Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Frank is definitely, 100% a PG. That is what we drafted Frank for, to be our franchise PG, and that is what he is. In my eyes, Frank would be a failure as a draft pick for us if he isnt that even if he does turn out to be a Batum kind of player. This team hasnt had a legit franchise PG in decades and that's what we need Frank to be.

Dont let the failed Shumpert experiment skew your points of view. Frank aint Shump. Frank is a great ball handler and pure passer, he's just not familiar with NBA defenders and it's tough for him to break them down at the moment. Understandable considering he just turned 19 and didnt play all of summer league and preseason. Plus he had to play mostly off ball as an 18 year old in the competitive French league. He'll get there though. The potential is definitely there and it's not even like he looks uncomfortable running the point in the NBA right now, he just has a tough time beating defenders off the dribble and breaking down a defense in that way. I doubt he'll ever be a burner but he'll be one of those players crafty enough to get in the lane, especially off pick and rolls, looking to set up his teammates first and foremost. It's not like he is slow, he does have the natural athleticism/quickness to at least do that, if not a lot more, he just needs to get more comfortable with the ball in his hands at the NBA level and that will come with time like it has with Giannis.

Screenshot_2017-11-01-07-48-24--706074041.png

You guys see this quote from Kristaps' brother? From a Latvian interview, on why they skipped the exit meeting:

"That wasn't an emotional decision. We had it ready some time ago, and it was thought true decision we came up with together. It was a logical next step for us, without which we would've been in one situation, but now after we did it - we are in another."

"Interesting, how many people who are even somehow involved in all of this, said to me - That was so unprofessional!! Just look at Melo, how he is handling things... And I'am thinking, wait a minute. In reality, if he for once, would decide to fight for something, we wouldn't be in this situation and Kristaps wouldn't be forced to take all the damage to himself. It wasn't done for some personal ambitions or dislike for someone, it was for the sake of overall peace. It needed to be leaders of the team task, but Melo and people around him, never tried to do anything.

Implication being it was a calculated decision to get Phil out. That's something.

BTW this is the most fun Knicks team since Linsanity.

You are who you guard in this league and the beauty of Frank is he will be able to guard 1-4 due to his wingspan as he develops. So he can play on the wing if his three shot develops well or be on ball if needed.

I really think Doncic would be an amazing fit next to him and hope we are in range to draft him next year. Having another + passer out there will just make our offense so much better especially because KP is a little bit of a black hole a la Melo so having other guys around him moving the rock will help.

You guys see this quote from Kristaps' brother? From a Latvian interview, on why they skipped the exit meeting:

"That wasn't an emotional decision. We had it ready some time ago, and it was thought true decision we came up with together. It was a logical next step for us, without which we would've been in one situation, but now after we did it - we are in another."

"Interesting, how many people who are even somehow involved in all of this, said to me - That was so unprofessional!! Just look at Melo, how he is handling things... And I'am thinking, wait a minute. In reality, if he for once, would decide to fight for something, we wouldn't be in this situation and Kristaps wouldn't be forced to take all the damage to himself. It wasn't done for some personal ambitions or dislike for someone, it was for the sake of overall peace. It needed to be leaders of the team task, but Melo and people around him, never tried to do anything.

Implication being it was a calculated decision to get Phil out. That's something.

Makes little sense and it doesn't seem that contributed to his firing.

But if it is known then i see why Phil was shopping KP :lol:

That's cool and all, but you're what 22? Stay in your lane. IDC how good you are, it was still unprofessional.

One thing I can already see is that Frank is gonna be a damn good shooter. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a consistent 40% from 3 48% from the field guy.

Wish I could watch the game on MSG. ESPN full of clowns

Beedle aging like moldy cheese and is mad corny
Pierce is dumb as hell. Can't complete a sentence without some sort of mistake
Jalen is a mirk
Chauncey always been anti-Knick
T-Mac I'm cool with but he's falling down that rabbit hole of trash ESPN personalities too

At least JFG and Breen commentating

Last edited:
Wish I could watch the game on MSG. ESPN full of clowns

Beedle aging like moldy cheese and is mad corny
Pierce is dumb as hell. Can't complete a sentence without some sort of mistake
Jalen is a mirk
Chauncey always been anti-Knick
T-Mac I'm cool with but he's falling down that rabbit hole and trash ESPN personalities too

At least JFG and Breen commentating

Always hated Michelle Beadle. She used to be somewhat funny when she played the comedic hater role on the OG Sportsnation. Now she's just a corny hater.

Back
Top Bottom