Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Seems like besides that one year we were good Melo was always hurt and it was everyone else's fault why we couldn't consistently be a 5-8 seed. Superstars can at least do that

We got a bunch of young guys to work with and y'all are tripping.

Y'all sit here year after year and hype up a patchwork squad just for us to be trash.

I don't get it honestly. We finally get a clean slate for once.

E2E10C66-5929-47BE-9C1F-F79502234A98.jpeg

Man.

So none of yall will ever accept TANKING for a Top 5 pick? Even if that is the only solution left after we failed the free agent and trade markets?

20 years fellas, 20 years.......and we only tanked for a Top 5 pick once (his name is Porzingis).

Considering the NBA is looking to appease you "**** tanking" folk and try to implement an "anti-tanking solution" for the 2019 draft lottery, this is our last chance to take advantage of the current draft rules at this point.

If KP can get us to the playoffs without overpaying AND overtrading for some overhyped star player, GREAT.

Otherwise if KP cannot do it, accept the tank
You guys keep forgetting that the coach, players and management aren't with the tank either.

I can tolerate young guys being trash because they'll be learning in the process. Most young squads don't start off winning. That takes time.

Watching vets and stars struggle to play cohesively on the other hand, that I was getting tired of.

Phil messed us up.

That entire hoodie Melo phenomena was created to boost his trade value after his stock took a hit. No teams bit.

Unfortunately.
We can't blame the man for not broadening his list of destinations till it was down to the wire.

He was really wanting out of this team.
And the front office had to take whatever sack of crap anyone wanted to offer.

I can tolerate young guys being trash because they'll be learning in the process. Most young squads don't start off winning. That takes time.

Watching vets and stars struggle to play cohesively on the other hand, that I was getting tired of.

#FACTS

I wish Melo the best. I will be rocking with the Thunder as my secondary west coast team this year.

Im excited for the future though.

Like a couple dudes in here said, this is finally feeling like a real clean slate and fresh start.

Does it hurt? For sure. Melo produced many good memories and just as many great memories. Ef all the nonsense, my dude was all the way loyal until he was forced to do what he had to do.

All I know is we have 3 young international players coming off great performances over in Europe. KP, Willy and Kuz should be significantly improved from last season and should have immense confidence.

We got a rookie guard that we havent seen much of but from the little bit Ive seen I get the feeling that he will be a very productive piece. I see great potential and skill.

Tim Hardaway Jr. was one of my favorite Knicks when we had him the first go round. Last year he showed great improvement and he looked so much stronger and athletic this summer, although im only judging off the summer runs in Melo's gym. I believe THJR can have a shot at an All-Star spot this year if the team can have a succesful first half of the season. I can see him putting up 20-4-4 numbers with about 2 steals a game.

Beasley is a wild card. I was a fan of his coming out of Kansas State, he was the goods. The confidence is definitely there. Hopefully he plays under control and can give us a consitent 16+ a game.

Kanter is a proven scorer and has played in BIG games. Are he and McDermott equal value for Melo? No way, but we knew we were gonna get robbed anyway. I can see him being a big offensive force for us off the bench. In the east, i think he will EAT.

McDermott is another wild card to me. I havent seen much from im the league but with his ability to shoot the ball and score I think he can be an asset in Hornecek's uptempo system.

Maybe there is another move on the way for Courtney Lee and one of our bigs... let's see.

I havent been intersted in watching this team since we started the season off strong and Phil made the "we are not a playoff team" comment that started this collapse and demise of the Melo Knicks era.

But today I can say I am excited to watch the Knicks this year.

We gonna be top 5 in pace IMO. Top 5 in ppg also.

Defensively.. :frown::

But it will be entertaing.

I got us making the playoffs 6-8 seed.

KP can get u 20 a game. Possiblility of 30+ any given night.

Beasley 15-20 a game. Possible 24+ any given night.

Kanter 15-20 a game. Possible 24+ any given night.

THJR 20 game. Possible 26+ any given night.

Willy and Kuz are good for 10-14 a game. Can both have a 20 point game any given night.

I just think we have a lot of depth. I dont think there will ever be a unit on the floor that cant score. There wont be much drop off from the starters to bench offensively. With Horneceks system in place, the pace will allow more opportunities and more possesions.

Defense is gonna be bottom 3 though.

Some of y'all are acting like we just traded away 3 star players and were contenders.

The last time we were exciting to watch was when Amare was having that MVP half and the young guys bought into him being the leader.

That 2012-2013 year was a fluke. We hit 3s at a record pace. Second half of season we came back down to earth and started to miss every 3 going into the playoffs. Losing to bum *** Roy Hibbert and the Pacers should tell you enough about that team.

KP can get u 20 a game. Possiblility of 30+ any given night.

Beasley 15-20 a game. Possible 24+ any given night.

Kanter 15-20 a game. Possible 24+ any given night.

THJR 20 game. Possible 26+ any given night.

Willy and Kuz are good for 10-14 a game. Can both have a 20 point game any given night.

I just think we have a lot of depth. I dont think there will ever be a unit on the floor that cant score. There wont be much drop off from the starters to bench offensively. With Horneceks system in place, the pace will allow more opportunities and more possesions.

Defense is gonna be bottom 3 though.
Damn you really reaching with Beasley and Kanter :lol:

Back
Top Bottom