Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PPV ordered for Saturday, gonna be a good night. My Mexican friends hate Canelo so it's gonna be an interesting atmosphere

Kirkland was a big puncher and even hurt Canelo early....

I remember that, Kirkland definitely had him backed in the corner covering up against the ropes. Coulda been strategy to find an opening and then counter, but I am pretty curious to see how Canelo reacts to catching a huge punch from GGG.

Do they hate him because he's a ginger?

There is a belief that a large part of his success is due to his looks and the push he got initially from Televisa. Televisa is Mexico's largest media conglomerate and has long been accused of being a propagandist for the Mexican government. So despite his humble beginnings, you could make a case that some look at him as sort of a mascot of the state, and the creation of media conglomerate that prioritizes European looks over the mestizo and indigenous looks the majority of the country possesses.

It doesn't help that he gets *****y when people ask him about the subject either due to his incredibly thin skin.

There is a belief that a large part of his success is due to his looks and the push he got initially from Televisa. Televisa is Mexico's largest media conglomerate and has long been accused of being a propagandist for the Mexican government. So despite his humble beginnings, you could make a case that some look at him as sort of a mascot of the state, and the creation of media conglomerate that prioritizes European looks over the mestizo and indigenous looks the majority of the country possesses.

It doesn't help that he gets *****y when people ask him about the subject either due to his incredibly thin skin.
I thought a lot of Mexicans strive to be more European.

The Mexican community stands behind Canelo. Chicanos or pochos are the ones that have a problem with him.

Plenty of people in Mexico have heavily criticized Canelo after vacating and putting off this fight.

I'm born and raised in Michoacan and I'm rooting for GGG on this one.

I thought a lot of Mexicans strive to be more European.

Like with any Latin American country that mindset certainty still exists (e.g. Ninjahood), but it's not universal and it's starting to die out a bit slowly.

The majority of Mexicans and Chicanos still rock with Canelita, it's just that there is a sizable minority that doesn't **** with him at all.

Back
Top Bottom