OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

Anyone else feel like Gabby Douglas is just a sour apple at this point?

No hand over heart during anthem. Didn't stand and clap like Madison and Laurie did for Aly.

Just seems like jealousy and arrogance to me.

Gabby probably disappointed with her own performance/tired of it all at this point.

Last edited:
I don't think she's jealous. She won the gold last olympics and I think was on a wheaties box. Sucks that she can't defend her title and isn't really talked about.

Gabby probably disappointed with her own performance/tired of it all at this point.
Absolutely. That's exactly what I keep thinking every time I see her, just knowing that it's over for her, really not wanting to accept that but... knowing.

I don't think she's jealous. She won the gold last olympics and I think was on a wheaties box. Sucks that she can't defend her title and isn't really talked about.
that's true and i'd feel the exact same way but some PR training could easily have her feigning a smile or standing up to clap to avoid all this criticism

think gabby even knew beforehand repeating would've been toughed. think reality sinking in as far as her personal career being over is what frustrates her, not that her teammates beat her out in medals

YO... Le Clos 
roll.gif

Lookie who's patting @MichaelPhelps on the back just before they go head to head again? #LeClos #phelps #Olympics pic.twitter.com/CsYCGXGn6G
— SandyLeeTV (@SandyLeeTV) August 12, 2016

Can't get the embedded video to work... but Le Clos basically patted Phelps on the back during his interview. Master troll

le clos just trolling. he knew he escaped with that gold in 2012 and mike could never take that away from him. it's like he's the 1 to beat the undertaker at wrestlemania

Last edited:
Phelps still cleaning up. Jesus @ that margin of victory in the 200 IM :x

feel bad for Lochte

Last edited:
is it me or nbc coverage, especially primetime been horrible? they waste so much time in between when it is already tape delayed. would not be surprised if most viewers dont make it to midnight. last few nights, just been sleeping before it ends and missing a good chunk of swimmng

Last edited:
Absolutely. That's exactly what I keep thinking every time I see her, just knowing that it's over for her, really not wanting to accept that but... knowing.

that's true and i'd feel the exact same way but some PR training could easily have her feigning a smile or standing up to clap to avoid all this criticism

Both of these. It's easy for people to joke and attack her than it is to simply step back and be logical. McKayla pretty much realized that heading into this Olympics, which was the reason for her retirement. Gymnastics really isn't a sport that you can continue to do for a very long time, especially as far as getting better. It's a sport where your youth is one of the biggest factors. Why else would China continue to trot out "women" who are clearly little girls :lol: :lol:?

I'm here for Shelly-Ann Fraser now

Gonna miss seeing Kellie Wells & Carmelita Jeter in the games :smh: :frown:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom