Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just who is Adelaide Byrd and who is she working for really? And why doesn't boxing have an oversight committee like at the federal level where they can perform investigations when it comes to these incidents?

Some of yall i dont get. Canelo literally fought the best fight he could tonight and it still only netted him a Gift draw.

Ggg clearly got caught up in jead hunting rather then going to the body. GGG controlled the pace of the fight and made canelo fight the fight of his life.

Watch dlh delay and stall the rematch as long as he can

true story i was watching a stream of the fight on youtube and the person laid the phone on the floor so it was at an angle where you could see the tv and a chair right next to it.

well in the middle of the fight a white and black cat decided to sit his fat *** in front of the camera and block the view

GGG landed 218 punches to 169 for Canelo according to Compubox. GGG landed more punches than Canelo in 10 of 12 rounds. GGG was the aggressor coming forward majority of fight pressing the action. Does this even count? Without looking at the Compubox scorecard and just watching the fight, if not hard to see that GGG was landing more.

Canelo was backing up around the ring, hanging out on the ropes, basically trying to wait on countering opportunities with a burst of offense here and there. When Canelo tried establish anything, by the mid round Canelo ended back up on the ropes or circling around the ring. I didn't see fight a draw at all. GGG was the clear winner here. The 118-110 score by Adalaide Byrd is unacceptable.

Fighting off the back foot or on the ropes isn't a negative if you're countering. In some rounds that Canelo fought off the back foot and didn't counter I gave to GGG. There were a few middle rounds where Canelo would sit on the ropes and his head and upper body movement made GGG swing at air constantly. People see Canelo on the ropes and just because GGG swings they score those rounds for him because it looks nice.

Effective aggression. Plenty of rounds where GGG was throwing lots and missing tons. And if Canelos movement is causing those misses, and Canelo is countering I'm giving those rounds to Canelo based off of defense, clean punching, and effective aggression. Defense scores too, not just punches.

It's funny because Canelo fought similarly to how Lara fought him except he engaged way more, came forward more and countered more than Lara did, yet lots of people gave Lara the win lol.

Talk about double standards.

Last edited:
:lol: I've disagreed with Ninja on more than one occasion, nice to see that you can't help but try to be clever even in the boxing thread

i randomly come here to see da reaction to that robbery of a boxing match, and rusty got my name in his mouth with gusto.

you dragging ish in da sports forum that's foreign in here..drop that ish, please.

as for da fight...Tony atlas basically keeping it funky.

true story i was watching a stream of the fight on youtube and the person laid the phone on the floor so it was at an angle where you could see the tv and a chair right next to it.

well in the middle of the fight a white and black cat decided to sit his fat *** in front of the camera and block the view

Real tears. U couldn't make up something funnier :rofl:

Adelaide Byrd is wife of robert byrd the ref of the floyd conor fight

wow man. boxing is despicable. I honestly want that woman dead or in jail.

Canelo won the first and last rounds and maybe 2 others. thats it. hopefully the rematch is in May.

I seriously considered attending this fight and when things got in the way of that, I was very close to putting a few hundred on GGG but Im just glad I didnt do any of that. I would've been left in such a state of disgust I wouldn't know what to do with myself. This way, I threw $70 to watch an amazing fight and I can get over the ridiculous result much easier.

wow man. boxing is despicable. I honestly want that woman dead or in jail.

Canelo won the first and last rounds and maybe 2 others. thats it. hopefully the rematch is in May.

I seriously considered attending this fight and when things got in the way of that, I was very close to putting a few hundred on GGG but Im just glad I didnt do any of that. I would've been left in such a state of disgust I wouldn't know what to do with myself. This way, I threw $70 to watch an amazing fight and I can get over the ridiculous result much easier.

You would have been upset you got to witness a great, close fight live that ended in a fair result?

I swear to god you guys are so dramatic. Acting like casuals...

Just who is Adelaide Byrd and who is she working for really? And why doesn't boxing have an oversight committee like at the federal level where they can perform investigations when it comes to these incidents?

If there were an oversight committee; I'm positive she'd be exposed as a dirty judge. Her head is either completely lodged in her *** when the first bell rings in a fight or she's on the take; I'm definitely leaning towards the latter.

There are two things they can do to fix the judging in boxing.

Have an oversight committee than can suspend bad judges.

Put the judges inside a room and have them watch a fight on mute, on a huge screen. There is so much they miss because they don't have the best sightlines. If they had multiple camera angles, the judging would be better.

Back
Top Bottom