OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

NBC gets a major F- for their coverage. absolutely terrible with the delays/commercials, etc.

Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell 54m54 minutes ago
Ryan Lochte's name & image has been taken off the Olympic endorser page on Ralph Lauren's website
CqafxORVMAAdLcj.jpg

Lochte's reputation has been ruined for good

^

Agreed

Canadian Olympics coverage and social networking are fantastic

View media item 2140427
CBC is always my go to for the events live,I switch over to NBC usually for the track events though, I love Ato Boldens enthusiastic commentary during the races :lol:, and the post-event interviews since they always manage to get the stars to talk after.

CBC's coverage is so much more in depth and wide ranging,they show just about everything and everyone. NBC only highlights the stars and Americans,it doesn't even matter if they're near last :lol:

Last edited:
I saw some Bloomberg writer try to blame the low ratings on millenials as if there aren't any millennials in Canada where the ratings are way up on London :lol:. Not anyone's fault but themselves that NBC decided to shaft the West Coast audience again with the time delay

Last edited:
I'm confused like everyone else about why they show the top 3 in an event then show 14, 22, and 40. I know they always gotta show the Americans place but why you gotta ignore some of the other top people.

They also kept showing interviews people don't care about and waste broadcast time. Track and field has awesome events but polevaulting, high jump, and long jump only get quick recaps.

Great Olympics games for the U.S we actually already won more medals this year (120) than we did last time (104) and we have a crazy 40 more medals than the next country China..

Hopefully the US can get another game during my lifetime..That would be a dream come true to watch some of these events live..L.A in the final 3 for the 2024 games..hopefully they win

GB were second unless I missed something.

And everyone benefitted from no Russia.

that party tho :smokin

IT was a great two weeks fellas... the 4 year wait is crazy |I

here is to tokyo :nthat:

Last edited:
The basketball and soccer specialty channels coudve been something else inbetweeb or after games instead of replaying games over and over.

Wish they showed more of the less popular sports. Archery, fencing, volleyball, ping pong badminton, rigby, rowing. Cool but limited airplay.

Dawg i love the olympics so much. Im sad already. 4 years...gahhh. I missed the 1st 10 days..but its been a pleasure talking with you guys these last few days. The events have been great. Cant wait til tokyo.

[quote name="Picasso Swerve"]Wish they showed more of the less popular sports. Archery, fencing, volleyball, ping pong badminton, rigby, rowing. Cool but limited airplay.[/quote]Synchronized Swimming always impresses me, and they showed approximately 2 seconds of it. :stoneface:

Wow. Kenyan marathon winner gets his medal at the closing ceremony!

Sad thing is the silver medalist from Ethiopia is going through some **** back home. His people are being imprisoned and even murdered by the gov't. He made an X gesture with his arms when he finished his race to show solidarity but he might be facing trouble when he gets back. The tragedy of the Olympics--- some of these folks have a hard life back home. Meanwhile we have Americans peeing on gas stations and creating fables.

How many of the athletes have already gone home? I wonder if they have a choice to stay or their country only pays for them to stay as long as their event lasts. (i.e. rifle shooter from Uzbekistan)

Would be better with Turner or abc/ESPN.. Nbc doesn't have enough channels to properly cover it like it should be covered

Luckily for carribean folks we got ESPN thrown in too.. Then you had USA randomly covering some events

Also I think things could have been even better if it was held at a more organized location

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom