OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
29% of y'all really believe in Georgia like that?
Of that list, yes, and if we're not taking their historical underachieving into account. The SEC East is terrible. Some decent opponents on their sked, but none of which where Id be overly concerned. AU, UT, ND, UF, and GT are their toughest challenges unless they make it to the SEC Championship. Plus they're in the SEC where you're given the benefit of the doubt when you do lose; although, it's become quite clear outside Alabama, they're not a great conference currently. Long story short, I can't see why UGA can't be undefeated or with one loss going into the SEC Championship. Not confident that anyone in that current list could do the same other than BSU. If I had to pick a team after UGA, then it would probably be BSU, TCU, Texas, then TAMU. Texas is a stretch, but if Houston's run with TH is any indication of what he could do in Austin, then watch out.

Out of curiosity, who did you pick and why?

Last edited:
Who else is there to believe in? TCU? Don't see UCLA or Oregon beating SC.

Last edited:
The USC Texas OU rumor was the 4 Cali schools, plus 2 other PAC schools leaving and joining OU, UT, OSU, TTU, and 2 other Big12 and poss B1G schools.

That never came close to happening though

Don't u have it backwards? It was part of the big12 joining the PAC 10 at the time, but they couldn't get Texas to jump and they got there own network cause of it

The USC Texas OU rumor was the 4 Cali schools, plus 2 other PAC schools leaving and joining OU, UT, OSU, TTU, and 2 other Big12 and poss B1G schools.

That never came close to happening though
Don't u have it backwards? It was part of the big12 joining the PAC 10 at the time, but they couldn't get Texas to jump and they got there own network cause of it
That was the realignment rumor years ago and something the PAC actually tried, yeah, but what I'm referring to is some talk the last two years when BigXII realignment came up again of a super conference with the Cali schools, the BigXII blue bloods, and their associated schools. TBH it was most likely all just some writers kicking around super conference ideas and talking about it as news.

Last edited:

I picked Tejas.

UGA might have the most talent, but I don't believe in Muschamp 1.1 as a HC.
Texas? Go get your money back.
laugh.gif

Chollie left some talent there, and the schedule is manageable.  OU at neutral sites twice if they make it to the Big XII CG, OKST and KSU at home.

Besides SC, TCU is their toughest game on the road and they might go through some growing pains this season if they roll with the freshman Robinson. 

What was Joe Alleva thinking when he offered this contract?

View media item 2365908
One thing has driven coaches’ salaries upward like the opening track of a roller coaster over the past decade-plus: the market. As more money pours into college sports, proven, successful coaches become more valuable. In response, programs spend more to either hire in-demand coaches away or to keep other schools from doing the same.

Take, for example, Tom Herman. LSU came after the then-Houston head coach hard and, to secure his services, Texas offered him a 5-year contract worth $28.75 million in base salary. Herman had options — Texas, LSU, returning to a Houston job he cherished — and the Longhorns ponied up to make sure he viewed theirs as the best of those options.

On the other side of that coin is the coach LSU turned to after Herman spurned the Bayou Bengals: Ed Orgeron.

As detailed by Ross Dellenger of The Advocate, Orgeron signed a 5-year contract worth $3.5 million per year that is heavy in incentives and security for the coach.

Should LSU fire Orgeron without cause after the 2017 season, the school would owe him $12 million. That number drops to $8.5 million in 2018, $6 million in ’19, $4.5 million in 2020 and $1 million in ’21.

While Herman had options, Orgeron had none. LSU competed against itself for his services. Serving as the head coach of his home state’s flagship program was Orgeron’s dream, and he weighed that option against….. being a defensive line coach again?

In Orgeron’s mind, the LSU head job against other options available to him at the time was a see-saw with field mouse on one end and an elephant on the other.

Here’s how deeply Orgeron considered the LSU job before taking it, as he described the 75-minute drive between his home in Mandeville and LSU’s Baton Rouge facility on the morning he would officially become the Tigers’ head coach: “I was going very fast, I was listening to some of my favorite music, I had the window down and I was hollering the whole way.”

http://footballscoop.com/news/what-was-joe-alleva-thinking-when-he-offered-lsu-ed-orgeron-contract/

Last edited:
Here’s how deeply Orgeron considered the LSU job before taking it, as he described the 75-minute drive between his home in Mandeville and LSU’s Baton Rouge facility on the morning he would officially become the Tigers’ head coach: “I was going very fast, I was listening to some of my favorite music, I had the window down and I was hollering the whole way.”
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

It's free to stream on https://www.go90.com/profiles/serie...ko_id:p18293002962_CICq4eWG1NICFUq5wAodiBsFvg

Hopefully he can recruit a QB that knows how to throw a forward pass. They'd be so dangerous every year
They'd be fine with Malik Zaire type as well. 

They just need someone back there who can at least do something with his arm and/or legs. 

Last edited:
I like the one QB they landed last year.

Not sure how the more ATH type QB they landed (Narcisse) is gonna work out, I know he's had Knee issues.

Big shout outs to my good friend, Jayden Everett for taking the RB Coach at Central Michigan. #FireUpChips

Just so happens they play KU this year in Lawrence. :smokin

Greg Biggins said that DTR and Corral were the two best QBs at the LA regional and that DTR got an opening final invite but that the Opening staff made the decision not to invite Corral at this event as a way to humble/punish him for his off the field troubles. Biggins said that he expects if Corral keeps performing well he'll get one later.

I guess I didn't realize kids could participate in more than one regional (can they?) or that invites are extended outside of the event.

Hopefully he can recruit a QB that knows how to throw a forward pass. They'd be so dangerous every year

They just need someone back there who can at least do something with his arm and/or legs. 

If LSU sticks with the same offense then O run into the same problems Les did trying to pigeonhole spread QBs into a system they ain't fit for. Their best passer post 07 title was Mettenberger of all people.

If LSU sticks with the same offense then O run into the same problems Les did trying to pigeonhole spread QBs into a system they ain't fit for. Their best passer post 07 title was Mettenberger of all people.
Their new OC Canada is a really creative guy.  As long as he's there, that shouldn't be a problem anymore. 

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo.../matt-canada-lsu-offensive-coordinator-scheme

His take on Meyer's shovel option play was a big part of Pitt's run game last year. 

Back
Top Bottom