OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

I've always found the triple-jump to be an odd event. Just a very unnatural kind of motion. Like, who came up with that and why? Nevertheless, its hard and I have great respect for the people who are good at it.

Saw that D'Agostino was advanced to the 5000 M final after she had that bad fall and finished the last 4 1/2 laps on a messed up knee.

Here's the video from the trials when Allyson didn't get a spot in the 200m because of Prandini Dive

At the end of the day they wanted it more and were willing to do what it takes including diving

You guys see Hamblin and D'Agostino during the 5000m final? Someone must be cutting onions in my office :frown:

I wonder if Hamblin will get a spit in the final too. Doubt D'Agostino is able to compete.

Somewhere in Rio, Justin Gatlin is somewhere thinking "Maybe I should've dived so I could've finally beaten Bolt."

My man Ato Boldon get's pretty hyped up when he calls track events. :lol: I like it. I think its cool when you can tell a commentator is a big fan of the sport.

NBC has Ato Bolden, BBC has Michael Johnson and CBC has Donovan Bailey.  Who do you guys feel is the best commentator out of the 3?

Last edited:
My man Ato Boldon get's pretty hyped up when he calls track events. :lol: I like it. I think its cool when you can tell a commentator is a big fan of the sport.

Rowdy Gaines that was doing all the swimming events was the same as well. Except for the 800m where Ledecky was beating everyone including the World Record mark, they were just having a basic convo.

Last edited:
All I care about as far as commentators go is when they show Sanya Richards-Ross in the booth.

Just hearing her sweet voice gets my blood flowing, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
So Brazil soccer Women choked and lost Sweden when they crushed them 4-0 in the first round.

Any updates on Crabby Gabby?? :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom