Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Dbb4r17UQAESl_P.jpg

Makes sense. If the Knicks really want Bud and Bud wants the Knicks then hopefully we aren't stupid enough to let the Hawks play us. Bud has already resigned as team pres, and like the article said, the Hawks probably don't want to pay him his contract for a rebuilding effort anyway, especially if he's not invested long-term. Shouldn't need to spend anymore than cash or a future 2nd or 2 to get Bud away from Atlanta. It's much easier for them to let him go and have the Knicks pick up his contract so no need to play into their hands and give up much compensation.

Also as a side note, Hawks entire ownership group is NYC finance guys. One of the minority owners is actually Jesse Itzler, dude who made all the "GO NY GO NY GO" tracks in the 90s. Ended up starting a private jet company or some **** and became a multi millionaire and he was part of the Hawks ownership group that bought the team recently. Maybe he throws us a bone. :lol:

Last edited:
Apparently the Clippers are expected to really pursue Jay Wright once Doc is officially gone. Suns will probably inquire as well like they did in 2016 but that's probably a less realistic option. Clips might go after JVG as well if Wright rejects them.

I really don't understand the logic behind being interest in JVG in 2018. It's not just that he has been out of the game so long, but his system was soooo old school even in the 2000s. He seems like a terrible mismatch for the modern NBA.

I really don't understand the logic behind being interest in JVG in 2018. It's not just that he has been out of the game so long, but his system was soooo old school even in the 2000s. He seems like a terrible mismatch for the modern NBA.
Lawrence Frank is the Clips GM and he is a JVG guy.

But also JVG is a big name and a legendary coach with a coaching tree that continues to do well in the NBA. He left coaching mostly out of choice but now has a foot back in the door with that USA team he coached to gold in the AmeriCup. So if he has interest in getting back in the game and thinks that he can survive in the modern game, I'm not entirely surprised teams are interested in him as an option.

Lawrence Frank is the Clips GM and he is a JVG guy.

But also JVG is a big name and a legendary coach with a coaching tree that continues to do well in the NBA. He left coaching mostly out of choice but now has a foot back in the door with that USA team he coached to gold in the AmeriCup. So if he has interest in getting back in the game and thinks that he can survive in the modern game, I'm not entirely surprised teams are interested in him as an option.
Well he didn't do a good job in Houston. The team took a big leap when Adelman got there. I watched that team closely as I was a fan of Yao and T-Mac and the offensive system was horrendous. They sold out the entire offense just to run back on defense and he underutilized both Yao and McGrady. I understand he's a popular personality but even his best years on the Knicks while good were not HOF caliber seasons.

Why y'all so high on Bud?

Just curious.

- COTY just a few years ago
- Understands the modern NBA
- Spurs assistant for 15 years
- Got the best out of guys like THJr, Demarre Carroll, Paul Millsap, etc.
- Respected around the league

If Stackhouse could bring in his UNC teammate Rasheed Wallace as an assistant, that's a potential game changer. No rumor that I saw just a thought. I want Sheed back on the Knicks bench. :lol:

Woodson asking Sheed if he wants to play vs the Heat in 2012 is a top 10 moment of the last decade
I was at that game. Was sitting next to a group of these typical annoying Miami/Lebron ********rs who clearly had no legitimate ties to the team or basketball knowledge, but liked to talk **** anyway because they hop on to whoever the best team is (I will never get that, if you hop on to a winning team's bandwagon you should lose the right to talk **** because clearly your team is going to be great or else you wouldn't be a fan). :lol:

I reserved my **** talk for most of the game fully expecting the HEat to come back and crush my soul, but once the 4th quarter started and we were up 20+ it became apparent that we were gelling. Those Heat "fans" ended up leaving midway through the 3rd (obviously)after being taunted relentlessly by me and the other Knicks fans in my section and everybody cheered when they left.

I knew right then and there that that team was going to be special. Finally felt like we had built the right team around Melo and he was cooking.

Probably my favorite Knicks game I've ever been at which is simultaneously awesome and depressing. :lol::smh:

On a related note does anybody remember when we used to call Fizdale "Hipster Woody" in here when he was on the Heat bench. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom