Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

sounds like Bud is a long shot. extremely disappointing. get bad vibes from Fiz. want no parts of Woodson on the bench. would not mind Stack at this point, but to not get Bud will be a gut punch.

upload_2018-5-2_23-29-4.gif

Y'all remember this game ? :rofl:

Also, if Kanter opts out and we stretch Noah would we be able to sign a max cat ?

Y'all give Blatt way too much ****

Dude is like the Popovich of Euro hoops

And he was 100% a scapegoat for that Cavs team when Lebron had went back in 2014. He was never meant to coach that team in the first place. No one at the time thought Lebron was going back so they hired a coach without thinking of Lebron and when he got there Lebron had immediately signed him off just because he wasn't someone he already knew or one of his boys

Blatt should not be judged by his short NBA tenure at all. Give the guy a chance if it is him
Agreed with this. Not my first choice but I wouldnt hate Blatt.

I REALLY ******* hope it's not Fizdale. Dude is literally my least favorite candidate. Like, what about the guy and/or his resume jumps out and makes you say "yeah this is the guy who is gonna get KP to that next level" and/or "yeah this is the guy we need to develop Frank"? WTF has this dude done from a player development standpoint, seriously?

He develop Lebron and Wade into superstars or something? Mario Chalmers? Andrew Harrison? I know he didnt stay in Memphis long but rumors are that he was being a punk ***** about the Gasol situation and talking **** about him behind his back. There was more to his firing than just his beef with Gasol. If he was consensually popular in that locker room you could bet that he'd still be there.

This is Memphis we're talking about. It's not the Knicks. They don't just go about eating contracts for coaches they just hired unless they thought the situation was irredeemable and went beyond a single player having issues with him. Especially if they are trying to rebuild now. Why wouldnt they want this amazing up and coming forward thinking coach to orchestrate their rebuild? Why does Memphis literally pay him money not to rebuild their team yet he somehow becomes a red hot coaching candidate for rebuilding teams around the rest of the League, including us?

Honestly, would this dude even be mentioned as a candidate if it wasn't for Lebron and Wade constantly caping for him? What has he accomplished outside of word of mouth from Lebron/Wade (who he literally used to go out to clubs with in SOBE) and some others, that makes him a legit coaching candidate let alone the best? To me, Fizdale is the worst option. Worse than Mark Jackson easily.

Hope he doesnt get hired and if he does get hired I hope I'm wrong, but I'm siding with Marc Gasol on this one. I think this guy is a phony and I think his entire coaching resume is fugazi as well, built on word of mouth more so than substantial accomplishments. ESPECIALLY from a player development standpoint, where he has literally done next to nothing to prove himself to be qualified as a good player development coach in his career thus far in his career..

Why we would possibly trust him to run such an imperative rebuilding effort for us is beyond me. I think NYC/KP would see right through his phony *** ******** within a year and a half of his tenure. Dude is such a fraud act. :smh:

Last edited:
All this means is that even we dont know who to hire.

Wouldnt allow a candidate I really wanted to hire to even interview for other teams. Here's your contract sign it or get lost :lol:

I'm gonna die on this hill but why the **** did we not even interview Jason Kidd? How does Fizdale get fired for doing a ****** job and become a top coaching option but Jason Kidd gets fired (for maybe doing a ****** job depending on who you ask, but I think front office issues played a larger role) with a history of player development under his belt and not even get an interview? :smh:

I'm gonna die on this hill but why the **** did we not even interview Jason Kidd? How does Fizdale get fired for doing a ****ty job and become a top coaching option but Jason Kidd gets fired (for maybe doing a ****ty job depending on who you ask, but I think front office issues played a larger role) with a history of player development under his belt and not even get an interview? :smh:

I guess we both die on this hill today. :lol: I personally don’t want Fizdale but idk if he was that bad. Don’t let it distract you from the fact that they gave Mike Conley $139 m’s

What makes people think any of the coaches interviewed even want to really coach here. I mean it's a job but in coaching circles I would imagine the Knicks to be sort of a punchline. "I'll go there until a good job opens up" :lol: 3 year pit stop

What makes people think any of the coaches interviewed even want to really coach here. I mean it's a job but in coaching circles I would imagine the Knicks to be sort of a punchline. "I'll go there until a good job opens up" :lol: 3 year pit stop

Exactly. Wish I can rep this 1,000 times, watching this **** storm in this thread is even more comical considering the reality of the situation at hand.

Back
Top Bottom