Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does a player who makes it or don't make it to the All Stars, does that make or break a player? 

Doesn't make or break them per se, but players definitely are aware of the benefits of being an All-Star starter. I think you have to be named twice or 3 times as a starter to activate the incentive "Derrick Rose clause" so it does take into account consistency to a degree.

Right. Out of the blue, Javale McGee makes it in and receive his incentives. 

Nah it doesn't work for a 1 time thing. Zaza almost was a starter last year I think.

But who should be the starting pg in the west?

It's backcourt now so Russ and Harden, but it'll probably be Steph. If just one it's Russ, he's still averaging a 30+ point triple double man.

I high key want someone like a Tyler Johnson or Mo Speights kind of guy to get voted in. Just for the chaos.
Exactly. 

laugh.gif
 Dame gonna really be mad. 

He should make the reserves this time though, Kobe kinda screwed him from that spot.

I'm more interested in the West frontcourt. KD is a lock as is Kawhi, but then you have AD/Boogie/Dray all for 1 spot since Blake is hurt now.

Curry guaranteed starter. Go to any court in america and you'll see the extent of his popularity.

Boogie...while having the numbers...I feel like the general public has grown tired of his antics that would show some hesitation in voting for him.

Dray maybe. AD fasho.

So I'm thinking a lineup

Wardell
BestBrook
KD
AD
Dray/Marc

Who's the Coach? Kerr again since he didn't last year? D'Antoni?

^No sad boy superstar? Fans voted him in last year, and you know the media and his peers recognize what he brings to the table.

I think he's a lock with KD. Spurs are 2nd seed Dray is the 3rd best Warrior, I think he's almost got the baggage that Boogie does from the fans' standpoint. No way Kawhi doesn't start. I think AD gets the last spot.

Wait...the Rose/Wall ASG debate is actually a real thing here on NT? :lol:

Wall is the best PG in the East this year...followed by Lowry and Irving.

I think he's a lock with KD. Spurs are 2nd seed Dray is the 3rd best Warrior, I think he's almost got the baggage that Boogie does from the fans' standpoint. No way Kawhi doesn't start. I think AD gets the last spot.

Facts. makes sense. And yea, once you get that stigma, it's hard to shake it even if you start acting right.

hell, even if you change your name to something full of love, they still gonna point fingers at you. Word to Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom