Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

It's not the end of the world.

He's better than Hornacek & it's not Mark Jackson.
Yeah but it’s also not the best choice we had either

Bud and Stack were far and away better imo and wanted the job too

Don’t understand how this dude could’ve possibly separated himself so much more than them

Suns are giving new coaches from great lineages chances, yet here we are always recycling coaches who’ve been fired in the past smfh.

Who tf has Fizdale developed? Andrew Harrison? FOH

Bud saved THJ career, Stack is over there developing the entire Raptors bench and forming playoff rotation players.

Yet here we are hiring another guy who players fight with.

Only a matter of time fitz gon throw players under the bus most likely KP since he’s the franchise player just like he did with Gasol

It’s 10000% gonna happen. If KP doesn’t sign that extension he’s as good as gone. Those two personalities do not mix. I have zero optimism if Fitz is really the guy.

At least the Suns have an idea of what they're doing....

@tribjazz Kokoskov is simply a terrific hire by the Suns....Great coach, expert at development and fits so well with a young roster....

@tribjazz Top assistant and in direct coach for the point guards. Credit him with improvement from George Hill, Raul Neto and Ricky Rubio

@Mike_Schmitz
Kokoskov did a great job of putting Doncic in positions to succeed @ Eurobasket. Got the defense moving side to side before bringing Doncic off a ball screen going right w' a spaced floor. He's at his best when he can catch on the move & pick teams apart.

Suns are giving new coaches from great lineages chances, yet here we are always recycling coaches who’ve been fired in the past smfh.

Who tf has Fizdale developed? Andrew Harrison? FOH

Bud saved THJ career, Stack is over there developing the entire Raptors bench and forming playoff rotation players.

Yet here we are hiring another guy who players fight with.
Bullseye

Why do we assume that Fiz hasn't learned his lesson ? Quite sure he realized you can't beef with the teams best player washed or not. You think he's gonna come here after having issues with Gasol over play style/giving the young guys more minutes that he's gonna do the same thing with a 24 year old franchise player ? KP is a young guy and the type of offense Fiz likes to run benefits KP to a T so why would there be beef ?

Lazy criticism.

Trust me bro, I hope I'm wrong. Goal at the end of the day is a coach that maximizes our teams potential. But......

I really dont like hiring a coach with zero young player development. Gasol and to some extent, KP, are established. KP gonna shoot more 3s? Cool any new coach would've had him doing that. Fiz took a prime DPOY Gasol and a prime healthy Conley to 43 wins. I dont find that impressive at all.

Look at all the good coaches in the league (Stevens, Synder, Kerr, Spoelstra, Carlisle, Bud) all guys who haven't been fired in the past. Newer guys from either a good lineage or from college who knew how to transition into more current systems.

If you're gonna recycle coaches, atleast hire someone who has proven something.

Fiz is fine. Far from a worst case scenario. I hope he can be patient because patience is what we need from everyone right now. Fans, coaches, management and porzingis too.

Why do we assume that Fiz hasn't learned his lesson ? Quite sure he realized you can't beef with the teams best player washed or not. You think he's gonna come here after having issues with Gasol over play style/giving the young guys more minutes that he's gonna do the same thing with a 24 year old franchise player ? KP is a young guy and the type of offense Fiz likes to run benefits KP to a T so why would there be beef ?

Lazy criticism.

I hope you're right

Fix doesn’t think he did anything wrong in Memphis though

What makes you think he’d change his approach?

Fix doesn’t think he did anything wrong in Memphis though

What makes you think he’d change his approach?
Whether he did anything wrong or not he was put in a difficult situation. I don’t blame him for being defensive about it.

Now there’s now doubt he’s gonna be in a tough situation here too though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom