Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Though i dont agree with the stoppage, it was inevitable. Krusher was fatigued as hell and andre smelled blood.

Congrats to andre and he did his thing tonight, but im still not a fan of his style.

There are no standing 8 counts in unified fights. But still, the stoppage was still really premature. Kov definitely could've continued at the time of the stoppage, just let Ward put him down if anything but just don't stop the fight like that. Also, looking at the replays it looked like half of Ward's shot were low blows. Regardless he earned that win in that final round especially with that headshot that had Kov reeling.

Last edited:
1 He cried about "low blows" too many times and a few times they weren't even close. He cried wolf too many times and it ****** him.

2 Then he was against the ropes dazed for 20 seconds. He was winded and he didn't do ****. Just leaned over and gave up.

Huh? Every time he complained the HBO team was acting like it was a clean body shot but when they showed the replay, they were all clearly low. It's not crying wolf if you're right every time.

But kovalev said they didn't hurt

I think the stoppage was premature, but it wasn't the worse call. Kovalev did not fight back, did not protect himself, and did not take a knee. When you do not respond in any way and the opponent is attacking relentlessly, then the ref has a valid reason to stop the fight.

Ward is so mentally tough and smart. He just knows how to break you done.
Sergey on the other hand is the complete opposite imo.
His punches were affecting Ward and you could see the frustration.
Sergey kept turning his back and looking at the ref. Son was looking for a way out.
Great showing from Ward.

weeks is not a good ref... wouldve been better with bayless... weeks lets everything slide though pause... regardless kovalav quit and the dumb thing is he was probably up on the scorecards until that knockout... not interested in a 3rd fight... but imo right now ward is p4p #1 and its not even close... he took floyds spot and he deserves it...im tired of people saying he hasnt fought in a minute and hasnt fought elite competition and got gifted a win in the first kovalav fight... now this is more definitive win so no more excuses why he aint the best right now

Ward can crack, I've been saying for a while now he just doesn't sit on his punches unless the it's the perfect opportunity.

Like I have been saying.. Dre is the best now that Money retired. No wonder GGG did not want the fight. Now, even more haha!!

Meh, a lot of low blows and more controversy. Not what you want to see out of championship fight. Can't say this is the first time I've seen Weeks miss a call though.

Glad Kovalev got his ish handed to him. Will all the crap he was talking about Ward. After the fight he still a tool with the excuses. FOH with your crying. Dude is soft like charmin.

yes yes that is what I was trying to say. I was trying say no1 is dumb enough to believe Virgil and that it's just a lame attempt at playing mind games...
but I wish for an entertaining close fight.

Ummm yah , did not expect that at all!

Did you watch the post fight interview?

Idk what to say if you really think he was trying to say the low blows didn't hurt. He's getting hit in the balls dude, of course it's gonna hurt. He was talking about the actual body punches and the straight right to the jaw.

Just rewatched the fight. Even though I had Kovalev winning the first couple rounds, he looked flat and dejected from the get go. The rumors and issues with him and his team and Ward's mind games probably got the best of him.

By the 2nd clear lowblow, Kovalev should've known that Weeks wasn't on his side. I don't recommend dirty fighting in general but he should've definitely returned a couple of low blows.

Last edited:
Ward with the groin attack with full intent to incapacitate a human being. Talk about a Krushing Blow!!

Last edited:
Just rewatched the fight. Even though I had Kovalev winning the first couple rounds, he looked flat and dejected from the get go. The rumors and issues with him and his team and Ward's mind games probably got the best of him.

I agree. Like I said earlier, Sergey is no match for Ward mentally.
His punches weren't affecting Ward like the 1st fight and you could see how that got to Sergey.
i think that's why people were saying he quit.
Congrats on the win btw. :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom