Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

well to be honest kawhi is better than kp and its not even close... when healthy hes a top 5 player in the league and in his prime... kp is a really good player but is inconsistent and injury prone... and with his height durability issues will come up werd to yao... i would do the trade tbh... but i think its better to have both kawhi and kp here... makes no sense to just have kawhi here and thats it... he would get this team to the playoffs but thats it... isola wrote that article so i would take it with a grain of salt and obviously not true... and if the spurs are asking for kp and a first round pick they are smoking rocks... kp alone should get the deal done... its obviously unrealistic we get kawhi here when he can make so much more money by staying with the spurs

LORD LORD LORD

YOU’RE SO CLOSE PERRY MILLS

ITS RIGHT ON THE TIP OF YOUR TONGUE

THE ANSWER IS RIGHT IN FROMT OF YOU

Idc about anyone who says oh can’t change the past, give Frank time, etc I’m still giving Frank a chance to be special, but goddamn it hurts seeing D Mitchell play so well. Kid is phenomenal and would’ve addressed so many needs. Plus he’s a leader that the team doesn’t have

Idc about anyone who says oh can’t change the past, give Frank time, etc I’m still giving Frank a chance to be special, but goddamn it hurts seeing D Mitchell play so well. Kid is phenomenal and would’ve addressed so many needs. Plus he’s a leader that the team doesn’t have
Let it go man

Other teams passed on him too

Pretty telling how you seem to get so much joy from the shortcomings of a player who dedicated his entire prime playing his heart and soul off for this ****** organization while having so much blind loyalty to a rookie who averaged less than 6 PPG. And I’m a Frank fan/believer. :smh:

I dont get Knicks fans who dislike Melo. I really just dont. It pisses me off tbh. Its what quietly angers me inside watching some of these dudes fall in love and hype up KP beyond belief, knowing full well that they will turn on him if he cant deliever.

This isnt Eddy Curry or Bargnani or JR or somebody like that we’re talking about. **** those guys, you don’t need to like/respect any player to wear NY on the chest. I could understand not loving Melo’s game or even blaming him for some of the failure he experienced here, I personally disagree with much of that notion but I could understand it, it’s an opinion. But at least show the man the respect he deserves for his hard work and loyalty.

Failure/success is uncontrollable in sports and in life. Anything that has to do with a potential outcome is uncontrollable because of external factors, you could only focus on trying to do the absolute best you can do. I say this alot but all you can ask for as a fan is for a player to come here, work hard, and respect the fact that alot of people really give a **** about the jersey he is being paid to put on. You can’t necessarily expect them to care as much as a fan but they should at least respect it and not lose sight of that. A player comes here and does at least that much, I’ll never personally dislike or resent him regardless of results.

Melo certainly had his faults but at the end of the day he took a chance on NYC because unlike almost any other player in the NBA today, he actually gave a **** about playing in NYC and being the guy who delivered for the city and he never lost sight of that goal. He didn’t just respect our plight, he went above and beyond and he lived it with us. When the rest of the stars were choosing to play with their buddies on super teams, Melo said **** that and chose NYC instead.

Sure everything didnt work out as planned. Some of it his doing and alot of it out of his control, to what extent could be argued all day, but there were still alot of amazing moments. He had this city by the balls only for people to throw him under the bus the second the team went to ****. Even though as I’ve said countless times in here, he was the ONLY Knick ready to take the jump we should have taken in 2014 after the anticlimatic playoff loss in 2013. He was ready. He improved every facet of his game. Everybody else either left or regressed (except Pablo I’ll always **** with Pablo).

IMO any real Knicks fan should respect Melo in the same sense that they should respect Patrick Ewing and other great Knicks who fought tooth and nail for us but ultimately couldn’t deliver a championship. You can pick apart his faults all you want but At the end of the day Melo stuck with us, gave us the prime years of his career, weathered some pretty ****** storms like a pro, and is still by far the most accomplished Knick in most of our lifetimes. That much cant be argued.

If Melo can’t get respect from the rest of the world he at least deserves it from us. He’s earned that much from any real fan of this organization... Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Don’t care about these dudes at all but this ish was super painful to watch :lol:

lmao they're faces with the stats sum it up perfectly. pg like "idc I'm getting my shots up". Melo "damn I can't shoot anymore?" while russ ******ed *** malfunctioning wondering if he has triple double yet

Back
Top Bottom