Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just called into First Take talking bout it. Son had a great career.. I feel like he's legot done and won't comeback.

Damn that's wild. He had a statement on his website saying that his body isn't holding up to the stress of training camp anymore so he's not as driven now. If that's the case then he's making the right choice. I guess when the easy money fight with Bellew fell through he figured the rest of these guys weren't worth putting himself through it anymore.

I gotta wonder if he actually stays away though, most of the young retirees always make their way back. If he takes a couple years off and he's feeling rested I can see him trying it again down the line. I guess we'll see though

Kinda sad about sog retired. Can't watch 1 of my favorite fighters anymore. Still got Mikey, Budd and Spence to look forward too but sog was my favorite

Once the bellew fight fell thru and bellee haye rematch was happening i guess ward didnt have a big money fight on the table.

Would have at least wanted to see them try to get the fight made... Maybe if both could be convinced that enough money could be made something could come of it.

So you basically just said MMA is sometimes harder to judge because there's more criteria and there's been times the judges messed up because of it, which I completely agree with. And that actually only proves my point even more, because you're basically saying even when there are bad decisions in MMA it's because it's harder to judge, not because of corruption. So it seems like we're agreeing? Not sure what you mean by that has nothing to do with it

Im not saying one is harder then the other, both are difficult. Have you been to a live match for either? There are no clocks on the wall you have one perception with no replays and you have one seat that you can not move from and you must use that perspective we are all human.
You can get into the pissing match of boxing vs mma but im not. All I said is that if someone makes a bad decision it is not as bad in MMA bc you have fewer rounds where your scores can be scrutinized. If the Scores would've been:
115-113 GGG
114-114 Draw
115-113 Canelo
and no one is upset.

Get off the MMA high horse and trying to say that it is harder to judge. The only reason your happy to say their is no corruption is bc UFC runs everything behind a blanket, you have one body and not multiple sanctions.

At the end of the day I have no problem saying I wholeheartedly prefer boxing to MMA

Would have at least wanted him to unify with Stevenson...

Stevenson never tried to make a fight with either guy happen, he has a belt and thats all he wants prime reason he has literally fought no one for the past 3 years.

Smart for ward to get out while he's still healthy. Sad we won't see him again, but boxers always retire and come back so we shall see.

Im not saying one is harder then the other, both are difficult. Have you been to a live match for either? There are no clocks on the wall you have one perception with no replays and you have one seat that you can not move from and you must use that perspective we are all human.
You can get into the pissing match of boxing vs mma but im not. All I said is that if someone makes a bad decision it is not as bad in MMA bc you have fewer rounds where your scores can be scrutinized. If the Scores would've been:
115-113 GGG
114-114 Draw
115-113 Canelo
and no one is upset.

Get off the MMA high horse and trying to say that it is harder to judge. The only reason your happy to say their is no corruption is bc UFC runs everything behind a blanket, you have one body and not multiple sanctions.

At the end of the day I have no problem saying I wholeheartedly prefer boxing to MMA

You seem to be saying a whole lot of nothing my guy. You're going back and forth on your arguments now, you're talking about pissing matches, relax yourself buddy

I'm a fan of both sports and been a boxing fan way longer, since I was a little kid. No pissing matches here, and acting like you have to choose one or the other in the first place is corny, I'm a fan of fights period, ring, cage, whatever.

And as far as saying if the score woulda been 115-113 Canelo nobody would've been upset, OF COURSE. But they weren't. They were ridiculously wide to the point where it was a slap in the face. And your MMA point still isn't that good because if somebody scored a 5 round major championship fight 4-1 to a guy that looked like he shoulda lost, people will definitely be talking about it. I guess we'll just agree to disagree tho.

Back
Top Bottom