Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Imagine if we got the first pick and drafted Fultz. Can’t even imagine what the reaction would be in here.

Imagine if we got the first pick and drafted Fultz. Can’t even imagine what the reaction would be in here.

I brought that up a while ago :lol:

Imagine if we spent the 3rd overall pick on a guy that sat out 2 full seasons. Then 2 years later we spend the #1 overall pick on a guy that sits another full season. It'd be like 4 people left in this thread :lol:

Imagine if we waited until the 2nd round to pick up Frank. Others teams were just hyping him up because they knew we would be stupid enough to take the bait and pass on DSJr and Mitchell for him.

The chances of us hitting on arguably what may be the 2 best players (KP in 2015, Mitchell in 2017) with back to back picks were slim to none.

Imagine if we waited until the 2nd round to pick up Frank. Others teams were just hyping him up because they knew we would be stupid enough to take the bait and pass on DSJr and Mitchell for him.

Cuban flat out said if we didn’t draft Frank they would draft him. Frank was going top 10 regardless of what u think.

You’re smarter than this, don’t let your hate for Frank cloud your judgement. It’s already clear as day you rather see him fail just so you can say “I told you so”

I can't imagine it being any worse than what went on this year :lol: this was rough year imo in terms of exaggeration..

12 other teams passed on Mitchell, too.

Sometimes a prospect falls through the cracks & lands in a good situation. Seems like it happens every year now.

2017: Donovan Mitchell, John Collins, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, Jordan Bell, OG Anunoby

2016: Jamal Murray, Caris LeVert, Malcolm Brogdon, Pascal Siakam, Dejounte Murray

2015: Devin Booker, Terry Rozier, Kelly Oubre, Bobby Portis, Larry Nance, Montrezl Harrell

2014: Dario Saric, TJ Warren, Nikola Jokic, Gary Harris

Hindsight is always 2020.

Last edited:
12 other teams passed on Mitchell, too.

Sometimes a prospect falls through the cracks & lands in a good situation. Seems like it happens every year now.

same thing happen with Kobe... not saying mitchell is kobe but it does happen where teams overlook a particular player and they end up being really good

This is the second time I've read that in the thread. Why can't you compare Mitchell-DSJ or Mitchell-Exum?
You can compare them I'm just saying there is this impression from very casual NBA fans that DSJ had this great rookie season when he really was inconsistent and questionable all year. Whereas Mitchell is a bonafide stud.

Personally when I look at DSJ I still don't project a plus NBA starter, but he could certainly be a good stats bad team guy for a long time.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a rookie that has Mitchell’s scoring instincts. Ofcourse he forces some shots, but more often than not his 20-30 points comes within the offense.

I mean he’s literally taking all defense type players like Paul George to school.

Come on man :lol:

You mean to tell me every single big board on earth last year had Frank as a top 10 pick just to fool the Knicks? :lol:

You’re hate for the kid is unrivaled that’s for sure :lol:

You can compare them I'm just saying there is this impression from very casual NBA fans that DSJ had this great rookie season when he really was inconsistent and questionable all year. Whereas Mitchell is a bonafide stud.

Personally when I look at DSJ I still don't project a plus NBA starter, but he could certainly be a good stats bad team guy for a long time.
Ok, I see where you coming from. In terms of what they've done as rooks there's def no comparing them.

Man thank God KP has panned out. We literally would never stop seeing the name Devin Booker in this thread despite no Knicks fan on earth saying we should have taken Booker at 4 in 2015. And when Phil did look to trade back that year, he was relentlessly crucified. Not because anyone wanted KP but because they wanted Mudiay or Winslow or WCS. :lol:

Man thank God KP has panned out. We literally would never stop seeing the name Devin Booker in this thread despite no Knicks fan on earth saying we should have taken Booker at 4 in 2015. And when Phil did look to trade back that year, he was relentlessly crucified. Not because anyone wanted KP but because they wanted Mudiay or Winslow or WCS. :lol:

Who wanted WCS? :lol:

Who wanted WCS? :lol:
You got revisionist thinking. I remember very well arguing with people in this very thread about WCS. Always thought it was dumb how people wanted him because he basically played the same level of defense as KP, without even a quarter of the offense, despite being 2 years older. Overlooking all that just to avoid taking the foreign kid.

That's an argument I got into on several occasions in 2015, and it was in this thread because this is the only thread I have posted in since my username was just THE GR8. :lol:

You got revisionist thinking. I remember very well arguing with people in this very thread about WCS. Always thought it was dumb how people wanted him because he basically played the same level of defense as KP, without even a quarter of the offense, despite being 2 years older. Overlooking all that just to avoid taking the foreign kid.

That's an argument I got into on several occasions in 2015, and it was in this thread because this is the only thread I have posted in since my username was just THE GR8. :lol:

Lmao no revisionism I was just seriously way to occupied being the founding member of Team Mudiay. :rofl:

Sidenote: KAT has been infuriating to watch during this series. Wtf is he doing?

Back
Top Bottom