Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
idk about those 2, definitely B Hop when he was ruling MW division though. And Roy back at 160 would've made GGG just look silly, like 12 rounds to 0 silly

Well maybe not totally destroy, but I am fairly confident Pavlik and Taylor would beat them both in their heyday. Roy Jones, Hopkins, and even Toney would've been a shut out so there is no need to bring them up.

Just like effective aggression is looked at, it should be looked at the same on defense too. Making someone miss isnt enough. Cool you made a guy miss and he landed a low percentage but if he's still landing a large volume, percentage shouldn't matter. Not really commenting on this fight but more so on what I see people saying.

This isn't basketball where the total score when the buzzer sounds determines the winner and field goal % is just logged for stats. If it is that cut and dry, we would just look at who had the more total punches landed and declare him the winner.

Canelo was ALWAYS going to get the benefit of the doubt on the cards. See Floyd fight, Lara fight, etc. With that said, GGG won the fight but it was a lot closer than I thought it would be. I could understand a draw if it was 115-113 on the 118-110 card.

Good point about the Floyd and Lara fights. Both horribly scored fights.

This isn't basketball where the total score when the buzzer sounds determines the winner and field goal % is just logged for stats. If it is that cut and dry, we would just look at who had the more total punches landed and declare him the winner.

I don't think that total punches is the only determing factor in a fight. I'm saying that if you are gonna make them miss you have to make them pay as well. Countering is a big part of that. Yes making people miss does have a factor but so does ring generalship, the ability to land/counter, if youre dictating the pace, and if your landing cleaner, more effective shots.

Floyd was great at being defensive, making you miss. Hitting with good counters and really control the pace of the fight as well as where the fight went. I think the combinations of those things are considered and not just looking at the percentage of shots landed.

what I saw was a challenger not doing enough to beat the champ to get his belt. you need to TAKE IT if you want to win against the champion. I didn't see that from Canelo.

GGG is what 35? How long can that chin hold up. He needs to capitalize on the next 2 years.

Rigo vs Loma in Dec....count me allllll the way in

what I saw was a challenger not doing enough to beat the champ to get his belt. you need to TAKE IT if you want to win against the champion. I didn't see that from Canelo.

GGG had everything going against him in the fight, he didn't get this "edge" where the champ has to lose convincingly and he "had to knockdown/KO Canelo to win"

GGG is what 35? How long can that chin hold up. He needs to capitalize on the next 2 years.

Rigo vs Loma in Dec....count me allllll the way in
He will be fight Canelo for the next year plus I see them fighting in May 2018 and early 2019

Hopefully GGG fights in December. Honestly think he looked better and sharper when he was more active. It wasn't until recently that he started only fighting twice a year and maybe it's been affecting him. That's not to say his level of competition doesn't have to do with that two but he looks a little less sharp IMO.

His promoter said he's looking to fight in Dec and then rematch Canelo in May 2018. Said Billy Joe is asking for too much money but they're looking at potential Cotto fight in Dec

Hopefully GGG fights in December. Honestly think he looked better and sharper when he was more active. It wasn't until recently that he started only fighting twice a year and maybe it's been affecting him. That's not to say his level of competition doesn't have to do with that two but he looks a little less sharp IMO.

His promoter said he's looking to fight in Dec and then rematch Canelo in May 2018. Said Billy Joe is asking for too much money but they're looking at potential Cotto fight in Dec

Don't want to see Cotto take the unnecessary punishment, dude is way too small to be going up against GGG. If he can't get Saunders he should take care of a mandatory to keep them from piling up.

This is dumb logic. You don't need to take anything, you need to win more rounds.

Its that simple.

Charlo and Andrade are going to be the 2 fighters that don't make sense as they're high risk non big money. Both of them are going to have to start turning up on playing the heel role and making themselves bigger draws if they want a GGG or Canelo fight. Canelo, Cotto, BJS are the only money fights at 160 for GGG right now

Charlo and GGG don't want that at all

Charlo and Andrade are going to be the 2 fighters that don't make sense as they're high risk non big money. Both of them are going to have to start turning up on playing the heel role and making themselves bigger draws if they want a GGG or Canelo fight. Canelo, Cotto, BJS are the only money fights at 160 for GGG right now

Not true at all. Canelo fought Trout and Lara with a high risk low reward because that's what the fights people wanted.

Back
Top Bottom