Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I was actually disappointed we traded melo but it was time for him and the franchise to move on. He always got that unwarranted hate when the team built around him sucked except one year with the old guys. He should've just came here as a free agent instead of forcing that trade. But still love the fact he went out of his way to come play here. I will never hate on him for leaving because he didn't whine and force his way out like Amar'e and Tyson. It was all Phil's fault why Melo got traded

Meh I could care less for Melo. He forced his way here to build his brand (and LaLas) first and foremost before it had anything to do with a basketball related decision. He’s in the same arrogant and selfish category as Westbrook.

The only thing I liked about Melo was the way he handled the **** show of a situation here last couple of years. The whole “he actually wanted to come here” nonsense is all BS. He more so wanted to get away from Denver and saw there was an opportunity to be in NY. He’d run to Brooklyn if we didn’t make that trade.

Rough seeing my guy look so washed.

Pretty telling how you seem to get so much joy from the shortcomings of a player who dedicated his entire prime playing his heart and soul off for this ****ty organization while having so much blind loyalty to a rookie who averaged less than 6 PPG. And I’m a Frank fan/believer. :smh:

I dont get Knicks fans who dislike Melo. I really just dont. It pisses me off tbh. Its what quietly angers me inside watching some of these dudes fall in love and hype up KP beyond belief, knowing full well that they will turn on him if he cant deliever.

This isnt Eddy Curry or Bargnani or JR or somebody like that we’re talking about. **** those guys, you don’t need to like/respect any player to wear NY on the chest. I could understand not loving Melo’s game or even blaming him for some of the failure he experienced here, I personally disagree with much of that notion but I could understand it, it’s an opinion. But at least show the man the respect he deserves for his hard work and loyalty.

Failure/success is uncontrollable in sports and in life. Anything that has to do with a potential outcome is uncontrollable because of external factors, you could only focus on trying to do the absolute best you can do. I say this alot but all you can ask for as a fan is for a player to come here, work hard, and respect the fact that alot of people really give a **** about the jersey he is being paid to put on. You can’t necessarily expect them to care as much as a fan but they should at least respect it and not lose sight of that. A player comes here and does at least that much, I’ll never personally dislike or resent him regardless of results.

Melo certainly had his faults but at the end of the day he took a chance on NYC because unlike almost any other player in the NBA today, he actually gave a **** about playing in NYC and being the guy who delivered for the city and he never lost sight of that goal. He didn’t just respect our plight, he went above and beyond and he lived it with us. When the rest of the stars were choosing to play with their buddies on super teams, Melo said **** that and chose NYC instead.

Sure everything didnt work out as planned. Some of it his doing and alot of it out of his control, to what extent could be argued all day, but there were still alot of amazing moments. He had this city by the balls only for people to throw him under the bus the second the team went to ****. Even though as I’ve said countless times in here, he was the ONLY Knick ready to take the jump we should have taken in 2014 after the anticlimatic playoff loss in 2013. He was ready. He improved every facet of his game. Everybody else either left or regressed (except Pablo I’ll always **** with Pablo).

IMO any real Knicks fan should respect Melo in the same sense that they should respect Patrick Ewing and other great Knicks who fought tooth and nail for us but ultimately couldn’t deliver a championship. You can pick apart his faults all you want but At the end of the day Melo stuck with us, gave us the prime years of his career, weathered some pretty ****ty storms like a pro, and is still by far the most accomplished Knick in most of our lifetimes. That much cant be argued.

If Melo can’t get respect from the rest of the world he at least deserves it from us. He’s earned that much from any real fan of this organization... Just my thoughts.

**** melo

Pretty telling how you seem to get so much joy from the shortcomings of a player who dedicated his entire prime playing his heart and soul off for this ****ty organization while having so much blind loyalty to a rookie who averaged less than 6 PPG. And I’m a Frank fan/believer. :smh:

I dont get Knicks fans who dislike Melo. I really just dont. It pisses me off tbh. Its what quietly angers me inside watching some of these dudes fall in love and hype up KP beyond belief, knowing full well that they will turn on him if he cant deliever.

This isnt Eddy Curry or Bargnani or JR or somebody like that we’re talking about. **** those guys, you don’t need to like/respect any player to wear NY on the chest. I could understand not loving Melo’s game or even blaming him for some of the failure he experienced here, I personally disagree with much of that notion but I could understand it, it’s an opinion. But at least show the man the respect he deserves for his hard work and loyalty.

Failure/success is uncontrollable in sports and in life. Anything that has to do with a potential outcome is uncontrollable because of external factors, you could only focus on trying to do the absolute best you can do. I say this alot but all you can ask for as a fan is for a player to come here, work hard, and respect the fact that alot of people really give a **** about the jersey he is being paid to put on. You can’t necessarily expect them to care as much as a fan but they should at least respect it and not lose sight of that. A player comes here and does at least that much, I’ll never personally dislike or resent him regardless of results.

Melo certainly had his faults but at the end of the day he took a chance on NYC because unlike almost any other player in the NBA today, he actually gave a **** about playing in NYC and being the guy who delivered for the city and he never lost sight of that goal. He didn’t just respect our plight, he went above and beyond and he lived it with us. When the rest of the stars were choosing to play with their buddies on super teams, Melo said **** that and chose NYC instead.

Sure everything didnt work out as planned. Some of it his doing and alot of it out of his control, to what extent could be argued all day, but there were still alot of amazing moments. He had this city by the balls only for people to throw him under the bus the second the team went to ****. Even though as I’ve said countless times in here, he was the ONLY Knick ready to take the jump we should have taken in 2014 after the anticlimatic playoff loss in 2013. He was ready. He improved every facet of his game. Everybody else either left or regressed (except Pablo I’ll always **** with Pablo).

IMO any real Knicks fan should respect Melo in the same sense that they should respect Patrick Ewing and other great Knicks who fought tooth and nail for us but ultimately couldn’t deliver a championship. You can pick apart his faults all you want but At the end of the day Melo stuck with us, gave us the prime years of his career, weathered some pretty ****ty storms like a pro, and is still by far the most accomplished Knick in most of our lifetimes. That much cant be argued.

If Melo can’t get respect from the rest of the world he at least deserves it from us. He’s earned that much from any real fan of this organization... Just my thoughts.
Chill man :lol:

Melo was my favorite player while he was here and I was always sticking up for dude

Bottom line is, he ain’t a Knick no more so why you going so hard for him?

I'm a fan of the way a team is built. Could care less about individual players, definitely a fan of certain players more than others though.

Love the way this current Sixers and Jazz team is built

Chill man :lol:

Melo was my favorite player while he was here and I was always sticking up for dude

Bottom line is, he ain’t a Knick no more so why you going so hard for him?
Because that’s a major part of what being a fan is? It’s not just about rooting to the guys currently on the roster it’s also about appreciating the guys who came before and busted their *** for our team. They deserve that from us.

And it’s not so much about going hard for him. I mean I root for the guy because I appreciate what he did here but if yall dont then its whatever. But to literally act like you are praying on his downfall and getting so much joy out of it for a guy who gave us all that Melo did? In addition to Dolan’s presence that sort of treatment from some Knicks fans legitimizes why players dont want to come here anymore.

I like that in New York you have to earn respect from the fans unlike other places, but that doesn’t mean we should be hating on everyone who came here and couldnt get it done.

I’ll always love those of yall who come with the “Melo only cared about marketing” “Melo only cared about his brand.” Like you know Melo? You know his motives? He tell you that? :lol:

Listen Im not doubting That Melo’s “brand” played a part in him wanting to come here, but when doesn’t it? Thats part of the appeal of being a star in NYC ALWAYS. Just like Melo seems to be the only star player to get **** on for costing a team assets (which is only because unlike when other stars get trade, Melo actually made the grave mistake of letting it be known he wanted to play here so that those teams fans can crucify him for costing us Danilo Gallinari instead of signing as a free agent for the next decade, and also because the Knicks, unlike other franchises who trade for stars are too inept to make it work. Other franchises pay more for star players but are competent enough to build a team around them), he’s also the only star who gets **** on for caring. About his brand. It’s always a hypocrisy with Melo haters.

In 2010, literally our ONLY marketing pitch to Lebron was the opportunity to take his brand to a new level. Alot of guys who **** on Melo would go goo goo after Kawhi if we were able to get him, who literally only comes here for his brand.

Brand has been and always been part of the NYC experience, theres no denying that appealed to Melo, but to claim thats the reason he wanted to come here is naive. You know what improves your brand better than NYC? Winning. That much has been proven in the NBA time and time again. Its why nobody wants to come here anymore. Advancements in technology and social media has made players more globally accessible than ever before. You can hate on Melo but nobody would deny he is smart and also tech savvy for a NBA player. He knows this as well as anyone.

Still he wanted to come to NYC and play here until it finally became 100% apparent it didnt make sense for him because of some old school “I need NYC for my brand” mentality? FOH. Melo hate blinds logic and reason. Dudes will says whatever they can to rationalize their hatred of him.

Last edited:
Because that’s a major part of what being a fan is? It’s not just about rooting to the guys currently on the roster it’s also about appreciating the guys who came before and busted their *** for our team. They deserve that from us.

And it’s not so much about going hard for him. I mean I root for the guy because I appreciate what he did here but if yall dont then its whatever. But to literally act like you are praying on his downfall and getting so much joy out of it for a guy who gave us all that Melo did is another thing. In addition to Dolan’s presence that sort of treatment from some Knicks fans legitimizes why players dont want to come here anymore.

I like that in New York you have to earn respect from the fans unlike other places, but that doesn’t mean we should be hating on everyone who came here and couldnt get it done.

And I’ll always love those of yall who come with the “Melo only cared about marketing” “Melo only cared about his brand.” Like you know Melo? You know his motives? He tell you that? :lol:

Listen Im not doubting That Melo’s “brand” played a part in him wanting to come here, but when doesn’t it? Thats part of the appeal of being a star in NYC ALWAYS. Just like Melo seems to be the only star player to get **** on for costing a team assets (which is only because unlike when other stars come here, Melo let it be known he wajted to play here and also because the Knicks, unlike other franchises who trade for stars are too inept to make it work. Other franchises pay more for star players but are competent enough to build a team around them), he’s also the only star who gets **** on for caring. About his brand. It’s always a hypocrisy with Melo haters.

In 2010, literally our ONLY marketing pitch to Lebron was the opportunity to take his brand to a new level. Alot of guys who **** on Melo would go goo goo after Kawhi if we were able to get him, who literally only comes here for his brand.

Brand has been and always been part of the NYC experience, theres no denying that appealed to Melo, but to claim thats the reason he wanted to come here is naive. You know what improves your brand better than NYC? Winning. That much has been proven in the NBA time and time again. Its why nobody wants to come here anymore. Advancements in technology and social media has made players more globally accessible than ever before. You can hate on Melo but nobody would deny he is smart and also tech savvy for a NBA player. He knows this as well as anyone.

Still he wanted to come to NYC and play here until it finally became 100% apparent it didnt make sense for him because of some old school “I need NYC for my brand” mentality? FOH. Melo hate blinds logic and reason. Dudes will says whatever they can to rationalize their hatred of him.
Again, as far as my takes on him, you’re reaching man

Ain’t no one praying for his downfall or anything like that. I simply just don’t care but this OK3 thing is just a car crash you can’t look away from

I’m a Knicks fan more so than a fan of individual players. If Frank got traded tomorrow I’d be on team #****frank too

I spent Melos entire Knick tenure defending him so why the hell what I continue to do so if he ain’t a Knick no more?

When he retires I’ll go back to appreciating him much more than now but I think you just getting a little too worked up over someone that should be seen as nothing more right now than a former Knick :lol:

Last edited:
I mean I don't know how you criticize Melo off of those stats. 7 attempts, less minutes, benched during crunch time.

Son wasn't treated like an asset or even as bench help.

Last edited:
Yes. Especially if we still have Kanter and KOQ next season.

We don't need Noah.

Is next season is his last gear on his contract? If so I'd package him with somebody for a pick.

^ i think both will opt out and if they do i hope we save the cap space... now the knicks are interview juwan howard who is the 10th candidate... this is a joke interviewing all these people who they have no interest in hiring

^ i think both will opt out and if they do i hope we save the cap space... now the knicks are interview juwan howard who is the 10th candidate... this is a joke interviewing all these people who they have no interest in hiring
What’s wrong with doing due dilligence? You concerned with Perry/Mills summer vacation? :lol:

Contrast this to Phil taking a vacation mid coaching search and then only interviewing the left over candidates he has “simpatico” with, and I’d say this is a pretty positive sign.

i like how they are taking it seriously but its getting a little excessive... just hire budd and move on already

Mitchell man :nerd: I don't care who else didn't pick him, kid looks legit. Knicks maaan. Being an NBA scout is like being a weatherman when you look at draft history of some of the best players. It's like scouts have an idea but don't really know **** :lol:

Noah + the Bulls 2nd for Whiteside?

Wouldn’t do it. Whiteside gives zero ****s. I’m in the minority that thought 1000% Noah should play. Who cares if he contributes or not atleast he plays hard. Can’t say the same for Whiteside (aka Roy Hibbert 2.0)

And it’s not so much about going hard for him. I mean I root for the guy because I appreciate what he did here but if yall dont then its whatever. But to literally act like you are praying on his downfall and getting so much joy out of it for a guy who gave us all that Melo did? In addition to Dolan’s presence that sort of treatment from some Knicks fans legitimizes why players dont want to come here anymore.

I’ll always love those of yall who come with the “Melo only cared about marketing” “Melo only cared about his brand.” Like you know Melo? You know his motives? He tell you that? :lol:

Listen Im not doubting That Melo’s “brand” played a part in him wanting to come here, but when doesn’t it? Thats part of the appeal of being a star in NYC ALWAYS. Just like Melo seems to be the only star player to get **** on for costing a team assets (which is only because unlike when other stars get trade, Melo actually made the grave mistake of letting it be known he wanted to play here so that those teams fans can crucify him for costing us Danilo Gallinari instead of signing as a free agent for the next decade, and also because the Knicks, unlike other franchises who trade for stars are too inept to make it work. Other franchises pay more for star players but are competent enough to build a team around them), he’s also the only star who gets **** on for caring. About his brand. It’s always a hypocrisy with Melo haters.

Carmelo was a bum 75% of his time here stop caping already.

Back
Top Bottom