Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Charlo and Andrade are going to be the 2 fighters that don't make sense as they're high risk non big money. Both of them are going to have to start turning up on playing the heel role and making themselves bigger draws if they want a GGG or Canelo fight. Canelo, Cotto, BJS are the only money fights at 160 for GGG right now
Charlo is the mandatory at 160 after his last fight...
Andrade is still 154 btw

Would Charlos promoter even want him against GGG right away?

I know his first fight at 160 was impressive but the guy he fought had leg issues and still landed some shots. He might be better off going against Billy Joe or Willie Monroe or Jacobs or Lemieux first.

Would Charlos promoter even want him against GGG right away?

I know his first fight at 160 was impressive but the guy he fought had leg issues and still landed some shots. He might be better off going against Billy Joe or Willie Monroe or Jacobs or Lemieux first.
Well he is the mandatory rt now so idk how that works does GGG have to fight him?
Or give up his belts by not fighting him?

I never knew how that worked in boxing does anybody know?

I think the governing bodies has to order it then he'd have to fight or vacate but if there are more interesting fights for GGG like a second or third fight with Canelo, I doubt they'd stop it to force GGG to fight Charlo.

They could also pay Charlo a step-aside money to let GGG fight someone else if ordered. Like the upcoming Wilder-Ortiz fight, Stiverne was the mandatory but agreed to accept money to let those two fight.

But yah, there's been plenty of cases where the mandatory doesn't get the fight right away, I think GGG himself had to wait two (or more?) years as a mandatory to one of the MW belts.

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer Are you still going with your pick of Hughie Fury over Parker this Sat? If Fury puts on a boxing clinic against Parker could we be into the Fury cousins era of HW division and take over for the Klitschko era we had

What has charlo done to make you believe that? No shade, im a mall fan myself but ggg destroys him.
He has every tool in the box his style is perfect to beat GGG, if Jacobs had real power he beats GGG that's what Mall is
he has legit boxing skills and 1 hitta quitta
power...

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer Are you still going with your pick of Hughie Fury over Parker this Sat? If Fury puts on a boxing clinic against Parker could we be into the Fury cousins era of HW division and take over for the Klitschko era we had

I am still picking Fury to win. I'm just now catching up with the ****show that happened at the press conference today.

How did either of the brothers make 154?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 34
What about your pick on Bronze Bomber vs King Kong? I got King Kong outboxing Wilder putting on a clinic but Wilder's always got a chance of landing that monstrous right hand which is probably the biggest single punch power in boxing

I am still picking Fury to win. I'm just now catching up with the ****show that happened at the press conference today.

Wilder is a wild Mf idk if he can box or not sometimes true hood dude that just walked into a gym one day...

What about your pick on Bronze Bomber vs King Kong? I got King Kong outboxing Wilder putting on a clinic but Wilder's always got a chance of landing that monstrous right hand which is probably the biggest single punch power in boxing

I'm going with Wilder. Ortiz is fighting father time, I always suspected that he is older than listed.

Finally watched Canelo-GGG.

Great fight. I thought GGG won though. Round 6 was the hardest to score for me. Round 10 was great. Both took some heavy, clean shots and barely flinched. 118-110 in favor of Canelo was laughable. Hope part II gets figured out for early next year.

Yeah I've heard that Ortiz is really 45 and not 38 like he's listed. On paper this should be a bad matchup for Wilder cause those wild haymakers he throws are going to be a counter punching clinic for King Kong but if he's really 45 years old he may not have enough gas left in the tank for Wilder. Wilder needs this W to make himself a bigger name to get a fight with AJ as well

I'm going with Wilder. Ortiz is fighting father time, I always suspected that he is older than listed.

Billy Joe Saunders saying Tyson Fury will announce return in October, the Fury Cousins about to try to take the HW division this era like the Klitschko brother did

Well he is the mandatory rt now so idk how that works does GGG have to fight him?
Or give up his belts by not fighting him?

I never knew how that worked in boxing does anybody know?

Organizations give fighters voluntary defenses where they can pick anyone to fight (including their mandatory to get out of the way) but eventually they have to fight the #1 rated challenger in that organization. It really depends on the organization when they want to enforce a mandatory but is usually after a few voluntary defenses or when a challenger has been waiting for a while to get his shot. There are always exceptions like a unification bout can stall a mandatory or big fights like this Canelo vs GGG.

GGG just took care of his WBA obligation by beating Jacobs so if a mandatory would come up it would be his IBF (Derevyanchenko) or WBC (Charlo) so if any of those two envoke the mandatory GGG has to fight or be stripped of his belt.

Back
Top Bottom