock on him has been playmaking. He's never been a top notch passer but he has to looks for his teammates more often. Porzingis is almost always open in the pick & roll.

Rose is so quick sometimes that he's pretty much at the rim by the time KP spots up for the open j :rofl:

That's part of it.

I think Hornacek has been steady in Rose's ear though. I think he's been telling him that on switches that he can look for KP instead of always trying to attack the big man. Rose was looking for that KP post up on switches a few times late in the game last night. KP just couldn't capitalize cuz it was a pretty bad night for him, overall. KP even missed a set of free throws :lol: I couldn't believe it

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Rose as our long term PG. Even though he's been good for us, i'm a little paranoid having him here long term.

I was just never a fan of score first PGs either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom