OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

The thing is Felix would NEVER do something like that.

We are talking about the female GOAT track athlete. I could be wrong, let me know if she has ever dove to win a race.

Should be about winning with class and dignity, of which Allyson Felix has set the bar for all athletes.

Cancelling vacation to Barbados. Going to Bermuda instead.
That's why I was so pissed

Finish the damn foot race on your damn feet. If Miller trained better, she wouldn't have to be desperate.

That desperation earned her an Olympic title though....not even mad at her :lol:

Last edited:
Finish the damn foot race on your damn feet. If Miller trained better, she wouldn't have to be desperate.

"Trained better"

:rofl:

Someone in position to get gold or silver in the Olympics needs to train better

Didn't look like a dive to me. She definitely lost stride and tripped up. Unfortunate and she'll never really be able to enjoy the win because I'm sure she'll lose the next time she runs that race but then again, what do I know

Didn't look like a dive to me. She definitely lost stride and tripped up. Unfortunate and she'll never really be able to enjoy the win because I'm sure she'll lose the next time she runs that race but then again, what do I know

Why you assume she's going lose?

She's only 22.. And has been consistently up there on the world stage for a bit now (won silver at last year's world championships)

Why you assume she's going lose?

She's only 22.. And has been consistently up there on the world stage for a bit now (won silver at last year's world championships)

Only assuming because that last push looked like it was taking everything she had.

I think running out of lane 7 is what really killed her.. She pressed early and was tightening up at the end badly.. I don't even think the dive was intentional.. I think she clipped her foot and dived just because she was tripping up anyways, so best to lung for the line

So much salt, I love it. 
laugh.gif

"America got robbed.
mad.gif

frown.gif
 " 

LeBron-James-Smallest-Violin-Gif.gif

So much salt, I love it. :lol:

"America got robbed. >:  :frown:  " 

Word,people sound genuinely upset knowing damn well that there wouldn't be any outrage if it didn't involve an American :lol:

"Train harder" had me :rofl:

They also dominate just about every other sport,no need to be greedy :lol:

Last edited:
Welp. Didn't even know Michelle Jenneke was in that heat. She got no camera time. Finished 6th.

That desperation earned her an Olympic title though....not even mad at her :lol:

That's true, but she's 6'1 and Allyson is 5'6, and she was in front of her already, she didn't even need to dive :lol: :lol:

"What if Allyson dove??" That still sounds goofy :rofl:

So much salt, I love it. :lol:

"America got robbed. >:  :frown:  " 

Can't speak for anyone else, but there's no patriotic salt on my part. I'd be saying the same thing if it was Felix.

There's no place for diving for the finish line in a foot race, IMO. Defeats the purpose of, ya know, racing on your feet to see who is the fastest on said feet. :lol:

Word. Foot race I wanna see a fair and square win that's all. Idc who it was its a weak finish. Even if it's for gold. You wouldn't even feel like a true winner winning like that. They're world class athletes but she wasn't deserving of the gold medal.

Word. Foot race I wanna see a fair and square win that's all. Idc who it was its a weak finish. Even if it's for gold. You wouldn't even feel like a true winner winning like that. They're world class athletes but she wasn't deserving of the gold medal.

:rofl: @ "she wasn't deserving of the gold"

The funniest part is y'all are dead serious.

"True winner", my god. :lol:

Get over it, she's the Olympic champion and deserves the gold because she won the damn race.

People lean in sprinting all the time, sometimes they fall.

Either a lot of y'all are ignorant of the sport or just blinded by patriotism.

:lol: aight lemme get out my feels.

Just defending bae. I love you Allyson :smh:

I'm sad too, Felix is such a bae but she just wasn't in her best form because of the ankle.

She's smoked Miller before and if she had run her best it wouldn't have mattered if she dived or not.

Back
Top Bottom