Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's not going to be a GGG-Canelita face off. Instead it's going to be between Abel and Eddie Reynoso.

JB's going to be dropping some GGG stuff around the fight. They're releasing two tees, a hoodie, and a hat.

Why the hell wouldn't there be a face off? Especially when they got that circus act a few weeks before.

Dont nobody give a dam what abel and chepo got to say or what flea market shirts they got :lol:

Is thete at least a 24/7??

Last edited:

So I guess we aren't going to see Ward and Stevenson unify.
Probably was never going to happen anyways with the Hov-Haymon beef at play, and Stevenson being Stevenson. 
Wasn't there rumor that Ward is leaving or his contract is ending soon?
I think it's a combination of both. 

I think there is a debate within RN right now if they want to continue in the bushiness, and if they do, if whether Ward is worth the money their paying him considering the rematch just did worse PPV wise then the first fight did in a pretty much dead sports climate. 

The rumor is that Bob wants him, but I'm not sure if he's willing to buy Ward out of his contract or not. 
Why the hell wouldn't there be a face off? Especially when they got that circus act a few weeks before.

Dont nobody give a dam what abel and chepo got to say or what flea market shirts they got
laugh.gif

Is thete at least a 24/7??
HBO passed on it.  Figured it would be too hard considering the language barrier both have. 

I still would have watched it with an interpreter tho. 

Lomachenko will defend his 130-pound belt against hard-charging former featherweight world title challenger Miguel Marriaga on Aug. 5 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.

Two weeks later, on Aug. 19, Crawford will face fellow two-belt world titleholder Julius Indongo at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Nebraska, a short drive from Crawford's hometown of Omaha. Crawford-Indongo will be only the fourth fight in the four-belt era in which all four major titles will be on the line in the same fight; the winner will walk away as the undefeated, undisputed No. 1 fighter at 140 pounds.

Both fights, along with undercard action, will be televised live on ESPN and ESPN Deportes and stream live on the ESPN app beginning at 10 p.m. ET.
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ence-crawford-headline-live-espn-cards-august

I like the Marriaga-Loma fight.

Loma should win comfortably and Marriaga is coming up in weight, but dude is one of the more underrated fighters in the game ATM.  Should be a solid fight. 

Probably means Salido is fighting Tank which is 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
HBO definitely dropped the ball not having a Face Off between Triple G and Canelo. I'm disappointed in HBO.

Today is the 20th anniversary of Tyson/Holyfield II, "The Bite Fight".

Wow I feel so old. I was a young in watching this with my parents and their friends. The build up was insane, could not have been more disappointed or just plain confused at the outcome lol.

Last edited:
Easter Jr. vs. Denis Shafikov is on Bounce TV tonight for you dudes that have it.  Should be a solid fight, and J Rock is making his return on the card as well. 

Glad the Crawford vs Indongo fight is happening
Is indongos ibf title going to be on the line? I read earlier that they were going to strip him if he fought bud and not his mandatory regardless if its a unification.
Fat Dan wrote that the IBF granted Indongo an exception. 

I hope for Lipinets sake he at least got a step aside fee. 

Last edited:
Easter Jr. vs. Denis Shafikov is on Bounce TV tonight for you dudes that have it.  Should be a solid fight, and J Rock is making his return on the card as well. 

If AB loses to Mikey Garcia then Easter should fight Garcia next to avenge his loss, assuming he wins tonight.

Last edited:
Wouldn't have mattered anyways but Tyson Fury is probably somewhere tight as hell considering dude got stripped but Indongo and Joshua both got exceptions 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom