Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

frank is more like thanasis than giannis rn.

Based on what? B/c Giannis didn’t have a monster rookie season by any means.

I do think DSJ is dope and has that fire needed to succeed. Just not sure what he has to do w/ OUR team.

frank is more like thanasis than giannis rn. & DSJ the truth man. smooth as hell on the court and great feel for whats goin on like goldenchild9 goldenchild9 said. add in that he's on the mavs :sick: plus they have 0 rim protection, & dirk basically just plays on offense so its 4 on 5 so of course his defense #s will probably lack rn in his first year. (not saying he will become all-defense but its no worse than many other pg's)

The drose comparisons are lazy. The athleticism is just a plus he's not just recklessly using his speed he picks his spots very well for a rookie

^ All facts!

That's all I ever try to tell these dudes cause they be sounding crazy. Root for whatever player you like but at least try to be realistic and somewhat unbiased.

Y'all be making Knicks fans look bad with the constant steaming hot takes.

^ All facts!

That's all I ever try to tell these dudes cause they be sounding crazy. Root for whatever player you like but at least try to be realistic and somewhat unbiased.

Y'all be making Knicks fans look bad with the constant steaming hot takes.
Ain’t no one in here saying Frank has been better than Dennis

He hasn’t

I’m just not in love with his game and believe Frank has the higher ceiling but I can’t give my take without you getting super defensive about it like I came into a Mavs thread and started talking crazy :lol:

But calling DSJr. CP3 is probably the hottest take I’ve seen in here all season :rofl:

Capture.JPG

giphy.gif

It doesn’t even matter to compare Frank to other players. They don’t and won’t play for the Knicks anytime soon. With that being said, at this point in this season, your mans is buns. Dumpster juice. He might be a “project” or has a “high ceiling”, but all that isn’t doing **** for the team right now.
Jeff needs to just let him have all the minutes and see if he can play through the garbage.

As of right now, Frank is garbage. TJ ******* McConnell is better than Frank. Idk what ceiling you guys are talking about, but nothing this season has shown me that he’s going to be a good player. He looks like he just learned how to play the day he was drafted. He definitely could’ve benefited from going to school here. Anyone wonder why he didn’t get much burn in the euro league? I don’t. Dude is buns.

As of right now, Frank is garbage. TJ ****ing McConnell is better than Frank. Idk what ceiling you guys are talking about, but nothing this season has shown me that he’s going to be a good player. He looks like he just learned how to play the day he was drafted. He definitely could’ve benefited from going to school here. Anyone wonder why he didn’t get much burn in the euro league? I don’t. Dude is buns.

TJ Mcconnell is 25 yrs old and has been in the league 3 years. Your comparisons are weird. Just see if the kid pans out or not instead of making these odd comparisons lol

Son lost the ball running by himself on a fastbreak last night but y'all wanna talk about other's players weaknesses :rofl:

I've tried to fall back on speaking on the kid but y'all won't let me.

Let Frank learn how to play on a basic level first before y'all start comparing ceilings and potentials with players far more advanced.

Knick fans weird :lol:. I hope the rook pans out. As well as our next rook and so on.

I hope he does too but my optimism is not going to make me blind to the fact that he is extremely raw at this point, hasn't shown any improvement since game 1 and there are other players of his class that are flat out outperforming him and showing more promise.

The weirdest part about Knicks fans is the way they embrace srcubs and crucify legit players imo. Cats will go hard on KP and coddle Frank. Kill Melo and obsess over Jeremy Lin. Now that is weird as hell to me.

Last edited:
I hope he does too but my optimism is not going to make me blind to the fact that he is extremely raw at this point, hasn't shown any improvement since game 1 and there are other players of his class that are flat out outperforming him and showing more promise.

The weirdest part about Knicks fans is the way they embrace srcubs and crucify legit players imo. Cats will go hard on KP and coddle Frank. Kill Melo and obsess over Jeremy Lin. Now that is weird as hell to me.

I agree. Knick fans are weird for more reasons than 1. But what I will say is it’s way too early to call the kid a scrub. He has to pan out first. And I was team Melo for his entire time here and didn’t care much for Lin. But that’s just me :lol:

People keep overlooking how much coaching matters to these young prospects

Players like Donavan Mitchell and DSJr. are benefitting infinitely from having some of the best coaches in the league while we're expecting one of the worst to know what to do with the biggest lottery project of the draft

At least give Frank a chance with a decent coach before you crucify him

Through 50 games the kid is averaging 5.2 points, 2.1 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 34.9 FG%, 70.2 FT%, and 33.7 3FG%

How on earth can you be excited or optimistic about those stats? Let's not forget that this kid obviously plays scared. IDGAF that he's only 19, has a long arms, blah blah. Dude has not shown ANY promise of being worth the #8 pick, when we could've drafted Donovan Mitchell. I get it, he's on our team, so we're kind of forced to be optimistic. Other than blind hope in Frank and hoping we lose every single game, there isn't much else going on. I can't believe someone wasted time making a highlight video for 10 points and 7 assists. Then again, for Frank, that's an achievement. From the looks of it, Frank might be out of the league before his rookie deal is up, unless he makes HUGE strides.

Can I rep this more than once?

Knick fans weird :lol:. I hope the rook pans out. As well as our next rook and so on.

These guys are obsessed with getting veterans to "win now" just like Dolan. They don't understand the idea of developing players. They would be ecstatic if we traded our next 3 firsts for Kemba Walker.

I'm not even saying Frank is necessarily going to be a hit but the attitude "he does nothing for the team right now" is just idiotic.

Back
Top Bottom