Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was he at 130 or 135 before his layoff? Either way he appears to be bigger than Mikey Garcia.

135 and he spent most of his time during his layoff getting lit down there. Even if he manages to stay clean and take his career seriously during his comeback, Mikey would still pick him to pieces.

135 and he spent most of his time during his layoff getting lit down there. Even if he manages to stay clean and take his career seriously during his comeback, Mikey would still pick him to pieces.

Agreed, should be a nice scrap. There's a good chance this fight happens, not next but down the line. Figueroa isn't going to fight the killers at 147.

Robert wasn't too happy with the way the promotion was handled.

Mikey's on that side of the street right now, but it'll be interesting to see where he ends up with Robert pushing him to sign with somebody.

OT but I have no idea how the Garcias spend that much time with Elie. I'd be wanting to throw dude out after like an hour :lol:

Elie asks dumb questions sometimes but he's not as bad that girl he hired. She would go up to fighters after they got KTFO and ask, how was your fight? :lol:

Damn they tried to do mikey dirty by giving him the short end of the stick in every scenerio possible.

Interesting conversation, we all know boxing has its grimey moments but they got mikey with the pettiest things.

Makes his victory over dip **** even more satisfying.

Wishing the best for Tevin Farmer who was shot in the hand in Philly last night before he could make it to BK for the fights.

His brother was also shot in the face.

Damn.
Was really looking forward to watching him and Davis go at it. Cats gotta realize u can't be out there like that on the streets no more.

What about Gvozdyk and Jack

Gvozdyk would be nice. If he cuts ties with his current promoter, he is likely to do the same with Haymon. He's probably going to sign to Top Rank or a promoter that is Eastern European friendly. So Jack is not as likely. He's approaching the end of his career and hasn't made jack ****, so he should go after big money fights.

Last edited:
Former unified light heavyweight world titleholder Sergey Kovalev (30-2-1, 26 KOs), who lost his three belts by controversial decision to Andre Ward in November and then got knocked out in the eighth round of the immediate rematch on June 17, will be back in action to headline an HBO card this fall. Kovalev's return is being ticketed for Nov. 25, with the Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York the likely site, sources with knowledge of the plans told ESPN on Wednesday. Discussions about the opponent Kovalev will face are in the early stages. Kovalev defended his title eight times in dominant fashion, including unifying three of the major belts, before facing Ward in a match between two of boxing's best pound-for-pound fighters.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0684488339998380350-4

Rumor is it's going to be Barrera.

Kovalev coming off a loss fighting Barrera

Like the matchup but if I was Duva and my biggest fighter just took an L, I'm not putting him in there with Barrera

Kovalev coming off a loss fighting Barrera

Like the matchup but if I was Duva and my biggest fighter just took an L, I'm not putting him in there with Barrera

Barrera is with Main Events too. But if I'm Duva, I would find ways to milk Kovalev and give him a couple softer touches first.

So the Wlad vs AJ rematch Nov 11th Vegas is off? can't believe Wlad turning down that much money

Back
Top Bottom