Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:rofl:

Billy Ho is on borrowed time.....and he knows it.

AB press conferences will never not be entertaining. :lol:

Last edited:
Watched Counterpunch last night. Pretty good.

But crazy that Quillin has not fought since the Jacobs loss.

Anybody try for GGG-Canelo Golden Boy presale tickets? That system was a joke, lol. Prices ranged from $700-$5,000, as the $300 & $500 seats never even gave a section choice option.

Was trying for 6-8 so I could've resold some to help pay for my trip out there, but I was never even able to add any to my cart.

Edit: Was able to cart two $2000 tickets eventually, but released them, then carted four $800 tickets, but decided I didn't want to run the risk of not being able to get $3k+ for the two extra to make the trip worth it.

Probably really dumb on my part, but I just didn't want to take the chance. Plus, knowing Oscar (and my luck), the fight will get rescheduled and I'd have a zillion issues trying to offload or get a refund.

Late edit: only $1500 & $2000 tix left

Last edited:
Anybody try for GGG-Canelo Golden Boy presale tickets? That system was a joke, lol. Prices ranged from $700-$5,000, as the $300 & $500 seats never even gave a section choice option.

Was trying for 6-8 so I could've resold some to help pay for my trip out there, but I was never even able to add any to my cart.

Edit: Was able to cart two $2000 tickets eventually, but released them, then carted four $800 tickets, but decided I didn't want to run the risk of not being able to get $3k+ for the two extra to make the trip worth it.

Probably really dumb on my part, but I just didn't want to take the chance. Plus, knowing Oscar (and my luck), the fight will get rescheduled and I'd have a zillion issues trying to offload or get a refund.

Late edit: only $1500 & $2000 tix left

Damn, I would've went half with you on those 4 tickets. I meant to hit you up in our chat :smh:

Interesting that the GGG-Canelo tickets were only offered via will-call or e-ticket, and both only within 72 hrs of the day of the fight. I suppose that kinda curbs resale, but I dunno. I don't go to many sporting events or concerts live, so I don't know if this is a new thing or has been around for a while.

Damn, I would've went half with you on those 4 tickets. I meant to hit you up in our chat
mean.gif
Sorry man - I don't even know if I would've pulled the trigger on 2 tix for myself at $800 a pop. They were also taxing MAJOR on "convenience fees" I think $3200 in tix had like $350 in total fees tacked on, if I remember correctly. May have even been more.

I'm not #TeamBrokeBoi, but I ain't #TeamRichKid, either. And considering I would've had to square up for flight & hotel, plus incidentals, at $800/ticket this trip would've cost me well over $3k total, so that's kinda what I was hoping to have been able to pull by selling the extra tickets. I was really hoping the prices would've been $350-500 for those upper seats, as that would've made it easier for me to pull the trigger, but I've got more important things to blow $3k on 
ohwell.gif

Just Steve Again‏ @steveucnlive  5h5 hours ago
 OK, Daniel Franco, according to his father, is out of the intensive care unit and has been moved into a regular room. #boxing

Put $2500 on ginger and you'll get your money back and then some
It's not a bad bet, GGG's going to need to stop him or score multiple KDs to come out of there with a W. 

I can't see Canelita surviving that fight tho, and I'm sure DLH is going to instruct the Reynosos to stop it if Canelita starts taking a beating. 

Last edited:
ESPN is investing their own money in this TR/ESPN deal.  It's not simply a time buy, which means ESPN is going to have some creative control over the fights. 

I'm leaving towards canelo. That last GGG fight exposed his ability to handle elusive opponents. And I think canelo can take his shot

I may have to put some money down on this clown Broner for the fight. something aint right about those odds

Dude gonna come out and actually win on some random **** :lol: :smh:

I may have to put some money down on this clown Broner for the fight. something aint right about those odds

Dude gonna come out and actually win on some random **** :lol: :smh:

Yeah at times I write him off but even in his losses he has flashes. People forget he was coming back on Maidana in those mid rounds before he got knocked down again late, even buzzed Maidana pretty good at the end of one of those mid rounds. And he looked horrible in the Porter fight but then managed to drop him in the 12th, something that Thurman and Brook couldn't even do.

I still won't put money on him but I wouldn't be completely shocked if he made it interesting.

Jacobs height and weight advantage along with his athleticism made GGG look as mediocre as he did. Canelo does not possess those attributes. He's flat footed and short compared to GGG. Up until now, he's fought 154 lbers. Canelo could have some advantages over GGG, namely his boxing skills. However, he clearly he will not be able to replicate Jacob's performance.

Last edited:
I just wanna see Mall Charlo drop somebody

You know what...this morning, I was just thinking about how sick Eubank Jr vs Jermall Charlo would be. Two heels going at one another. Too bad Eubank Jr moved up to 168, but it should still be feasible sometime down the road.

Last edited:
You know what...this morning, I was just thinking about how sick Eubank Jr vs Jermall Charlo would be. Two heels going at one another. Too bad Eubank Jr moved up to 168, but it should still be feasible sometime down the road.
Mall is as an animal man he gets the winner of Canelo/GGG

Mall is as an animal man he gets the winner of Canelo/GGG

I agree he needs to jump right to the top of the division, but in the meantime stay busy with someone decent. Maybe an Andy Lee or Hassan N'dam.

Back
Top Bottom