Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenyon brings up a good point after I just said Karl was a good coach. The wins don't make you a good coach. Pop has emphasized how much he prioritizes teaching his players about life and how to become good people over basketball.

Lowry is shooting 45% on threes on 7 attempts a game. :x

Son got the laser right now.

That whole team besides DeRozan is cooking from deep and yet DeRozan is still somehow maintaining above average efficiency.

Norman Powell needs more minutes.

Hold up,did Karl really say this ****?

View media item 2272070
Tell us how you really feel old man :stoneface:

From '02

MILWAUKEE — The current issue of Esquire magazine includes a profile on Milwaukee Bucks coach George Karl that reprises a feud with Orlando coach Doc Rivers and includes the following comment.

"Doc's been anointed," Karl says in the magazine. "And that's OK. I understand that that happens, but it's not necessarily right. Doc does a great job--and now there's gonna be four or five more anointments of the young Afro-American coach."

Karl has drawn fire for adding a racial element to an issue he has railed against before, and he tried to clarify his point in comments to Milwaukee reporters before Tuesday's game.

"Philosophically, what I was complaining about, was coaches getting jobs skipping the process of serving their time," Karl said. "There are four guys who come to mind: Danny Ainge, Isiah Thomas, Larry Bird and Doc Rivers. They never really coached before they got a head-coaching job. That bothers me and will always bother me.

Link

Tell us how you really feel old man
indifferent.gif
Dude's trash

Karl is one of the most overrated coaches ever.

I'm still gonna read this book though. :nerd:

Nothing will top PJ slandering Kobe though :smokin

I'm still gonna read this book though. :nerd:

Nothing will top PJ slandering Kobe though :smokin

Tell me when George Karl had the talent to win a chip.

I'll wait :nerd:

(In before...."he shoulda beat JORDAN's 72 Win Bulls in the 96 finals")

View media item 2272070
Tell us how you really feel old man :stoneface:

From '02

MILWAUKEE — The current issue of Esquire magazine includes a profile on Milwaukee Bucks coach George Karl that reprises a feud with Orlando coach Doc Rivers and includes the following comment.

"Doc's been anointed," Karl says in the magazine. "And that's OK. I understand that that happens, but it's not necessarily right. Doc does a great job--and now there's gonna be four or five more anointments of the young Afro-American coach."

Karl has drawn fire for adding a racial element to an issue he has railed against before, and he tried to clarify his point in comments to Milwaukee reporters before Tuesday's game.

"Philosophically, what I was complaining about, was coaches getting jobs skipping the process of serving their time," Karl said. "There are four guys who come to mind: Danny Ainge, Isiah Thomas, Larry Bird and Doc Rivers. They never really coached before they got a head-coaching job. That bothers me and will always bother me.

Link

Wow...really had no idea dude was like that...:x :smh:

Sounds like Donald Sterling's kind of coach

Last edited:

I'm still gonna read this book though.
nerd.gif

Nothing will top PJ slandering Kobe though
smokin.gif
Tell me when George Karl had the talent to win a chip.

I'll wait
nerd.gif

(In before...."he shoulda beat JORDAN's 72 Win Bulls in the 96 finals")
Uhh, what? The '94 Sonics won 63 games, had the best record in the league, were top 3 on both ends of the floor, and flamed out in the 1st round against the 8 seed Nuggets.

Uhh, what? The '94 Sonics won 63 games, had the best record in the league, were top 3 on both ends of the floor, and flamed out in the 1st round against the 8 seed Nuggets.

I'll give you that :lol:.

Other than that though...he's been above average in my book.

Who green lit this though? How do you let this come out in a book?
This America or nah? Not the worst thing to be written and published lol...

Everyone's allowed to make money off their idiotic views
Man i know he didn't write this book himself, and whoever wrote it should have had the wherewithal to know that racist rhetoric in a book about the NBA isn't good idea.

Remember when Karl said back in the day you knew everyone between the parking lot and the locker room. But with todays player you dont know anybody because all the players had their people around, he didnt know who was who anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom