Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Damn you really reaching with Beasley and Kanter :lol:

Am I? Kanter avg. 15 off the bench on a playoff team in the West. He's gonna eat.

Beasly to me is in a perfect spot with the Knicks. He's going to get the usage.

I want to be clear. I am optimistic about our teams offensive ability. I think we will be good enough to grab a playoff spot in the EAST. The 6-8 seed will probably only need about 35-40 wins this year.

From reading around, looking at the offers we had available for Melo. We inquired about adding Terrence Furgesson from OKC but instead they tried to get an extra 1st round pick from around the league to include in this deal, and couldn't so we just pulled the trigger.

For how bad the package was, we definitely went with best deal available....

1. Shumpert, Frye, Felder, Richard Jefferson, 2nd rounder
2. Tristan Thompson straight up (Cavs declined)
3. Trevor Ariza, Eric Gordon (Rockets declined)

From reading around, looking at the offers we had available for Melo. We inquired about adding Terrence Furgesson from OKC but instead they tried to get an extra 1st round pick from around the league to include in this deal, and couldn't so we just pulled the trigger.

For how bad the package was, we definitely went with best deal available....

1. Shumpert, Frye, Felder, Richard Jefferson, 2nd rounder
2. Tristan Thompson straight up (Cavs declined)
3. Trevor Ariza, Eric Gordon (Rockets declined)

We did alright considering the circumstances. People see a 2nd round pick & immeditely bash the deal but that pick is essentially a late 1st rounder. There was no chance of us getting a lottery pick or young player.

It’s not like Perry took the first offer he heard, this **** has been going on for months. I’m sure there’s been tons of potential deals discussed with half the league.

We’re not gonna do much winning but it could be a fun season. Excited to see Porzingis as the clear #1 option.

He'll have his bad/inefficent games, but I dont want to see any 7 point 4 rebound games from KP anymore. Even though I don't think he's a #1 option franchise player, he's got the keys now and has the qualities to be a leader.

Frank and Willy will buy in, and THJ has the green light. Should be fun.

KOQ needs to be packaged with Lance, Kuz, Lee, Beasley, or Dougie down the line. Way too many wings.

Yeah our moves can't be done with all the bigs we have. They're actually effective, be a waste to take away minutes. I hated last season when KOQ or Willy were hot and got taken out or never even played the next game.

Exactly. It'll frustrate both the players for not knowing when they'll play and the coaches for shuffling way too many lineups. As much as I like KOQ, with how effective and how great of a contract he has, he's the odd man.

Pookie HAS to go. I actually like KOQ, he’s a bully. Perry Mills gotta find a way to get Noah out the paint.

Phil gone, Melo is now gone (Melo was cool with Pookie, apparently)..............time's up for Lance

Back
Top Bottom