OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

When de grasse turned pro last year puma signed him to the biggest rookie deal for a track athlete ever. $11.25 mil over 5 years base with $30 mil in potential bonuses which he triggered some I'm sure with the bronze medal. $2.25 mil a year base puma knows bolt is done sprinting soon and is banking on de grasse to be next great sprinter. Bigger deal than what Nike gave to Walter Dix and Xavier Carter when turned pro

Daamn Walter Dix :wow:,haven't heard that name in years. Always thought dude would be one of the few runners able to challenge Bolt after Beijing but that never really went anywhere :lol: :\

Last edited:
just saw Bolt. incredible.

smh at Costas bringing up Marley. why even start that debate? let Usain shine on his own. who cares if he's the most transcendent Jamaican of all time. all that matters is he is the most transcendent human on earth right now.

Amazing performance from Bolt. Nothing you can do when he turns it on down the stretch
mean.gif

Bob Marley will always and forever be #1 just off his social impact outside Jamaica but Bolt is def #2 though.

Not to mention, music is more universal than sports. Not too many parties you'll go to and someone will be like, "yo, let's throw on the men's 100M finals from the 2012 Olympics." But Bob Marley's music is playing somewhere all the time.

The good news for the rest of the beach volleyball players is that kerri walsh and april ross are both 34. But who knows they might still be beasting 4 years from now in Tokyo. All these talented tall players just need experience though. The oldest players seem to be the top ones in this sport.

Last edited:

The Olympics won't be as fun without the 2 [emoji]128016[/emoji]'s man :smh:

I could see both back

I think Phelps is done, but I can see Usain being back for Tokyo.

I think the competitive bug catches him again.. He could take a year off

He needs to cut his program down some more though.. Could tell the races really took a toll on him by time he got to the 100 fly, just didn't have his usual pop

Even in the final of the 2 IM, he didn't look as good as he usually does.. Especially after what he did in the semi 'cruising'

If he cuts the 200 fly and 4x 200 relay, that would cut out 4 swims and give him days off between swims.. Assuming he would swim the 4 X 100 free relay again

The good news for the rest of the beach volleyball players is that kerri walsh and april ross are both 34. But who knows they might still be beasting 4 years from now in Tokyo. All these talented tall players just need experience though. The oldest players seem to be the top ones in this sport.

Walsh turns 39 tomorrow

Wow at the 400 final. The South African dude destroyed that.

I was kinda thinking he'd win, but damn, that was a near no contest for him. Merritt and the other dude were basically fighting for 2nd. I can't help that every time I see Merritt, i think about him syphoning Jeremy Wariner's spirit :lol: :lol: Ever since Marritt beat him, back in 2008(??), he was never the same.

Back
Top Bottom