Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I rather the fight be scored probably and we get a rematch

Than a rematch happening because of buffoonery.

It was a close fight, but GGG won that thing.

118-110 is inexcusable. At this point, boxing needs federal oversight.

My thing is... even if you're in on the fix, why not just make it less obvious? You could have Canelo winning, with something other than 118-110...

Yeah that's the part I don't get. When you do some dumb **** like 118-110 you're just putting a target on your back for fans and media.

Unless the judge really was horrible enough to think that was a solid score.

Canelo was ALWAYS going to get the benefit of the doubt on the cards. See Floyd fight, Lara fight, etc. With that said, GGG won the fight but it was a lot closer than I thought it would be. I could understand a draw if it was 115-113 on the 118-110 card.

Silly question, but why would boxing want to push Canelo when he's already lost to an almost 40 year old fighter before? Wouldn't an undefeated fighter be a bigger draw and have made a rematch even bigger possibly? Seems they're hustling backwards.

You can watch this fight muted and it still won't change a thing. Whether you're a compubox nerd or you watched their body language, Golovkin won. His fight with Jacobs was very similar in compubox as far as total punches landed, power shots, and jabs. Look at the demeanor between Jacobs and Canelo. Very different. If Golovkin edged out the W with Jacobs, he definitely deserved it with Canelo.

Canelo was fighting like Floyd last night the majority of the match, funny to see.

Silly question, but why would boxing want to push Canelo when he's already lost to an almost 40 year old fighter before? Wouldn't an undefeated fighter be a bigger draw and have made a rematch even bigger possibly? Seems they're hustling backwards.

Canelo is Golden Boy's golden goose, they have nobody else on their roster. Canelo losing to Mayweather was almost a win-win situation. Canelo was 23 at the time and there was no shame in losing to the best. His recent string of wins his helped him redeem himself to some degree.

Then if we look at GGG, he is HBO's crown jewel. They lost two of their most valuable assets in Kovalev and Roman Gonzalez this year. Top Rank also migrated to ESPN, meaning they lost Lomachenko and Crawford, so HBO really only has GGG.

It is in both parties best interest to extend GGG vs Canelo to two or three matches. Everyone else at 160 lb is either not popular enough or pose too much risk. It will keep the lights on for Golden Boy and HBO while giving them time to rebuild.

Canelo is Golden Boy's golden goose, they have nobody else on their roster. Canelo losing to Mayweather was almost a win-win situation. Canelo was 23 at the time and there was no shame in losing to the best. His recent string of wins his helped him redeem himself to some degree.

Then if we look at GGG, he is HBO's crown jewel. They lost two of their most valuable assets in Kovalev and Roman Gonzalez this year. Top Rank also migrated to ESPN, meaning they lost Lomachenko and Crawford, so HBO really only has GGG.

It is in both parties best interest to extend GGG vs Canelo to two or three matches. Everyone else at 160 lb is either not popular enough or pose too much risk. It will keep the lights on for Golden Boy and HBO while giving them time to rebuild.

HBO has Canelita as well. He still 3 fights left on his deal, and is still effectively HBO's biggest asset.

He's one of the better Latino fighters

Lampley mentioned last night that there would be network barriers to a potential Diego DLH and Oscar Valdez fight, but GB has a relationship with ESPN as well.

That should be a relatively easy fight to make for both sides.

HBO has Canelita as well. He still 3 fights left on his deal, and is still effectively HBO's biggest asset.

HBO didn't have to spend as much to build Canelo, like they had to push GGG the past few years. Canelo built himself up for the most part. Either way the HBO well is dry, we can tell just by looking at the ****** undercard last night.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr has announced he will return against Anthony Dirrell on Nov 11th in LA back up at super-middleweight

That sums it up. I just dont understand the hype Canelo and GGG get. The competition is just weak right now. So it makes the couple of above average Boxers seem better than they truly are. Its like how the Rap Game is right now. Of course Kendrick and Cole are going to look like Gods amongst so much trash competition. Would they have the same success if they where in the 90,s? I watched Hagler,Hearns,Sugar Ray,Hector C (79-6),Fernando V,Oscar D,Felix T,B Hopkins,Money M,P Naseem,julio Chavez (107-6)

Theres more i can name from back then. I say that to say this. The fight was good if your just looking at the competition of todays eras of Boxers. But it wasn't great or historical. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd fight might be. Missed the fight from streams not staying up. Watched it after. I wasnt impressed. Canelo started and finished strong. GGG edged him out by a little. Wish Floyd would fight Canelo and GGG one a piece then retire. He could beat either one of them in the next 1-2 years.

Let's be real, we don't even need to go so far back. Kelly Pavlik and Jermaine Taylor in their prime would've destroyed both of them.

Why would you even want Floyd to fight 2 guys if you don't think they're that good?

I'd rather see them fight each other again.

Let Floyd stay retired.

Just like effective aggression is looked at, it should be looked at the same on defense too. Making someone miss isnt enough. Cool you made a guy miss and he landed a low percentage but if he's still landing a large volume, percentage shouldn't matter. Not really commenting on this fight but more so on what I see people saying.

idk about those 2, definitely B Hop when he was ruling MW division though. And Roy back at 160 would've made GGG just look silly, like 12 rounds to 0 silly

Let's be real, we don't even need to go so far back. Kelly Pavlik and Jermaine Taylor in their prime would've destroyed both of them.

Back
Top Bottom