Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Since when have front offices traded coaches for picks, players, cash etc ?

I never even really got all the details of Doc Rivers going to the clippers either...

Coaches could only be traded for picks/cash.

Doc Rivers was traded for a 1st rounder because a) his name and b) he was also the president of basketball ops. for the Clippers.

Carmelo looks so bad man

He’s such a try hard with this team because he knows he ain’t gonna get as many touches as he wants

Not that Mitchell isn’t a stud but y’all ain’t giving Quinn Snyder the credit he deserves for what Mitchell’s been this season

Still irks me we probably could've had Rubio for Rose straight up at one point.
We couldn't have had Rubio for Rose, Phil wanted to do that deal but backed out because Thibs was asking for a first round pick also. Wild though how in back to back years Rubio was garbage in the first half of the season and then dominant after the all-star break. :lol:

As far as Mitchell goes, it sucks that we passed him up and it hurts double that he grew up in Westchester as a Knicks fan. But as much as I love to give Phil/Mills ****, I have to give them a pass on that one. Mitchell would have been considered SUCH a reach to take with Frank/Monk/Dennis on board still. I actually liked Mitchell alot as a prospect but I would have been heated if we took him at 8.

Everyone knew he was athletic, but so were Dennis/Monk, and his college numbers were pedestrian compared to those guys who were both true freshmen. He was an undersized 2 who didn't perform as well in college as alot of the true freshman picked in the lotto did that year. Honestly if you had asked me ahead of time what player from that draft class would have the kind of rookie season Mitchell is, I would have guessed Monk in a heartbeat.

Not a single mock draft that I saw at the time had Mitchell projected in the top 10 and alot of other teams passed on him as well. Sometimes, players just possess certain intangibles that are very tough to scout, and yeah, I think alot of yall arent giving Quinn Snyder the credit he deserves. Mitchell fell through the cracks, for sure, but Snyder is a tremendous coach who put him in position to succeed within a great system from day 1.

Just imagine how Denver feels, who drafted him only to trade him away for Trey Lyles and Tyler Lydon. :sick:

This OKC dumpster fire is something beautiful too watch
Sorry but I gotta go there.

Remember when Carmelo's play the last two seasons was the Knicks' fault for not surrounding him with enough talent?

Guy got a lot of free passes from people who didn't watch Knick games night in and night out.

Sorry but I gotta go there.

Remember when Carmelo's play the last two seasons was the Knicks' fault for not surrounding him with enough talent?

Guy got a lot of free passes from people who didn't watch Knick games night in and night out.
Knicks problems went far beyond Carmelo, and that was exposed as much this year as Melo's faults.

Having said that, there is no doubt he is on the decline and is the worst he's ever been by far right now, and he wasn't really good last season either. However from 2014 (especially 2014, when he was literally the only player on the team ready to take the next step following 2013) to 2016, Melo was great and got a lot of **** thrown his way because the Knicks had no supporting cast.

Knicks had a worse record in those seasons without Melo than any other team in the NBA had without any single superstar (worse than Pacers without PG, Pels without AD, Kings without Boogie, etc. etc.). Like I said, Melo had the best statistical season of his career in 2014 following a MVP-esque campaign in 2013. Only difference was the team around him got worse, not Melo.

2015 the Knicks were simply the worst team in the NBA and MElo got shut down. 2016, he lost a step as a scorer but gave in to Phil's demands to become more of a distributor, and was the only player in the NBA to lead his team in points/boards/assists, but he was still tossed under the bus repeatedly by Phil because he refused to take any personal accountability. He was carrying the Knicks to a .500 record with rookie KP his #2 and Fisher his head coach, before he rolled his ankle against Boston and the season kind of spiraled from there.

We couldn't have had Rubio for Rose, Phil wanted to do that deal but backed out because Thibs was asking for a first round pick also.
My brain is mush but I don't remember that, I remember Phil wanting an additional piece so they backed out. Could be wrong though.

Nonono I am NOT saying Melo is responsible for the Knicks problems don’t get me wrong.

Melos problems and the Knicks problems exist independently at the same time, neither caused the other.

But his steep decline started 2 seasons ago and people still said it was just the Knicks making him look bad.

Steve Mills and Scott Perry will travel to Europe this week to meet with David Blatt. The Knicks will also scout Luka Doncic while in Europe.

The Knicks have spoken with Jerry Stackhouse, Mark Jackson, Mike Woodson, David Fizdale, Kenny Smith and Mike Budenholzer.

Phil Jackson interviewed fewer candidates in two coaching searches and went on vacation during the second one.

:lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom