OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

Can you foresee him defending both back golds in Tokyo?

My dude Murphy with 2 gold!!!

Soon going be 3

Yea, he's young.. Still has a year left at cal

Honestly I think he's going be major major for the US come 2020.. He'll swim the 3 events he's swimming in this games (100 & 200 back and then medley really)

But I could see him challenging for a spot for the 4 X 100 free relay too

Young guys stepping up is huge for the us moving forward.. Murphy, dressel, haas, conger, pebley, Miller, cordes, Kalisz and prenot are all under 25

Australia is really crapping the bed in these games..

Only Kyle chalmers has done a personal best so far.. Horton won the 400 free.. And the girl who won the silver in the 200 fly was good

The rest are swimming horribly.. And they had some heavy favorites coming in

Missy out of the finals.. Man going be tough for her next couple of days-months.. Average joes expected a ton coming into these games.. Advertisers too

I can't imagine how many ads got shot and money spent.. And they had to turnaround after trials and scrap that shhhh quick

Last edited:
You don't think Cate Campbell will take the sprints?

Australia is really crapping the bed in these games..

Only Kyle chalmers has done a personal best so far.. Horton won the 400 free.. And the girl who won the silver in the 200 fly was good

The rest are swimming horribly.. And they had some heavy favorites coming in

^ I do.. But mcevoy was just as far ahead of the rest of the men as she is/was with the women.. He went 47.04 just at their trials (gold was 47.58 last night.. He was 7th at 48.12)

And she broke the world record just after.. We'll see how close she gets to her personal best, which was literally just done in a 'tune up' meet

She would have been out of hard practice, but she wouldn't be resting.. And definitely wouldn't have been shaved

Her world record is 52.06.. She did it July 2nd

Last edited:
Phelps gold again or Ryan finally getting one over his boy? Or maybe someone from the field to ruin everything? :lol:

Phelps gold again or Ryan finally getting one over his boy? Or maybe someone from the field to ruin everything?
laugh.gif
honestly don't think Lochte has a chance, to me it's between Phelps and Hagino for the gold but Phelps is the clear favorite

Last edited:
Man.. Wanted him to get that WR

Honestly, dude could cut his schedule down a bit more and swim in Tokyo (cut the 200 fly and the 4 x200 free relay)

Train more sprints, cut down to 2 individual events and 2 relays (100 fly, 200 IM, medley and 4 x100 free relay)

Last edited:
Please tell me I'm not the only one that got the chills watching that. I have been luck af to watch him here in Omaha during the years in the Trials

I wish phelps was the the 2nd semi.. Get a little more rest.. But get to see what the guys ahead of him do

100 fly is going to be ridiculously fast

Please tell me I'm not the only one that got the chills watching that. I have been luck af to watch him here in Omaha during the years in the Trials

History in real time will do that to you.

He's unprecedented.

Add in all that he's dealt with in his personal life to be able to overcome that and come back better is just inspiring and illuminating.

Just a human being who is a god in his craft, it's not explainable yet you can still see why.

It's obvious just something inside of him combined with 1 in 10 million genetics, a level so rare that you can't help but watch in awe.

I'm not even patriotic because of all the things wrong with your country but I can't help but just have the utmost respect for what this man has done at the most elite level.

Back
Top Bottom