Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I wouldn't do it
I wouldn't do it without the first round pick honestly. Let the kid develop, and with all due respect to Kemba (I'm a huge fan) avoid Marbury part 2.

I'd be more optimistic about the possibility if I didn't first hand witness this organization break down both Marbury and Melo, both "NYC saviors" turned into scapegoats who IMO were both better players than Kemba coming into NY, Melo especially.

Idk....if we traded a 2020 first and swapped KOQ for Noah, I’d be with it. I think Kemba would benefit KP, since he actually gets to the rim. I’m all for keeping Frank too, but I wouldn’t be too mad if my scenario (won’t happen) actually went down.

I was just bs' ing had no idea that's what that chart was trying to imply. Must be for that 1 game where we blew the Nets out, can't be for the whole season :lol:

I don't really know what underlies the stat so I can't say. What about the stat do you think is inaccurate?

like i understand the whole +/-, but this chart about who is more effective when who is on the court is all BS to me. i mean Russ averaged a triple double and single handily brought the Thunder to the playoffs. but i bet he doesn't make his teammates better according to that chart. same with any other star players. if they take over in the last 5 minutes of the game and score the last 12 points or whatever, of course their teammates "suffer" since they're not scoring. who cares? a win is a win. hell if KP scores 100 ppg, does that mean he doesn't make his teammates better? well no **** if no one else scores. dont tell me Frank doesnt make Beas better when he'll randomly drop 25. all these advanced stats come from dudes that never even made their HS varsity team.

like i understand the whole +/-, but this chart about who is more effective when who is on the court is all BS to me. i mean Russ averaged a triple double and single handily brought the Thunder to the playoffs. but i bet he doesn't make his teammates better according to that chart. same with any other star players. if they take over in the last 5 minutes of the game and score the last 12 points or whatever, of course their teammates "suffer" since they're not scoring. who cares? a win is a win. hell if KP scores 100 ppg, does that mean he doesn't make his teammates better? well no **** if no one else scores. dont tell me Frank doesnt make Beas better when he'll randomly drop 25. all these advanced stats come from dudes that never even made their HS varsity team.

From what I know about +/-, it doesn't even really make sense until you are looking at a pretty big sample size anyways. Looking at it for game-to-game just doesn't make sense but people like to throw it around anyways. I don't really agree or disagree with you, I mean on both sides of the advanced stats debate people argue about things they don't understand. I don't buy your argument at all that someone needs to be good at basketball to be good at building statistical models, but I've also seen statistical arguments like where people have said that there is "no such thing as being on fire" that just have zero basis in truth to me.

That said Russell Westbrook doesn't make his teammates better and his triple double hunting definitely didn't so I dunno where you're going with that one!

edit: I'm half joking but let me be clear that RW definitely does make his teammates better sometimes especially when he's making good decisions, but last year a lot of his play was pretty selfish and definitely didn't help his teammates out.

Old head mentalities like this are a dying breed
And for good reason :lol:

What you just explained has nothing to do with how advanced stats are calculated

Just because you don't believe in them and discredit them doesn't mean they don't exist or have plausible meaning

Last edited:
Mark Jackson will bring drama. Do not want.

Fine with Hornacek and the no-drama Knicks for now.

Yeah I went to his Twitter and he's posting those same stats for a bunch of other rookies too
I didn't even check the other rookies :lol: I question Frank on what he does not what other rookies are doing, outside of when they play the Knicks.

Old head mentalities like this are a dying breed
And for good reason :lol:

What you just explained has nothing to do with how advanced stats are calculated

Just because you don't believe in them and discredit them doesn't mean they don't exist or have plausible meaning

Meh, I don’t think this mumbo jumbo advanced stats crap was around during the 80s and 90s, but Jordan and the Bulls did just fine. Make the right pass, take a good shot, play good defense, rebound, etc. IDGAF if Ramon Sessions makes KP better by 1% versus Frank, bc Sessions is still trash. But if y’all wanna rely on that, cool. You don’t have to agree with my old head mentality.

Back
Top Bottom