OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

^agreed. They've been making up all kinds of stuff just to create some crappy story involving her, and you can tell all of that has been bothering her

And most of the main culprits were other black women talking about her hair. I remember Aly was the same way when Gabby was flourishing last year w/ her demeanor, I guess people forgot.

The world would be better without social media. It makes the world worse as each second goes by. Some people enjoy hating on other people. Others need to do it to get laughs and get likes or have it go viral. Gabby is black and female so the hate she gets is pretty high.

Yea most of the big Olympic sports I think most people are on something.. The drugs are way ahead of the testing, so we won't really know until years IF we ever find out

Like even that stuff the woman Russian breaststroker was on, was legal up to one point.. But even fif they stopped taking it, it could still show up on test couple months later

That's why gaitlin's story about being setup was kinda believable, because you did have to be stupid to take the stuff he got caught with.. Since they had other stuff that the tests couldn't find

Last edited:
IOC's war against drugs is just as bad the real war against drugs.

Just legalize it and regulate it.

It's a losing battle.

With so much on the line for their personal careers/nations, it's foolish to think that some of the most competitive people on the planet wouldn't do everything they can to improve.

Then you add in the fact that these athletes are pushing their bodies to levels that the human body has not gone to as evidenced by all the WR's being challenged and broken.

The pain and grind of training to get to that point without help from drugs is ridiculous. PED's can help athletes recover fast and generally improve their quality of life considering all the wear and tear they require.

Even people who want to stay clean know that you can't do that and compete against those who are juicing.

You legalize it and regulate it, the playing field is level once again or at least far closer to it than it is right now.

Lily King's stance is uninformed, she's a great athlete and I'm happy to have watched her dominate but she doesn't really know the full scope of doping.

This 10K open water swim is crazy. Lasts about 2 hours. Of course while I was flipping channels espn posted the results before lazy nbc even started showing the event.

IOC's war against drugs is just as bad the real war against drugs.

Just legalize it and regulate it.

It's a losing battle.

With so much on the line for their personal careers/nations, it's foolish to think that some of the most competitive people on the planet wouldn't do everything they can to improve.

Then you add in the fact that these athletes are pushing their bodies to levels that the human body has not gone to as evidenced by all the WR's being challenged and broken.

The pain and grind of training to get to that point without help from drugs is ridiculous. PED's can help athletes recover fast and generally improve their quality of life considering all the wear and tear they require.

Even people who want to stay clean know that you can't do that and compete against those who are juicing.

You legalize it and regulate it, the playing field is level once again or at least far closer to it than it is right now.

Lily King's stance is uninformed, she's a great athlete and I'm happy to have watched her dominate but she doesn't really know the full scope of doping.

I could only imagine how PEDs would've helped my 800M :lol: It took a looong time for me to run under 2:00 for the 800m, then I never ran anything under 1:58, no matter the diet, training, or anything. No matter how ahead of pace I was, it was a 1:58 by the time I crossed the finish line.

Apparently Dafne Schippers had a groin injury that affected her training before the rounds of the 100m.  Apparently before the heats she was at about 60% but has had intense physio.  Hopefully those physios will have her more ready by final of 200m cause I think a healthy Schippers is the only 1 that can give Elaine Thompson a good race in the 200m at this point

I could only imagine how PEDs would've helped my 800M
laugh.gif
It took a looong time for me to run under 2:00 for the 800m, then I never ran anything under 1:58, no matter the diet, training, or anything. No matter how ahead of pace I was, it was a 1:58 by the time I crossed the finish line.

Apparently Dafne Schippers had a groin injury that affected her training before the rounds of the 100m.  Apparently before the heats she was at about 60% but has had intense physio.  Hopefully those physios will have her more ready by final of 200m cause I think a healthy Schippers is the only 1 that can give Elaine Thompson a good race in the 200m at this point

Yup, makes sense how disappointing her performance was now because she's looked great before even though she is better in 200.

I think Thompson wins regardless though, she's in exceptional form and SAFP toe is not going to let her be great this year.

Yup, makes sense how disappointing her performance was now because she's looked great before even though she is better in 200.

I think Thompson wins regardless though, she's in exceptional form and SAFP toe is not going to let her be great this year.

IDK but there's not telling. I could see a couple Olympics going by before it's broken. That's not the type of race where you'll see a big change every Olympic games

Anywhere to see clips/highlights of the 10k open water swim?  Was very intrigued by this event and didn't get to watch it.

Speaking of 10k's, still caught up on Ayana's destruction of the 10,000 m.  That was one hell of a race she ran.

I wish I could've helped her out. Sucks when injuries happen before the biggest races.

dam watching this balance beam final and flavia saraiva of Brazil is only 4'4 and 68 lbs.  Even for gymnasts she's tiny

I had a feeling Sanne Wevers would take gold for Balance Beam.  First medal for a Dutch woman too props to her

Back
Top Bottom