OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the story about that kid? Did he get kicked off a D1 team and end up at Co Lin?
Nah he was top 100 player in the 16 class that signed with Bama and didn't qualify, thus forcing him to go the JC route. 

I think most if not all NQs have to take a RS year in JUCO ball, which might explain his weight gain. 
Always be crootin'
smokin.gif

But Staples is wrong about that being the only QB they've offered
That wasn't from staples, it was from some random FSU poster on r/cfb 
laugh.gif

Maybe he meant "commitable" offer?

He offered Trevor Lawrence, I'm sure if Trevor wanted to commit Jimbo would have no problem with that :lol:

But yeah, once I saw that he was going to these camps w/ Trey I knew it was going to allow him to do part of his QB evals right then and there. This is like maybe the 2nd or 3rd one he has been to w/ Trey

Hope they can get in on Justin Fields before its too late and he's fully sold on PSU

Last edited:
I guess he wasn't impressed by Sitkowski because he was there too. Even though it sounds like he balled.

Dear Football gods,

Please let FSU land Taron Vincent + Robert Cooper and Marvin Wilson in back to back recruiting classes and keep the 2 '19 kids they have committed in the fold.

Thanks,
DC

This is why I love Message Boards, gives a glimpse into the different worlds that people on the same planet live in:

Troy (Vincent) is a professional and am sure he has raised Taron in that mindset. If I'm Troy, I see Urban Meyer as easily superior to bumpkin Jimbo Fisher, and then add LJ. I feel good because we have better chance when quality of the recruit and his family's character are also high. FSU wins over lower quality individuals who don't need or want higher expectations of being a quality person not just player.

Last edited:
Was that from BN? So Kendall Sheffield's pedo Dad was a high quality individual? 
laugh.gif

Taron needs to come to AA tho...

tbh this is the only college football message board I go on where posters aren't majority crazy people. Even Reddit can get pretty bad when sexual assault or politics are mentioned.

I thought Klemm got caught cheating?
He did. He can still work as an analyst/recruiter, he's just not allowed to coach on field. But if SC hired him they'd probably petition the NCAA on that point anyway.

"Klemm’s show-cause order lasts until Sept. 15, 2018, so any school that hires him has to appear in front of the Committee of Infractions to argue why his recruiting activities should not be restricted. However, those restrictions are thought to be no more restrictive than that of a support staff member."

Alabama is pursuing him too.

Last edited:
tbh this is the only college football message board I go on where posters aren't majority crazy people. Even Reddit can get pretty bad when sexual assault or politics are mentioned.

I like rivals sometimes (the main board or whatever the free one is) but they get to be super annoying after a while

Think Vincent is OSU bound anyways. How good is Marvin Wilson? Saw mixed reviews on him on the circuit. Sure Haggins can develop the frame into actually being a dominant player. 

The problem with those threads is that they've been deflagging them which allows MRA types and other idiots from both spectrums who aren't even part of the community to easily drive by post from other subs.

Think Vincent is OSU bound anyways. How good is Marvin Wilson? Saw mixed reviews on him on the circuit. Sure Haggins can develop the frame into actually being a dominant player. 

Michigan having Bliff Poggi on the staff gives them a shot with Vincent. He coached both of the Vincent boys at Gilman.

Michigan having Bliff Poggi on the staff gives them a shot with Vincent. He coached both of the Vincent boys at Gilman.
Vincent announced he's down to OSU and FSU.

It's still early tho, we got like 9 months until EE's sign their NOI.

Plenty of time for Michigan to become a factor.

Dear Football gods,

Please let FSU land Taron Vincent + Robert Cooper and Marvin Wilson in back to back recruiting classes and keep the 2 '19 kids they have committed in the fold.

Thanks,
DC

This is why I love Message Boards, gives a glimpse into the different worlds that people on the same planet live in:
Troy (Vincent) is a professional and am sure he has raised Taron in that mindset. If I'm Troy, I see Urban Meyer as easily superior to bumpkin Jimbo Fisher, and then add LJ. I feel good because we have better chance when quality of the recruit and his family's character are also high. FSU wins over lower quality individuals who don't need or want higher expectations of being a quality person not just player.
What 'tard's commentary is that? I wouldn't argue that Urban Meyer isn't one of the best in the game as far as Xs and Os are concerned; probably 2nd only to Nick Satan in the college world. Also, I wouldn't exactly call UM "easily superior," but I'd certainly place him ahead of Jimbo. The rest of the of his opinion is quite delusional. I guess he didn't see the wonderful citizens Urban had at UF, such as Aaron Hernandez for one. Not just troublemakers, but full on killers. It was the inmates running the asylum when Urban was at UF so to speak. Not going to pretend we had angels at FSU, but  Urban had a special bunch in Hogtown. Would be waiting for the JW rapist comments from that guy as well ...

Well said, Janoris ...

"All indications are that, arrests or not, Meyer didn’t care, as long as the team was successful.  It’s a reality that Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins, who was tolerated by Meyer but kicked out of school by his successor, Will Muschamp, astutely recognized in 2011.

“If Coach Meyer were still coaching, I’d still be playing for the Gators,” Jenkins said at the time. “Coach Meyer knows what it takes to win.”"

The most arrested college football teams in America:

1. Washington State 31

Holy hell, this is what happens when you're a team that gets no attention and you're located in the middle of nowhere. Is Washington State a football team or a criminal syndicate?

2. Florida 24

Interestingly, if you combine Florida and Ohio State's arrests, Urban Meyer would be number one on this list

Last edited:

Out of all schools to make this argument, FSU just ain't the one, bruh. 
What are you talking about? What does "this" mean? Slightly ambiguous.
Past 3 years alone you've had a major rape allegation, and two violent acts towards women alone. You had a former player stealing debit cards from another player and was with a guy who was shooting at the dude's half brother. Pender just got booted for catching a felony last year. No need to turn up your nose at other programs, man. That **** is corny. 

I would call UM 'Easily Superior' to Jimbo

He's a douchebag but he can coach (and surround himself w/ great coaches)

Last edited:

Out of all schools to make this argument, FSU just ain't the one, bruh. 
What are you talking about? What does "this" mean? Slightly ambiguous.
Past 3 years alone you've had a major rape allegation, and two violent acts towards women alone. You had a former player stealing debit cards from another player and was with a guy who was shooting at the dude's half brother. Pender just got booted for catching a felony last year. No need to turn up your nose at other programs, man. That **** is corny. 
Did you even read the whole response or are you missing the point? It was pot calling the kettle black from an OSU poster. I even mentioned that we didn't have didn't have angels. The guy on a thread eluded to poor moral character at FSU when Urban's own programs had a slew of misguided children.  So again, who is turning their nose up at another program?

Last edited:
I might've missed your line about not having angels in a few paragraphs full of railing on O$U 
laugh.gif
. Carry on. 

But you're right, between Urban and FSU there's little room for any talking. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom