Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the same people looking for excuses would be looking for excuses no matter what.

Same way Kovalev was looking for excuses in the ring with punches that weren't even low.

Every time he complained and they showed the replay, it confirmed they were actually low. Where is this coming from?

It's coming from your statement not being accurate. And just solidifies my point :lol:

The last punch you can definitely see is below the belt line and thus "low" but the 2 before it I can't find an angle where you can see them.

Last edited:
Ward won the fought. He ain't try to feel out Kovalev like the last fight and this time went to work right away .:smh: at people flapping around for excuses for Kovalev

Last edited:
Your right should've taken the ten count too get his wind back, but even then I believe the referee wouldve stopped it.
Hopefully ward goes up in weight, imagine ward and joshua!? Dream fight for sure
Joshua is way to big for this man. I need a bunch of tuneup fights before that one lol

Kov was done and looking for a way out.
His reaction to the stoppage really confirmed everything. He was defeated.
Honestly if I got no purse from the fight id probably be looking for a wya out to. Sad part is this was a money fight series for kovalev since Stevenson won't fight him

Ward went to work EARLY with the body shots.

I been so needing elite fighters to do heavy body work.

Kovalev went to the body early then got away from it smh. Not what a typical pro with amateur pedigree does

^^^

I was going to mention that. It looked like he made a smart adjustment coming out and working to Ward's body early in the fight. First round, maybe 2.

But I can't remember much of that happening after that.

Last edited:
I think the same people looking for excuses would be looking for excuses no matter what.

Same way Kovalev was looking for excuses in the ring with punches that weren't even low.

Every time he complained and they showed the replay, it confirmed they were actually low. Where is this coming from?

It's coming from your statement not being accurate. And just solidifies my point :lol:

Pretty much :lol:

:45 seconds left in the 2nd round looked like beltline, the replay between rounds showed it landing right on the beltline, and Tony weeks gave Kovalev time to recover regardless of the fact that it was a beltline shot

:51 seconds left in the 7th wasn't a nut shot, but it was low on the beltline, replay confirms it

1:48 left in the 8th you can clearly see those shots are on the beltline, Kovalev doubles over and tries to get a low blow call but in reality he's just hurt to the body (the one illphillip just posted, for reference )

:35 left in the 8th, the very last punch that lands you can see is definitely a low blow (the one bobby posted, )

This whole bs narrative that Ward was throwing low blows ALL fight takes away from the fact that he was clearly going to the body heavy the whole time. Out of all the supposed "low blows" I only count 1 clear low blow, and it happened after Ward already rocked Kovalev and had him almost ready to go.

Like I said before, I wish they would've called that last one low and even took a point if need be, but at the end of the day Kovalev looking like he was on the way to getting stopped had way more to do with Ward's completely legal body shots and him sitting down on a couple good head shots than these supposed low blows that weren't really low

Also the fact that Kovalev claimed in the post fight press conference that he was never hurt even though Ward's right hand in the 8th had him stumbling all over the ring is laughable, but whatever.

Outside of the last second controversy tho, it was still an interesting fight

I don't wanna hear no excuses. I'm not even a fan of ward but he got in there and won the fight period. I didn't see kovalev contesting the stoppage AT ALL. Take your L like man.

pimp.gif

Pretty much :lol:

:45 seconds left in the 2nd round looked like beltline, the replay between rounds showed it landing right on the beltline, and Tony weeks gave Kovalev time to recover regardless of the fact that it was a beltline shot

:51 seconds left in the 7th wasn't a nut shot, but it was low on the beltline, replay confirms it

1:48 left in the 8th you can clearly see those shots are on the beltline, Kovalev doubles over and tries to get a low blow call but in reality he's just hurt to the body (the one illphillip just posted, for reference )

:35 left in the 8th, the very last punch that lands you can see is definitely a low blow (the one bobby posted, )

This whole bs narrative that Ward was throwing low blows ALL fight takes away from the fact that he was clearly going to the body heavy the whole time. Out of all the supposed "low blows" I only count 1 clear low blow, and it happened after Ward already rocked Kovalev and had him almost ready to go.

Like I said before, I wish they would've called that last one low and even took a point if need be, but at the end of the day Kovalev looking like he was on the way to getting stopped had way more to do with Ward's completely legal body shots and him sitting down on a couple good head shots than these supposed low blows that weren't really low

Also the fact that Kovalev claimed in the post fight press conference that he was never hurt even though Ward's right hand in the 8th had him stumbling all over the ring is laughable, but whatever.

Outside of the last second controversy tho, it was still an interesting fight

There's a reason before the fight the ref says anything lower than a certain point at the belt is no good. Even if it's not a blatant nut shot, it lifts the protector up and hurts real bad. All the ones Kovalev complained about were low. Period.

I'm not saying it takes away from Wards performance or that he did it on purpose. But the ref has to warn him and give Kov time to recover. He was still clearly effected when he got rocked by the straight right.

I bet the convo here is way different if Salido or Broner or Danny García got away with this stuff.

anybody else feel that John David Jackson doesn't really care about Kovalev? lol... his recent interviews are neutral or even pro ward hahaha. Probably has a lot do with the Kovalev being racist thing... they need to part ways IMO... can't have a trainer who isn't 100 percent all in for you.

Yall think Kov is done after this? Where does he go from here

He can still bounce back and have a HOF worthy career, it's just a loss that's all.

It's not like Ward completely washed him either. The fight was close before Ward hurt him.

Kov needs to do something about his conditioning though. Other guys are going to try to exploit that.

There's a reason before the fight the ref says anything lower than a certain point at the belt is no good. Even if it's not a blatant nut shot, it lifts the protector up and hurts real bad. All the ones Kovalev complained about were low. Period.

I'm not saying it takes away from Wards performance or that he did it on purpose. But the ref has to warn him and give Kov time to recover. He was still clearly effected when he got rocked by the straight right.

If you're calling the first punch in THIS clip low then we're just gonna agree to disagree. That's the shot before the right hand btw.

The last punch thrown in the fight by Ward is clearly low but the one before the right hand? Nah

I bet the convo here is way different if Salido or Broner or Danny García got away with this stuff.

You're right, it is way different, nobody gives a **** when it's those other guys

Danny had alot of body shots that fit your definition of low against Matthyse. ALOT. And I don't remember seeing people going crazy about it in here. Siri missed weight, gave up his title on the scale, and fought dirty the whole fight against Lomanchenko including ALOT of low blows and nobody gave a **** about that either. Just imagine if Ward had done that bulls***. Ward got way more hate for this fight than those dudes.

eeh Siri got a lot of **** for the Loma fight, and almost no one legitimately thought he won.

It's why we're getting the meaningless rematch.

eeh Siri got a lot of **** for the Loma fight, and almost no one legitimately thought he won.

In the media it got talked about. In the boxing thread on here? Nobody was really trippin. You know that if Ward did the same thing it would be a whole different thing in this thread

And Siri likely gets beat in the rematch but I don't mind seeing it. Unless Lomanchenko moves up for Mikey or somehow can do a catchweight with Rigo he doesn't have a ton of interesting fights where he's at.

Last edited:
Ward was ducking to his right so much we were screaming for Kovalev to throw a left hook. He never did.
Speaking off left hooks, Ward's is very potent. Wow. I definitely didn't see him letting that fly in the past like that .

I could go for a 3rd fight between these two. IDC

In the media it got talked about. In the boxing thread on here? Nobody was really trippin. You know that if Ward did the same thing it would be a whole different thing in this thread

And Siri likely gets beat in the rematch but I don't mind seeing it. Unless Lomanchenko moves up for Mikey or somehow can do a catchweight with Rigo he doesn't have a ton of interesting fights where he's at.
Loma wasn't really know on here for people to trippin like that back then. 

Corrales, Linares, Tank, Berchelt, and Easter Jr would all be better fights at 130/135 for Loma than Salido. 

Loma's going to blank him for 8-9 RD's and then probably KO him.  There's better fights for both guys out there entertainment wise. 

Back
Top Bottom