Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope. The footage is on the last page.
They were low man. Clear as day. I just watched the SKY replay. No one really to blame except Tony Weeks. He had him obviously hurt with the right then finished him off with 3 missed low blows. Not even borderline either. Like right on the cup.

I was rooting for Ward btw and I'm glad he got the W, but those were low.

I would recommend you see an optometrist.

In the meantime you can listen to the commentary as well.

And I still have not seen any footage that proves that anything but the last punch was "low" at the end so feel free to post whatever you've seen.

I think people are just taking that last punch and running with it. Until I see actual evidence.

Last edited:
I would recommend you see an optometrist.
Lame response. I watched the SKY airing. You can find it easily.

I just don't think you know what a low blow is. Every single one of those shots landed below the waist line.

If you don't think this is low then nothing more to discuss

Last edited:
You can also post it easily. Or keep it moving cool guy.

The footage and commentary are clear as day.

EDIT - I already said that was a low blow genius so you apparently don't even know what we're talking about.

Last edited:
You can also post it easily. Or keep it moving cool guy.
Why are you taking it so personal though?
laugh.gif

Like you can't have a discussion without throwing little shots?

I have a low tolerance for foolishness. Read above.

Or I was just very upset that you didn't like my joke.

Last edited:
It's not foolishness. I watched the fight. The refs missed the low blows in my opinion. Sounds like a lot of people agree with me. Agree to disagree. Grabs yourself a nap. You're clearly cranky,

Now I know who to hire to write my jokes since they're so lame and yours are so creative.

Go back a few pages and read and look at everything we're talking about. The last shot isn't even in question. I said that in the same post you quoted.

Educate yourself before you jump into a conversation.

Last edited:
That selective quoting :lol:

I said go back and read the last few pages. For a reason.

The assertion was that every low shot Kovalev complained about was legit low. I NEVER disagreed with the final (shot) being low. The words are there clear as day on the page.

And as BlackCease so eloquently explained to everyone....

:45 seconds left in the 2nd round looked like beltline, the replay between rounds showed it landing right on the beltline, and Tony weeks gave Kovalev time to recover regardless of the fact that it was a beltline shot

1:48 left in the 8th you can clearly see those shots are on the beltline, Kovalev doubles over and tries to get a low blow call but in reality he's just hurt to the body (the one illphillip just posted, for reference )

And as I've stated repeatedly, the last one was low but I have yet to see an angle where I can see if the 2 before it were for sure.

Last edited:
getback getback We've already discussed that the last punch was low.
The previous 2 are still in question but I haven't seen footage to prove otherwise.
I watched the fight as well and they looked like they were on the belt line.
Sergey has no one to blame but himself. He cried wolf too many times during the fight.
He was looking for a way out. Roy Jones put it perfectly.

Last edited:
Loma wasn't really know on here for people to trippin like that back then. 

Corrales, Linares, Tank, Berchelt, and Easter Jr would all be better fights at 130/135 for Loma than Salido. 

Loma's going to blank him for 8-9 RD's and then probably KO him.  There's better fights for both guys out there entertainment wise. 

Haymon ain't putting Tank in with Lomachenko this early. If Lomachenko officially moves up to 135 then yeah, Easter or Linares would be cool. I wonder if his team would put him in with Easter right now though, he's huge for the weight class and I saw his manager talking about how a Crawford fight would be "suicide" because of the size difference. Corrales fight would be cool. Berchelt is strong but he's young and pretty straightforward. I don't see him doing much better than Walters did. We'll see what happens after the Miura fight though.

Regardless I'm still cool with the rematch just for the revenge aspect and for the fact that more than likely nobody at 130 can outbox Lomachenko, so let's see if Salido's pressure and rough tactics can bother him again. Salido probably isn't the same dude from the first fight tho so you may be right and he'll get run through, but I'm curious enough that I'll watch regardless.

Ward was ducking to his right so much we were screaming for Kovalev to throw a left hook. He never did.
Speaking off left hooks, Ward's is very potent. Wow. I definitely didn't see him letting that fly in the past like that .

I could go for a 3rd fight between these two. IDC

Kovalev throws his hook incorrectly and has very little power behind it. Ward figured out from the first fight and knew all he had to do was focus on avoiding the jab and straight right.

Good interview by roy jones. After watching the fight again i agree with most people in here.

First two were borderline...last one was low...weeks should have gave him a 10 count and deducted a point...but i think ward wins regardless. Even if it went the distance he was gaining control of the fight. Everything i saw had the cards very close at the time of the stoppage. I think ward with the knockdown as it should have been judged would have edged on points if it went the distance

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp...judges-card-favored-1497757945-htmlstory.html

good call... i was more disappointed in the ending of the rigo fight compared to the ward fight... you can argue if it was below the belt or a low blow in general for ward but hard to really tell with those angles... the rigo punch after the bell was more obvious

Back
Top Bottom