Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you're giving him **** for winning two close fights? You know it's ok to win close fights right? Also, what blown up welterweights has he fought that he gets credit for? None that I mentioned. The ones I mentioned were are legit at 154. Nobody gives him credit for Josesito or Khan.

I get the Oscar hate though, he's a weird dude. But I dont think he affects Canelo that much.

FTR, the only time he was made to look like trash was against Mayweather, but well, thats self explanatory.

Well I've always given him **** because I thought he lost those two fights. And those also just so happened to be the most legit 154lbers he had on his resume at the time (outside of Floyd). I'm sure other people saw it differently but that's how I saw it.

Also, Josesito, Khan, Mosley, Cotto are all blown up welterweights. And technically Floyd too, but he's Floyd. And it doesn't matter if people give him credit or not, it's just not the best look fighting so many smaller dudes.

But either way like I said, I don't dislike Canelo himself actually. He has flaws like any other fighter but he's still a beast in the ring and I respect his willingness to fight whoever too. I just think the machine behind him led to some interesting choices in opponents and also some decisions in fights he might not have won. So I'm just saying if other people are seeing things the same way, I could understand how they wouldn't like him that much, that's all.

Rigo is not beating Loma! No way I can see that happening.

Tomorrow is a toss up. Think I'm going with GGG with TKO or Canelo SD.

Loma Rigo is gonna be dope regardless. Happy to see Rigo against top competition again, and it'll be good to see Loma against a guy that can match his skill level, even if there is a size difference.

Rigo probably takes an L because of age and weight but it'll be dope for as long as it lasts.

I'm rooting for Canelo but I don't think he can hurt GGG unless it's to the body. Canelo's punch to look out for is the uppercut, and the jab. GGG always resets when you tag him first, one of his few flaws, and he's also vulnerable to the upper.

If Canelo can withstand GGG's power, he wins a UD. We'll see how good Canelo's chin in. They've sparred so he's had a taste of it. It's going to be interesting.

Either Canelo UD, or GGG TKO.

Leaning Canelo.

As I've said, Lomachenko is going to dominate rigondeaux and get no credit for it because of the weight.

He's the more skilled fighter but he will get punished once he gets on them ropes.

Kirkland hurt him, GGG will Drop him

I'm not even sure if that's true tho. The MX amateur system is completely different from the EE ones but still GGG was an Olympic silver medalist. Canelita is the superior counter puncher, and has better upper body and head moment but GGG has a great jab and superior footwork. He's also a solid counter puncher in his own right.

I have a Mexican friend that changed his ethnic sounding last name so it can sound more European.

Was he born/lives in the States? Could also just be your friend, it's not like there is a massive trend of Mexicans changing their last names that I know of.

It depends. If you go to Mexico, the social classes are pretty much divided racially. A huge chunk of wealthy people in Mexico come from old money that is tied to their European ancestry. So what you get is the light-skinned people having more money, therefore are in a class above the rest of the more mixed, darker-skinned Mexican population.

So those light skinned people care deeply about their skin color and European lineage, because of what it means to their status in Mexico.

Which is why I said outside of a small group, that group being the same ones you pointed out in your post.

Am I the only one who finds it a bit suspicious that Golovkin didn't even drop Jacobs as hard as Sergio Mora did?

Could be a few things. Jacobs got better, GGG wasn't able to catch him because of his movement, GGG was too cautious and respected him too much. I could see any of those being the reason.

Sergio Mora is a career 154 lber, a light hitting one at that. Well for those who don't know there were some questions surrounding Golovkin gloves being thinner in the knuckle. Maybe he then decided to switch back to normal for the Jacob's fight? Canelo's team better inspect those gloves and wraps with hawkeyes.

Jacobs rushed in on Mora recklessly when he thought he was hurt and caught a punch he didn't see. Fought smart and cautious against GGG and didn't get dropped.

But I heard an interview from a guy who sparred both GGG and Canelo, claims Canelo actually has the bigger one punch power, but GGG has more consistent power for whatever that's worth. Also says GGG is strong with both hands.

I dunno man, Murray went 11 rounds with GGG, Jacobs went 12, Stevens went 8, Lemiuex went 8. I think Canelo might be able to make it 12. And if he does, I agree with a couple other folks in thinking that unless he gets VERY clearly beat he's gonna get at least a split decision. And to be fair he could possibly just legitimately outbox GGG too, if he can deal with the power. Gonna be interesting

Sergio Mora wouldn't be able to knock down Victor Ortiz with his head turned to the ref. That's how I rate Mora's power. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom