Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Might be time for ward to retire

:lol:

Jones explained it. There is a big difference between a "low blow" that is below the belt line but at the top of the protector and a clear nut shot.

But the excuses will continue to fly.

Another great fight from 2 great fighters. :smokin

Last edited:
:lol: at thinking the Russian Kov was gonna take a knee. Dude would die in the ring before taking a knee in a fight like this

You type that with Ward sitting on your face?

Kovalev fought dirty too, throwing rabbit punches in the clench. Ward throwing low blows left and right with the ref not caring.
I guess kov is sitting in your face right now with another L kn the record. Buddy was throwing rabid punches all night. Ward figured him out by the ,4th round. A shot to the belt line where the protector is not a low blow.

Kov was gassed by the 6th and began trying to headlock ward. But of course you missed that part.the belt line shots didn't do him in. It was the fact he took a shot from ward where he sat down.experience as an under dog is what did kov in he wasnt prepared mentally for a war bc he has never had to go to war

How do you not give him a 8 count wtf. Weeks blew a couple of non low blow calls too
A standing 8 count after he complained after every shot? And the fact they clearly say there is no standing 8 count.

Guys out here looking for refs to save em smh

Yea he looked too fragile on the ropes gotta take that knee. Son didn't want to fight anymore.
Exactly he quit. His best shots in round 7 and 8 had no power on em. Kov can not fight on the move. To bad Adonis doesn't have the goods to expose him
Are standing 8s even allowed anymore?

If Kov was laying on the ropes there could have been some justification that it held him up from a knockdown but he was just bent over taking shots.

Dude bent over and was done. He even turned his back to ward at one point.

Disappointed in kov performance tonight. And his management it is a sham he got no purse tonight smh

weeks is not a good ref... wouldve been better with bayless... weeks lets everything slide though pause... regardless kovalav quit and the dumb thing is he was probably up on the scorecards until that knockout... not interested in a 3rd fight... but imo right now ward is p4p #1 and its not even close... he took floyds spot and he deserves it...im tired of people saying he hasnt fought in a minute and hasnt fought elite competition and got gifted a win in the first kovalav fight... now this is more definitive win so no more excuses why he aint the best right now
I think weeks did fine. There would have been no difference with bayless. Weeks didn't let them work out of the clinch he was there to break it up.

One thing people have not said anything about is wards strength vs the first fight.

Last fight ward could not move kov in the clench in rounds 1-6 this fight was a different story. I doubt we see ward go back down in weight again

Sad to see so many excuses about low blows and caping for a man that quit. The belt line and protector are there for a reason. Holding a mans head down as he throws a body shot is not illegal. And if the shots were that bad why did we not see him Protestant the end? I'll wait for an answer on that lol

Lastly Kathy duva is a snake she is terrible to get kov this deal

Last edited:
That right that Ward hit him with pretty much ended the fight.
Sergey was done after that.

I do think the stoppage was a little early but Sergey could have died at that point so I'm ok with it.
I thought Weeks did a great job controlling the fight for the most part.

Last edited:
Yea. I'm not sure all 3 of those last shots were low. Can't tell from that angle. Kov's right arm drops to protect with each shot and the last one was definitely below the belt line to get under the arm. But I can't see if the 2 before it were.

Like I said, wasn't a nut shot and he was complaining about shots being "low" even when they weren't. And throwing rabbit punches. So it goes both ways.

But the straight right was the game changer.

Weeks definitely could have let it go longer. Won't deny that either. But I'm not sure it would have changed anything.

But the excuses are laughable given what was actually happening in the ring.

Last edited:
We have all seen how a boxer reacts when they think the ref has stopped the fight too early.

Kovalev didn't seem that upset with the stoppage until he was being interviewed by Max.

Just watched the fight...Ward with the 3 left landed low blow combo to win the fight :x :smh:

He was gon win regardless tho

He sat on the ropes. That's a knockdown. Ref should've started counting, not declare a winner.
The fight would have eventually had the same winner Imo (kov was pretty hurt that round) but let the fight take it's natural course. Give the fans AND the fighters a controversy free final.

Yeah I wish Weeks would've given him a count. I saw a different angle on the last punch tho and it's definitely low. However, Kovalev was bull****ting earlier with trying to act like those belt line shots were low, so that likely played into the stoppage

I think everybody saw where this fight was headed anyway, but that final low blow mixed with the stoppage wasn't the ideal ending

I woulda rather seen Weeks call it low and even take a point from Ward, because I think Kovalev was gonna get his *** beat from that point on regardless, he was tired and stumbling all over the ring, the L was gonna happen. Would've been much nicer to see him get definitively beat with no room for excuses. Ah well

I think the same people looking for excuses would be looking for excuses no matter what.

Same way Kovalev was looking for excuses in the ring with punches that weren't even low.

I think the same people looking for excuses would be looking for excuses no matter what.

Same way Kovalev was looking for excuses in the ring with punches that weren't even low.

Kov was done and looking for a way out.
His reaction to the stoppage really confirmed everything. He was defeated.

Every time he complained and they showed the replay, it confirmed they were actually low. Where is this coming from?

Back
Top Bottom