Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I mean what do you expect from Hornacek? This team has a major logjam at center. You cant give him, Enes, and KOQ all significant minutes without giving any of them enough time to catch a groove, and thats without even playing Porzingis at all at center.

Kanter is simply a better version of Willy (Yall can deny it all you want because Willy showed some promising signs in a lost rookie season but fact is Kanter has been in the league longer, was a higher draft pick, and has played a major role on competitive playoff teams all while being around the same age as Willy. He also might be the best low post scorer in the game right now quite honestly.), and KOQ has been BALLING, plus he provides something different.

I've said it mad times in here. This is a front office issue not a Hornacek issue. Hornacek is coaching this team the way he should be right now. The Melo trade devalued Willy the second it was made. He's the oddman out right now, and in all honesty he should be. Knicks wouldnt be doing as good these past 3 games with Willy replacing either Kanter or KOQ. I still think the Knicks should look to deal him for a need and/or pick while his value is high around the league. My main set back to that thought has more to do with KP than Willy honestly but the Knicks really gotta do something about this center situation.

But that's enough debby downer for tonight. KP/ 3 games :pimp:
You seem cool man and I’m sure you always speaking sense and the truth but damn son why you typing so much? :lol:

KP shut up my early doubts about him taking that next step. 3rd in the league in PPG and a career high 38 with clutch baskets to boot. I know it's early but I like the improvement

We have too many big men quite honestly. And they can all play but they don't all suit the direction the league is currently going in and we can use a real improvement in the perimeter category.

If anything, Willy should be playing as a second unit killer, Kanter style. You get rid of Kanter or Kyle first due to age and contract.

KP shut up my early doubts about him taking that next step. 3rd in the league in PPG and a career high 38 with clutch baskets to boot. I know it's early but I like the improvement
He still hasn't faced a top 10 defender in a situation where he gets no calls all game.

I need to see him ride above adversity.

Right now he's just reminding a bit of Dirk coming in to his own with that first big 3.

This team is actually fun to watch. One thing I didn't think was going to happen this season.

Thing is with this team, There will be times we will get blown out but they'll also be games like last night.

Got to take the rough with the smooth.

Kanter compliments KP well, but lets simmer down on the "best low post scorer in the league" comments. I still think he can be a major black hole on offense and we'll see that once the losses start coming again. Great rebounder though, cant take that away.

Unless he's packaged with Noah, I'm keeping Willy at all costs. You're simply not going to get equal value in return.
The low post scorer is a lost art in the NBA, and I have been probably one of the biggest advocates in here since basically the day we drafted KP of getting rid of all these low post guys and playing KP as a more modern stretch 5, but having said that I truly do not think that there is a big man in the game today that is a better low post scorer than Enes Kanter. When he gets his position in the paint he is virtually unstoppable. However, like I said that kind of skillset doesnt mean nearly as much as it used to and in no way means that I am some sort of Kanter advocate/homer because in all honesty I don't love low post centers who need the ball to be effective and play no defense (the OGs will remember my feelings towards Eddy Curry :lol:), but you can't take away how good he is in the paint.

If anything, Willy should be playing as a second unit killer, Kanter style. You get rid of Kanter or Kyle first due to age and contract.
I disagree personally. I think that most Knicks fans (and the front office it seems) WAY overvalue Willy and that was true even before the Kanter deal. I get rid of him first because A) his trade value gives us the best chance to get a draft pick and/or a young player who fills a specific need for us compared to the other 2 and B) Kanter isnt getting dealt so easily because of his contract and as long as he is here, Willy is essentially wasted goods like he is now while KOQ provides something different and is great as a banger coming off the bench.

You seem cool man and I’m sure you always speaking sense and the truth but damn son why you typing so much? :lol:
You new here? :rofl:

Knicks lose "tank is rolling" Knicks win "should be able to get a 6th seed" :rofl: :rofl: bi-polar indeed :lol:

A lot of Knicks fan are fickle me included. I thought KP was a garbage draft pick but look at him now. I'm not really sure this team will make the playoffs until after all star weekend. 6 games is not enough to pass judgment. Look at last season we had a good start then after Christmas we sucked.

Still can’t believe KP turned out to be the player he is. KP makes Phil’s time here all worth it regardless if he had to be persuaded to draft him.

A lot of Knicks fan are fickle me included. I thought KP was a garbage draft pick but look at him now. I'm not really sure this team will make the playoffs until after all star weekend. 6 games is not enough to pass judgment. Look at last season we had a good start then after Christmas we sucked.
That's not fickle though. Waiting until the ASG to start saying "maybe this team isn't trash" is reasonable. 3 wins is too early for Knicks byke. Same for the trade scenarios, unless a player comes into play that you gotta make an offer for is available. Let these guys get a rhythm or identity rather than just trying to get another random player. 1 injury to a big and the log jam is over. First 3 game win streak in 3 years :lol:

That's not fickle though. Waiting until the ASG to start saying "maybe this team isn't trash" is reasonable. 3 wins is too early for Knicks byke. Same for the trade scenarios, unless a player comes into play that you gotta make an offer for is available. Let these guys get a rhythm or identity rather than just trying to get another random player. 1 injury to a big and the log jam is over. First 3 game win streak in 3 years :lol:
B I don't think anyone is going crazy after 3 straight wins. I come to NT because the fans here are usually on the smart/rational side compared to other Knicks fans I interact with and especially since social media has come into play, but still equally passionate like myself. I think people genuinely have an idea of what this team is right now and what the goal is for this season. I do not think that has changed too much. I don't think anybody has a great grasp on if this team is good/bad or somewhere in between given the bipolar start to the season. But I havent seen one person predict any sort of playoff run or anything of that nature whatsoever for this season.

But to say that diehard Knicks fans who have suffered through this **** ******* *** franchise for close to 20 years now should not get very excited after not just witnessing a 3 game win streak (because honestly who really gives a **** about that if this team wasnt young and exciting and this season may very well end up being a wash anyway), but a 3 game winning streak where our 22 year old hopeful franchise savior/cornerstone is dropping 30+ every single night with ease with defenses keying on him as their primary target to START his run as the definitive face of this franchise, and legitimately looking like one of the best players in the entire NBA, is insanity and on hater level x1000.

I know we’re a flawed team that’s not making the playoffs.

But I’m not gonna let the draft lottery 7 months from now prevent me from enjoying Kristaps light up everyone he plays. We’re kind of a fun team right now. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom