Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought a lot of Mexicans strive to be more European.

Like with any Latin American country that mindset certainty still exists (e.g. Ninjahood), but it's not universal and starting to die out a bit slowly.

The majority of Mexicans and Chicanos still rock with Canelita, it's just that there is a sizable minority that doesn't **** with him at all.

Outside of a small group that care how white they are I don't think it's a common or even major group though. People care much more about their family name and history than their skin color or being more European.

The dudes that be hatin on him are because of two things, he's a redhead, and because he's a pretty boy.

There is no way you can hate on him because of his boxing. Dude has literally boxed everybody people wanted him to fight.

Trout
Lara
Mayweather
Cotto
and now GGG.

If their reasoning for rooting against him is because they think he ducked GGG, then they don't know **** about boxing.

Big GGG fan but I could never root against my dude Canelo. Lucky to have seen him fight in person too :pimp:

Got no cable and no friends with TV's so bout to get the sling free trial on the firestick to order the ppv

I always said that Canelo was Irish. And he was abducted by the cartel as a new born and brought back to Mexico.

Straight on some Sons of Anarchy ish :lol:

Outside of a small group that care how white they are I don't think it's a common or even major group though. People care much more about their family name and history than their skin color or being more European.
I have a Mexican friend that changed his ethnic sounding last name so it can sound more European.

I'm not sure who I'm rooting for. I like both GGG and Canelo. Prob roll with GGG

It depends. If you go to Mexico, the social classes are pretty much divided racially. A huge chunk of wealthy people in Mexico come from old money that is tied to their European ancestry. So what you get is the light-skinned people having more money, therefore are in a class above the rest of the more mixed, darker-skinned Mexican population.

So those light skinned people care deeply about their skin color and European lineage, because of what it means to their status in Mexico.

The dudes that be hatin on him are because of two things, he's a redhead, and because he's a pretty boy.

There is no way you can hate on him because of his boxing. Dude has literally boxed everybody people wanted him to fight.

Trout
Lara
Mayweather
Cotto
and now GGG.

If their reasoning for rooting against him is because they think he ducked GGG, then they don't know **** about boxing.

Also that bull**** Josesito fight. Also Trout arguably won on points but the scorecards had Canelo winning by a landslide. Also Lara arguably won on points and Canelo got that one too. Also he's big for 154 but has more than a couple blown up welterweights on his resume. I can understand why people wouldn't rock with him all the way. ****, I didn't like him for a while for all of the above reasons.

Having said all that tho, it all has more to do with Oscar and his handlers and the money/influence that's behind him, so you can't even blame him all the way. As a boxer I rock with the dude, he seems like he legit wants to fight the best, and even in the fights I thought he lost, he still fought well. And he's looked better every fight since Lara. But he's just surrounded by BS so I understand the people that might not necessarily rock with him all the way, especially the other Mexican boxers who probably feel like they're better fighters but just didn't/aren't getting the same benefits (JMM, Garcia)

So you're giving him **** for winning two close fights? You know it's ok to win close fights right? Also, what blown up welterweights has he fought that he gets credit for? None that I mentioned. The ones I mentioned were are legit at 154. Nobody gives him credit for Josesito or Khan.

I get the Oscar hate though, he's a weird dude. But I dont think he affects Canelo that much.

FTR, the only time he was made to look like trash was against Mayweather, but well, thats self explanatory.

Back
Top Bottom