OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

bruh...i know it was just a semi but what a savage Phelps is. last place at the turn and finishes 2nd :rofl:

love the demeanor of the Mustafina chick. always looks crazy focused and has a low key assassin stare down face :lol:

Last edited:
Russians chick are like robots. No emotion no congrats to each other. Hahahah Bae is next :smile:

:lol: yeah even when her teammate fell, no words of encouragement or consolation :lol:

and i'm with you on Aly bae...she's nice

Last edited:
Didn't stand and clap like Madison and Laurie did for Aly.

i saw this and just felt that inside she's just disappointed in her own performance. she knows it could have been her instead of Aly but she didn't get it done. i'm sure she's happy for her teammates, but at the same time, she knows she could have done more. tough way to go out. hopefully she can grab a medal in one of the individual events.

I'm here for Shelly-Ann Fraser now

Gonna miss seeing Kellie Wells & Carmelita Jeter in the games
mean.gif
frown.gif
Yep.

Word to beast mode.

GOATS :pimp:

History on both sides in this race :pimp: :pimp:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CppEUF-UMAArUi9.jpg

[GALLERY="media, 2130946"][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY="media, 2130944"][/GALLERY]

Their moms

[GALLERY="media, 2130945"][/GALLERY]

Last edited:
Is there not NCAA imposed restrictions on how much free swag the "amateur" athletes can receive?

Polo, Nike, Under Armour, ect. Not exactly Walmart specials lol.

Is there not NCAA imposed restrictions on how much free swag the "amateur" athletes can receive?

Polo, Nike, Under Armour, ect. Not exactly Walmart specials lol.

NCAA knows not to mess w/ the IOC

But I'm loving the flourish from all these young ladies. Gabby is still a world class athlete, probably disappointed in herself which she has every right to be. You gotta push to be the best, especially when you know you may not compete again. If I'm not mistaken, same was said about Aly in either London or Beijing.

I haven't really heard much about basketball, guess it's one of those "Meh, we'll get gold anyway" type things so the uncertainty of the other things is more exciting.

Track up next and Usain got the target on his back and Gatlin aiming.

Last edited:
Australia gave the nba team a really competitive game. Just couldn't pull off the win the last few minutes. The women's team is so much better than everyone else that it's not even worth watching their games. My Serbian baes played decent though.

Gatlin always shrinks on this stage and Bolt lives for this stage.

Nothing will change, I expect Bolt to end his Olympic career doing what he was born to do.

Greatest sprinter to walk the earth.

Watching the women's 10k right now and I remember dreading this back in college in the last races of the season but during cross country instead. I would've been totally miserable if I had to do that on the track :lol:

^ anything over a 400 was a distance event to me.. Hell even the first 200 of the 4 I would drag of the the person in the lane up from me and then sprint the back half

I got put in the 800 and 1500 when I swam literally because I had the energy and lung capacity to just out run or keep going longing than most

And asafa Powell is the real one who shrinks

Last edited:
^ anything over a 400 was a distance event to me.. Hell even the first 200 of the 4 I would drag of the the person in the lane up from me and then sprint the back half

I got put in the 800 and 1500 when I swam literally because I had the energy and lung capacity to just out run or keep going longing than most

Not related to your post above, but I wanted to let you know that I tried using some of those swimming tips you posted in here earlier and they do make a big difference. In particular, the thing about using your whole leg to kick and not just kicking at the knees did wonders for me. I was basically getting no power from my kick before. Makes it so much easier. Have to concentrate to do it though because its not an instinctive motion for me. But definitely one of those slow down to speed up situations.

People still running laps while the medalists are celebrating. I'd probably just stop and run to the concession stand.

Not related to your post above, but I wanted to let you know that I tried using some of those swimming tips you posted in here earlier and they do make a big difference. In particular, the thing about using your whole leg to kick and not just kicking at the knees did wonders for me. I was basically getting no power from my kick before. Makes it so much easier. Have to concentrate to do it though because its not an instinctive motion for me. But definitely one of those slow down to speed up situations.

No problem man.. Yea it takes a bit to get adjusted to.. But once you do you can keep your legs more relaxed.. Same with the arm recover in freestyle

All strokes are kinda like that.. Where once you get more comfortable you can relax during certain stages and it allows you to cut down drag

But just think of this exercise, with your feet pointed.. It's what you're basically doing in free and back.. As soon as you bend your knees your creating drag

I was doing the 3200 & 1600 in HS. If I could do it all over, I would have done the 1600 and 800 heading into college, specifically the 800. Probably would have gone to a bigger school had I did.

Jessica Ennis huh? :smokin Her abs >>>

Back
Top Bottom