Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Why are we still talking about Melo? I'm glad that toxic situation is over. A fresh start was needed for both parties.

He wasn't good for us just like we weren't good for him on the basketball court. He's in a better place now. Hope he wins one when it's all said and done.

DKlOtT0VAAALwM3.jpg

You're a fool if you still think Melo was supposed to be Lebron or Magic. He is one of the top 10 scorers in the history of the league, period. His job was to score from game 1 of his rookie season. No more, no less. Again, y'all sound like Bron is the daddy that left you, and no matter what Melo wouldn't have been good enough.

You're a fool if you still think Melo was supposed to be Lebron or Magic. He is one of the top 10 scorers in the history of the league, period. His job was to score from game 1 of his rookie season. No more, no less. Again, y'all sound like Bron is the daddy that left you, and no matter what Melo wouldn't have been good enough.

:lol: "no matter what Melo wouldn't have been good enough"

Sounds like I touched a nerve.

It's great that you love Melo, and I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings, but the truth is the truth.

The good thing is he's gone, so all of your tears about how abused he was can go over somewhere else.

I'm not even going to touch the fact that you called Carmelo one of the top 10 scorers in league history :rofl:

You didn't touch anything, except for the pity I feel for you continuing to be butt hurt about what Melo couldn't do for you. You're crying about the same ******** that happened half a decade ago. Let that sink in. Grow some balls and stop whining about the same ****. You losers have nothing else to comeback with except "lol Melo capers blah blah". "Melo ruined this". "Melo ruined that". FOH with that 2011 ****. I thought your sodium levels would calm down by now, from Bron not coming here.

You didn't touch anything, except for the pity I feel for you continuing to be butt hurt about what Melo couldn't do for you. You're crying about the same ******** that happened half a decade ago. Let that sink in. Grow some balls and stop whining about the same ****. You losers have nothing else to comeback with except "lol Melo capers blah blah". "Melo ruined this". "Melo ruined that". FOH with that 2011 ****. I thought your sodium levels would calm down by now, from Bron not coming here.

Damn dude, what you so angry about?

Just sports here, it's not personal. We can disagree.

I'm very neutral on the Melo departure. During that 50 win season dude was really fun to watch and he gave us a lot of great moments such as dropping 62 at the Garden, the OT winner against the Bulls, etc but in the grand scheme of things he didn't do anything to expand his game. I always respected his scoring ability but he never trained hard to improve in an area he struggled in. Even when you watch hoody Melo videos it's just him scoring lol.

All in all, I will always have love and respect for dude for what he provided, but I'm not gonna cry that he left when we've been horrible the last few years with him on the team.

Kanter made a good point about Melo being able to focus on basketball in OKC since there's nothing to do there lol. Playing in NYC can be distracting when you're as big of a name as Melo and getting invited out to all these events. Being in OKC i can see him being more effective due to his increased level of focus.

Damn dude, what you so angry about?

Just sports here, it's not personal. We can disagree.

you're right. my bad bro. i didn't mean to make it personal. i'm just tired of how ****** this whole team is, from the front office to the fans. i'm especially frustrated with the "fans". our FO is ****. we can't do anything about it. but it pisses me off when fans boo the best player we've had in years, our president of basketball operations drags him through the mud, and then people get upset because we got nothing back in return. like are you serious? y'all degraded this man when he not once said anything negative about the organization. not a single time. i bet any one of us or any other player in the league would've lashed out, if we were in his shoes. yes, i'm a Melo fan, and yes i'm a Knicks fan (obviously). however, this is ridiculous. the "**** Melo" **** is unwarranted. did i want him to be better for us? yes. did i want him to do more than just score? yes, but he is who he is. you can't expect DeAndre Jordan to drop 30ppg, when his game is to rebound and get put backs. he spent 9 years in Denver, and everyone should've known who we were getting when we made the trade. he wasn't gonna miraculously turn into a different player. his role was always be the #1 scoring option. had it been different, ok then he most certainly should've focused on other aspects of his game. but when you get the ball with less than 8 seconds left on the clock, bc your offense is ****, and no one else wants to shoot, what are you gonna do? just look at the last 4 years since Kidd was here. who else could've directed the offense? who else in the last 4 years could give us 20+ ppg? JR? Chicken legs? Shump? Landry Fields? of course this dude had to jack 20 shots a game. who the hell else was going to? i took him for what the player he is a looooooong time ago. whomever expected Lebron 2.0 set themselves up from the jump /rant

Back
Top Bottom