Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@InsideHoops Cleveland Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith had surgery to repair a complex fracture of his right thumb today. He's likely out 12-14 weeks. #Cavs

Last edited:
George Karl is an egomaniac who craves attention. That's why he did it.

Remember when Charlie Villenueva was crying about KG talking trash to him during a game and said he looked like a cancer patient because of his alopecia?

George Karl had to come from whatever hole he was in and pen an open letter to KG and tell him not to talk about people with cancer. Like bruh, we get it. No one is talking to you. Just another way for him to grab attention and stroke his ego even in mortality.

Swaggy or Lou for Done-leavy and a draft pick.
nerd.gif
Nooooooo, not worth it

Melo's a better man than me for taking the high road on the Karl situation and wishing him well
laugh.gif
It probably cuts deeper that Melo handled it the way he did.

Final answer was "I guess I will comment more on the situation when I write MY book."
pimp.gif

edit: Kenyon was hot though

Last edited:
I've heard all the talk of the Warriors thin bench (which has been vastly overstated btw), but why is nobody questioning the Cavs losing delly who was probably there second best perimeter defender and a spot up shot threat, Losing a rim protecting Big in Mogzov, & adding nothing but the corpse of Dunleavy & an older RJ/JJ.

Their bench ain't exactly strong at all, and on a team on a crash course with the dubs who's best players are perimeter guys, why is this lack of depth not being talked about more?

I've heard all the talk of the Warriors thin bench (which has been vastly overstated btw), but why is nobody questioning the Cavs losing delly who was probably there second best perimeter defender and a spot up shot threat, Losing a rim protecting Big in Mogzov, & adding nothing but the corpse of Dunleavy & an older RJ/JJ.

Their bench ain't exactly strong at all, and on a team on a crash course with the dubs who's best players are perimeter guys, why is this lack of depth not being talked about more?
Cavs need to recalibrate and just rest up for June. Not worth overplaying everyone when they can cruise to a 1 or at worst 2 seed in the east.

LeBron is averging 39 minutes this month.

I don't even think they need homecourt throughout the East playoffs anyways. 2nd seed should be good enough.

They're 5 games ahead of the 3rd seed, so it'll be pretty tough for them to lose enough to get there.
I looked at the roster and thought "Wow, this roster is thinner than I remember" because of Mo's retirement and Birdman's torn ACL. :lol:

Cavs don't seem to need Delly. They didn't play him much at all against the Warriors in the finals.

They just won a title running a really short rotation in the playoffs and the starters playing heavy minutes.

Cavs don't seem to need Delly. They didn't play him much at all against the Warriors in the finals.

They just won a title running a really short rotation in the playoffs and the starters playing heavy minutes.

Indeed they did, but let's be reminded that they were one shot away from losing that game & relied on Lebron playing the best ball of his life night in & night out to get them there. You now play the same team who just Added a HOF'er in his prime to it & have a weaker bench than before. That's not a plus for them at all.

They are surely in need of another impactful bench player, especially against the W's because they no longer have the Luxury of letting Lebron rest on some plays. I'm assuming he's gonna spend a lot of his time guarding KD, which is gonna turn out horrid if he has to score 30+ and damn near a triple double to keep them in the game.

They don't need Delly to win another chip, but they need a decent rotation player like Delly to get through the regular season to ease the load on LeBron and Kyrie.

@mr_jasonjones Saw some of the excerpts on Cousins/Kings, Karl says he likes Cousins personally, but also "most disrespectful person" he's been around
@mr_jasonjones Karl writes 20 yrs ago he wouldn't have had to treat Cousins like a "fragile care package" because peer pressure would have made him change

RJ is perfect.

He wanted to retire, and didn't, I think when the off days kicked in he realized they needed each other, because I'm sure at his salary they didn't want to let that piece or him, go.

Why little Nate isn't on a squad is beyond me.

Why TRob can't find more minutes on a good (or bad for that matter) team is also beyond me.

I'd take him.

You're saying lebron needs more help?

Green, byke. Can't miss the chance to play in Detroit

Marc SteinESPN Senior Writer 

The Warriors just announced that Draymond Green is available to play tonight in Detroit after the birth of his son earlier this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom