Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I'd give up Frank and next year's first for Kawhi, considering that if you trade for Kawhi and get a new coach, that pick likely isn't in the lotto again anyway. But I wouldn't trade Frank and our lottery pick this year for Kawhi. Not that it's a one-sided trade or anything, just that it gets us nowhere. It would be a lateral move that caps our ceiling.

Kawhi/KP would be awesome but with 0 backcourt whatsoever, that team doesn't get past the 2nd round in the East at their best. Beyond that, trading for Kawhi would also make us too good to significantly improve our backcourt through the draft. Not to mention the fact that Kawhi would have to waste one of his key prime seasons basically playing without KP next year. That's why I'd only pull the trigger if we could keep our pick this year so that we could draft Sexton/Young or even Lonnie Walker to fill the void left by Frank and give up our pick next year.

Maybe Frank + our lottery pick won't ever be as good as Kawhi but I'd rather take a chance on the ceiling Frank + Mikal Bridges (for instance) offers us than just Kawhi, because of how important backcourt play is in the NBA today. Plus Frank + Mikal + potentially no KP next season = another lottery pick, so trading Frank and our first round pick this year for Kawhi would almost be like trading Frank and 2 lottery picks for Kawhi. Not down to do that, building this team around KP with Frank and a couple more high draft picks gives us a significantly higher long-term ceiling that the KP/Kawhi combo.

But Frank + next year's pick more than likely wouldn't get it done with the Spurs, unless Pop is REALLY high on Frank or some ****, so I don't see us working anything out if we play it smart.

Last edited:
No way the Spurs send Kawhi over here without Porzingis going to them anyway
Agreed. Was just spitballing basically and reinforcing my point that I wouldn't blow up the roster for Kawhi. No KP and no Frank + this year's pick. Anything beyond that I think we should consider but the Spurs arent taking anything beyond that (probably wouldnt even take Frank + the pick TBH), so it's pointless.

I’m glad Frank and Mitchell are boys. Should be plenty of workouts scheduled with those two.

LOL at Mark Jackson getting a push. Probably tryna sell them on KD to NY next year. FOH.

Brickley is the truth. I wouldn't trade Frank + anything for Kawahi btw. His whole absence is unsettling. The fact that the team called a meeting is very strange, bc that means they don't believe his injury.

I don't like that Fiz blamed the players. Granted, the players are the ones on the court, but as a coach you can't throw them under the bus. Stack doesn't have any NBA coaching experience, so I'm iffy, but he's been successful in the GL. I really don't see the appeal with Blatt. Yes, they made a run while he was there, but he was also "coaching" the best player in the league, so he gets an asterisk IMO.

Y'all give Blatt way too much ****

Dude is like the Popovich of Euro hoops

And he was 100% a scapegoat for that Cavs team when Lebron had went back in 2014. He was never meant to coach that team in the first place. No one at the time thought Lebron was going back so they hired a coach without thinking of Lebron and when he got there Lebron had immediately signed him off just because he wasn't someone he already knew or one of his boys

Blatt should not be judged by his short NBA tenure at all. Give the guy a chance if it is him

I don't love Blatt but I don't hate him either.

He does have a big ego tho. Gotta turn it down a bit if he wants to last in NY.

Back
Top Bottom