Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I mean you have all the analyst saying Kawhi is a top 2-3 player. I'd give a first round or Frank for him but not both.
KP-Kawhi-Frank is probably a top 5 defense and we'd still have Noahs $19M expiring.

Last edited:
He’s the only coach that can get the most out of a bunch of scrubs. I don’t think him and star players necessarily get along. From everything I read he says it how it is.

KP is already a star and has diva in him so I don't even understand why he's an option. You hear his name like he's the next Eric Spoelstra

But I mean, that Miami team had LeBron, Wade and Bosh. I get that you have to manage the play styles and personalities to make it all work, but I'm more inclined to believe having three of the best players in the league around their primes makes it a bit easier. Age old argument, I suppose.

He does work with so little in Miami now though, so I concede. It just always felt like the dude was gifted an amazing situation. Could have been a double edge sword as a coach, though.

But I mean, that Miami team had LeBron, Wade and Bosh. I get that you have to manage the play styles and personalities to make it all work, but I'm more inclined to believe having three of the best players in the league around their primes makes it a bit easier. Age old argument, I suppose.

He does work with so little in Miami now though, so I concede. It just always felt like the dude was gifted an amazing situation. Could have been a double edge sword as a coach, though.

I agree 100%

I initially thought he was gonna win regardless of him being a good coach or not cause he had an embrassment of riches

Watching him after the three tools disbanded I gained a whole bunch of respect for him and realized he can coach his *** off

He's responsible for LeBron having his greatest season ever, playing Bosh at the 5 and LeBron at the 4 basically unlocked the player that we all see today. The days of chasing around Jason Terry types were long gone with LeBron primarily defending someone slower, not as athletic, and probably not as strong in the post.

Spo birthed "Bron ball" that we see today while also making it a priority for him to get easy shots in the paint.

LeBron had a plethora of clutch shooters around him and a closer in Wade who can iso and get a big bucket when needed to.

Bron basically handled the ball 65% of the time, drove and dished to a open 3 point shooter or bullied someone in the post when he felt like it. On the defensive end he was put in a position to where he can use his sheer size, speed, and athleticism down low expending way less energy than chasing shooters around on the perimeter.

Spo gave him the keys and made the team play around his strengths and weaknesses. He turned Chris Bosh into a spot up shooter decreasing his role like 90%. I gotta give Spo some credit for managing all those egos and forcing everyone to change their games for the betterment of the team.

LeBron in Miami was literally the perfect scenario for any athlete ever until KD's punk *** went to the Warriors.

Everything but our 2018 pick, Porzingis, and Frank should be on the table
Are you legit serious saying the #9 pick and Frank need to be off the table for Kawhi?! . So if the Spurs said give us Frank and the #9 pick for Kawhi, you would turn them down?

Man idk, a healthy KP and Kawhi for the season and that’s easily a 50+ win team. Kawhi is that good
Kawhi isn't gonna be got for more than 2 firsts IMO, and that leaves us with no ability to build a roster after that. We don't have the assets for the play it's that simple. Would be one thing if we had stockpiled picks like Danny Ainge that we could now use.

Last edited:
Spoelstra is the only guy to survive LeBron's wrath cause there was definitely a point where Bron wasn't fond of him :lol:

Having Pat and D-Wade's endorsement helped a lot of course but he proved himself in the long run.

Blatt is cool, but I’d rather give Stack the shot. Looking like Bud used us for leverage which was to be expected if we’re gonna be honest

Back
Top Bottom