OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

I hope this Brazilian gymnast gets a medal for floor exercises. Loved how hyped he got after he was done

Why is lane 8 so difficult? Not being able to see anyone in front of you?

Why is lane 8 so difficult? Not being able to see anyone in front of you?

You're running blind..

Ideally you want to run in lanes 3-5.. You can use the person above you to kinda pull you through the first 200-300 while you relax and then kick the back half

The good news for the rest of the beach volleyball players is that kerri walsh and april ross are both 34. But who knows they might still be beasting 4 years from now in Tokyo. All these talented tall players just need experience though. The oldest players seem to be the top ones in this sport.

Walsh turns 39 tomorrow

Damn. Didn't know she was that old. This is most likely her last olympics then. I think the commentators said her birthday was occuring during the match.

Yea i had no clue either til they mentioned her age.. And that she played indoor first and was on the team in Sydney

ok Bolt is THE man but he's no Marley :lol:

Marley is still celebrated all over the planet

he was and still is an emblem for freedom and peace.

dude stopped political violence in Jamaica with his music god damn :lol:

Did they cut down on letting Olympic Village info/pics get out? I felt like it was a lot more stuff being seen during the London games

Lashawn Merritt now gotta focus on that 200m, ran 19.74 this season and see if he can challenge bolt

Did they cut down on letting Olympic Village info/pics get out? I felt like it was a lot more stuff being seen during the London games

Athletes definitely keeping their dirt more hidden. They're not walking around with their shirt off and taking pics with women like kobe. Is Lindsey Vonn visiting rio? Wouldn't be surprised if she's visiting each floor of the athlete dorms. Girl has been thirsting all summer.

Kinda on topic but I just saw a commercial for an ashley madison app. I thought the hack would've shut them down. Guess not. They're just asking to get hacked again.

People, especially Americans should be ashamed how they've treated Gabby during the past 4 years.

Never have I seen such a great champion get critized for such baseless things time and time again. The undercurrent of racism and sexism isn't even that much of an "under", it's blatant.

I know damn well if she was white there is no way in hell she deals with any of this garbage. All she has done is show excellence on the world stage and bring home 3 gold medals representing her country.

She's already a top gymnast in American History because of that and is obviously one the greater athletes our nation has produced.

You got a bunch of ************* sitting at home typing hurtful messages to her when they don't win in their own lives let alone for their nation.

It's so sad because she actually deserves the utmost respect and yet here we are.

She's a strong young woman though and I know that she won't let this define her because it doesn't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom