Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea he looked too fragile on the ropes gotta take that knee. Son didn't want to fight anymore.

Kov should've took a knee all on him especially with what happened earlier where ward looked at weeks
Your right should've taken the ten count too get his wind back, but even then I believe the referee wouldve stopped it.
Hopefully ward goes up in weight, imagine ward and joshua!? Dream fight for sure

No horse in this race, but wow that was low. And three consecutive low blows at that.

Not interested in a third fight. Kovalev just making Ward a rich man.

He didn't quit but he was gassed and hurt. Weeks really didn't really have a choice with him not defending himself which is why he should have taken a knee.

1 He cried about "low blows" too many times and a few times they weren't even close. He cried wolf too many times and it ****** him.

2 Then he was against the ropes dazed for 20 seconds. He was winded and he didn't do ****. Just leaned over and gave up.

while i think the fight should of went on it got stopped cuz of kovalav overreacting after every body punch... sometimes crying wolf will catch up to you :lol:

Yup. All that bending over combined with him catching that big right hand and just looking tired as hell, he set himself up. Kovalev shoulda took a knee instead of eating those body shots and trying to convince the ref to call the low blow

Ward did his thing though, unfortunately because of the outcome I bet folks are still gonna continue to hate on the guy

Went up a weight class and stopped one of the "scariest" punchers in the sport, gotta give that man his credit

Last edited:
Kovalev came out LESS aggressive than the first fight and still gassed...

Don't agree with the stoppage but he was clearly hurt, and I had Ward up 3 rounds at the time of stoppage.

Kovalev needs a new team.

Well, another great night with the #NTBoxing fam. Looks like we're heading into the dog days for the next few weeks, but maybe some of these rando minor cards on CBS Sports Network or FS1 will be decent.

Y'all behave yourselves in the meantime!

Watching it live you didn't see the low blows but in slow-mo u do see it...bad stoppage thou, it didn't make sense...home country cooking..lol..

Stoppage was so whack. I would have been pissed if I paid for that fight.

Do you guys want to see them fight for a third time?

If Kovalev beats Stevenson and gets that belt yea, if not nah.

Maybe two to three years down the road maybe, but I'm kind of wondering how Kov is going to rebound mentally after this and if he'll ever be the same guy.

Weeks should not have stopped the fight. 

Weeks should've given Kovalev an 8 count because Kovalev could've kept fighting. But either way, Ward would've finished him but let the fighters decide their fate.

Kovalev with all that crying should've taken matters into his own hands and gave Ward a low blow himself.

Ward broke Kovalev down, bottom line.

Are standing 8s even allowed anymore?

If Kov was laying on the ropes there could have been some justification that it held him up from a knockdown but he was just bent over taking shots.

1 He cried about "low blows" too many times and a few times they weren't even close. He cried wolf too many times and it ****** him.

2 Then he was against the ropes dazed for 20 seconds. He was winded and he didn't do ****. Just leaned over and gave up.

Huh? Every time he complained the HBO team was acting like it was a clean body shot but when they showed the replay, they were all clearly low. It's not crying wolf if you're right every time.

Back
Top Bottom