OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would call UM 'Easily Superior' to Jimbo

He's a douchebag but he can coach (and surround himself w/ great coaches)
You're certainly entitled to your own opinion and I also agreed he's a better coach that Jimbo; albeit with his own baggage such as a poor moral compass (and I'm not saying Jimbo is without his faults. Lord knows he has his own issues). That said, tOSU's National Championship run in the playoffs with Jones was probably one of the more improbable and impressive runs I've ever seen. While UM presents himself well outwardly, I can only see all the slime on the inside. Anyway, Saban is in a class of his own, then Urban, but if Jimbo or Dabo adds a second NC, or even if Harbaugah wins one, I see that gap closing a lot more between Urban and that latter group than a Saban. If UM didn't have his own skeletons his in closet and we were strictly talking Xs and Os, I'd probably be more inclined to be in lockstep with you on Meyer. 

I might've missed your line about not having angels in a few paragraphs full of railing on O$U 
laugh.gif
. Carry on. 
No worries. Their program is impressive, don't get me wrong and we weren't coined the FS Criminoles for nothin'. It was a 2 second search, then copy and paste, none it authored by yours truly lol. In any case, I've had a few "oversights" in my day, too. 
grin.gif

happy.gif

Yeah he definitely just saw a couple lines and went straight to

typing.gif

Last edited:
Haters everywhere :pimp:

As far as arrests since he's been at tOSU, I don't think there has been very many. Nowhere close to what he had at Florida

Last edited:
Haters everywhere
pimp.gif

As far as arrests since he's been at tOSU, I don't think there has been very many. Nowhere close to what he had at Florida
If it makes you feel any better, I've never liked tOSU. Even back in the day, way before Urban's UF team steam rolled them 
roll.gif
. I'm talking '80s and '90s when I was growing up.

Regardless, the man can put some squads together and they're a team I definitely wouldn't run my mouth about if I was squaring off against them. BTW, keep your grubby hands off our FL boys. They need to stay in state lol. 

Last edited:
Yeah he definitely just saw a couple lines and went straight to

typing.gif
laugh.gif
 Valid.

OSU has been pretty mild under Urban aside from some molly poppin and cats flunking out. Don't think he'll ever be able to get back to the UF level of not giving a damn. 

Wouldn't feel so confident about the current win streak with UM at the helm. Wouldn't be surprised to be handed our first L against the Bucks. We should probably worry about 'Bama Sept 2nd first though ...

View media item 2361288

I agree, they are the #2 program right now. Said 3 just to respect any other program that might be considered #2. Some might even say its Texas.

Left it open in order to avoid someone flaming me.

The game the following year was even worse :smh: almost had me in tears I was so damn mad lmao

As for #3, I'd personally go with FSU and then Clemson right behind. They're basically interchangeable to me. FSU took a small step back after Jameis so it'll be interesting to see if Clemson does now that Watson is gone.

Last edited:

Wouldn't feel so confident about the current win streak with UM at the helm. Wouldn't be surprised to be handed our first L against the Bucks. We should probably worry about 'Bama Sept 2nd first though ...

I agree, they are the #2 program right now. Said 3 just to respect any other program that might be considered #2. Some might even say its Texas.

Left it open in order to avoid someone flaming me.
haha. Look, I love Texas. In fact, after I leave San Diego, I'll probably move back; I love Texas that much. But their football program is a dumpster fire. Hopefully TH can right that ship, but there's a lot to be desired at the moment. Now, if we're talking richest programs, then I'd say it's Longhorns all day. Such a shame they're in the position they're in with all those resources at their disposal, but from what I read/heard, the politics at UT are off the charts with their Boosters.

I never made it to Austin for a game day. Been past Darrell K Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium plenty of times, but even after 9 years of living in Houston, I never made it to Austin for a game day. Anyway, it's gonna happen one of these fine days. Hook 'em!

Never forget, 35-3.

RIP
The game the following year was even worse 
mean.gif
 almost had me in tears I was so damn mad lmao

As for #3, I'd personally go with FSU and then Clemson right behind. They're basically interchangeable to me. FSU took a small step back after Jameis so it'll be interesting to see if Clemson does now that Watson is gone.

Last edited:
The game the following year was even worse :smh: almost had me in tears I was so damn mad lmao

Matt Barkley winning on the road as a freshmen :smoking

Clemson needs to win more championships to be a top 5 program.

We're saying Top 5 right now, not of all-time? Clemson and FSU probably both belong in there for right now. 

We're saying Top 5 right now, not of all-time? Clemson and FSU probably both belong in there for right now. 
Yeah, current. My top 5 in order are:

Bama

tOSU

FSU or Clemson. Interchangeable for me. No Watson and others this coming season, but that beatdown they put on tOSU was brutal. Then they followed it up with the NC after not backing down from Alabama. Dabo is corny, but he's corny NC winning coach now.

Michigan

Just outside the top 5, would probably be OU. And If USC keeps it up, I'd have probably have no issues placing them in the mix, but they're gonna have to show more than a seasons worth a work. At the end of the year, minus their hiccups with UW/PSU, they looked pretty damn lethal. Had Alabama met the end of the season USC, I still think the Tide would have won, but no where near the margin of victory.

Last edited:
Naw, I just think he realized the error of his ways w/ amount of questionable kids he brought in.

Looks like John Franklin III finally moved to WR full time.

And to no one's surprise

-- Jarrett Stidham was the first-team quarterback for the second straight week.

Last edited:

Yeah, current. My top 5 in order are:

Bama

tOSU

FSU or Clemson. Interchangeable for me. No Watson and others this coming season, but that beatdown they put on tOSU was brutal. Then they followed it up with the NC after not backing down from Alabama. Dabo is corny, but he's corny NC winning coach now.

Michigan

Just outside the top 5, would probably be OU. And If USC keeps it up, I'd have probably have no issues placing them in the mix, but they're gonna have to show more than a seasons worth a work. At the end of the year, minus their hiccups with UW/PSU, they looked pretty damn lethal. Had Alabama met the end of the season USC, I still think the Tide would have won, but no where near the margin of victory.
What hiccups?
laugh.gif

Special Report: Georgia still playing ‘catch up’ in facilities race

Screen-Shot-2017-02-01-at-12.41.01-PM_zzdsf6.jpg

There are two pool tables. There’s an air hockey table. Pop-a-shot basketball. Ping pong and foosball tables. A video arcade. There’s also a mini-theatre, with a massive television and couches surrounding it.

That’s the scene inside the player’s lounge at Alabama’s football facility, which also has a waterfall, just because. The lounge is what greets a player, coach — and most importantly, a recruit — when they enter the facility, which also features spacious offices, easy-access parking, and one of the largest weight rooms in college football.

This is what Kirby Smart came from, and the spoils he was used to seeing every day. That’s why last month — standing inside Georgia’s new $30.2 million indoor facility, on the same day a massive $63 million stadium project was approved — Smart still hesitated when asked where this put Georgia among all its competitors.

“I think that would be the eye of the beholder,” Smart said. “I certainly think we’re always playing a little of a catch-up when it comes to the people in our conference.”

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/facilities-race-georgia-still-playing-catch

The facilities arms race is also out of control when a $30 mill facility is not enough :lol:. You can't have 13,000 in space for the weight room, you need 30k+ sq ft.

John Plattenburg retiring from SC due to concussions. EJ Price trying to get back on the team and still enrolled. Coaches don't want him back allegedly.

@10508 Cardo Jr Ln  Georgia told him no?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom