OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

Phelps is the GOAT

It was a wrap when he kept a nice pace through fly/back/breast and exploded in the last freestyle lap
i think he exploded in the breaststroke leg. had a huge lead going into the freestyle. similar to his semi performance

Those dudes have to kill themselves just to try to keep up with phelps on the first 50, butterfly

Lochte won a gold in the 200 back in '08 and hagino is also good on the back

But none of those dudes have the combination of all 4 strokes anywhere close to phelps.. Maybe on 1 or 2 strokes if that

Like hagino could keep up with phelps in the 2free.. And beat him slightly in the 200 back.. But would get dusted in the 100 and 200 fly and 200 breast

Good lord I can't imagine Penny Oleksiak at 20 in 4 years in Tokyo, she's gonna be the best in the world :x

Last edited:
Land of the Free, Home of the Brave 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I feel like Lochte was just hyped up by American media just like Katie Hoff was when they were anointing her as female Phelps before her disappointing Olympics

Whatever drugs the Australian team cycled off for this meet got to be something serious

Again, Stanford going be beastly on the women's side..

Ledecky, Manuel and Lisa Neal.. Curious to see if dirado still retires

Other than phelps.. Want to see my dude schooling do well

If phelps wins his 4th straight gold in this, that would probably be the next most impressive thing he has done to the 8 golds in Beijing.. Field is going to be tough

^ got plenty of Texas dudes there

My dude schooling might take it from phelps

Last edited:
My dude schooling might take it from phelps

Most likely will

I'm new to Schooling -- he looked great

Going be tight.. Phelps was 50.45 end of last year.. And don't forget he was just off another final

Going have a couple dudes under 51 in the final (there were 3 at world championships last year and another at 51.06.. Le clos, cseh, schooling and then shields)

A young gymnast who walks behind Simone Biles looks like a 12-year old :x

I didn't know the US has had the past 3 all around gymnastics champions. carly patterson in 2004, nastia in 2008, and gabby in 2012.

US men volleyball :pimp:

What a heck of a blocker, Max Holt

US vs Brasil on NBCSN

Back
Top Bottom