Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 BoxingScene.com‏ @boxingscene  2h2 hours ago
 Davis vs. Salido Being Eyed For Mayweather-McGregor PPV? http://dlvr.it/PPRDxB  #boxing
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I think Garcia is a technically sound fighter and I don't think Broner has the boxing IQ to get Garcia off his game.

Chris Mannix‏Verified account @ChrisMannixYS  Jun 23
 Early indications on Kovalev-Ward II PPV numbers: Low. Looking like 130K range, industry sources tell Y! First fight generated 160K buys.

I'm not so sure lomo could beat Rigo.

Broner doesn't work enough to beat any good fighter. Jab, hold, 1,2, catch breath. Get hit. Check hook. Hold... repeat rinse wash.

The World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight tournament, already loaded, will be even stronger as two more top fighters are poised to be announced as being part of the eight-man field. Former cruiserweight titlist Krzysztof Glowacki (27-1, 17 KOs), who stopped Hizni Altunkaya on Saturday in Poland, has already signed for the tournament, a source with knowledge of the deal told ESPN on Monday. Also, the source said that although the deal is not yet finalized it "looks pretty good" that titleholder Oleksandr Usyk (12-0, 10 KOs) will also join the field. The cruiserweight field already boasts world titleholders Murat Gassiev (24-0, 17 KOs), Mairis Briedis (22-0, 18 KOs) and Yunier Dorticos (21-0, 2 KOs) as well as former titleholder Krzysztof Wlodarczyk (53-3-1, 37 KOs). The super middleweight tournament field only has titlist George Groves (26-3, 19 KOs) and needs to be filled out. The draw for each single-elimination tournament, due to begin this fall, will take place on July 8 in Monte Carlo with the top four seeds (which are to be determined) in each field selecting their quarterfinal opponent from the remaining unseeded fighters.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0671058819463256342-4

Kov's getting rid of JDJ and wants to move up to cruiser. 

He floated out working with Hunter, but Roach or going back to Abel would be his best bets.  Hunter is what many accused Roach of being for years, there isn't a single guy who has gotten better after joining that camp. 

He floated out working with Hunter, but Roach or going back to Abel would be his best bets.  Hunter is what many accused Roach of being for years, there isn't a single guy who has gotten better after joining that camp. 

Hunter as in Virgil Hunter?

Anyway there's plenty left at Light heavyweight. But I do suspect that Kovalev isn't the same fighter mentally anymore.

Last edited:

Hunter as in Virgil Hunter?

Anyway there's plenty left at Light heavyweight. But I do suspect that Kovalev isn't the same fighter mentally anymore.
Yea

I'd like to see him fight Beterbiev first before moving up considering those two have beef going back to the amateurs, and there's the whole Russian-Chechen thing going on there too.

Some of these CWs walk around at like 215-220.  Gassiev walks around at 230 IIRC.  It's too big of a step up physically for him, and that goes for Ward too. 

Beterbiev looks to be struggling to make weight too. So he will probably move up to Cruiserweight soon. In a perfect world, we will get to see Alvarez, Jack, Smith Jr., Beterbiev, Stevenson, Ward, and Kovalev mix it up. But they are finding the most elaborate ways to avoid one another.

Beterbiev looks to be struggling to make weight too. So he will probably move up to Cruiserweight soon. In a perfect world, we will get to see Alvarez, Jack, Smith Jr., Beterbiev, Stevenson, Ward, and Kovalev mix it up. But they are finding the most elaborate ways to avoid one another.

I didn't realize he is 30 years old. I thought he was younger and grouped him with Marcus Browne and Bivol as the next era of LHW.

Last edited:

Looks like Ward is moving to cruiser too. 

It's kind of nice seeing cruiser become a legitimate division rather than this graveyard of washed up LHW's and HW prospects. 

Back
Top Bottom